Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 12:58 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,448,689 times

Advertisements

John McCain’s former campaign manager - Steve Schmidt - left the party and recently became a declared Utah Democrat.. He will most likely challenge Mike “give Trump a mulligan” Lee.

He will find the Utah Democratic Party to be spineless - and actually probably would do better as a Utah Republican - the non-lunatic libertarian division of the Republican Party.

Pass the popcorn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 12:58 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I believe so many are fed up with the republicans like Romney, blunt and a few others I believe a vast majority would follow the new party.

A moderate like Romney is the sort of Republican that would fit quite well in a new moderate party. A lot of people are fed up with the GOP cowards in Washington who were afraid to call Trump out for the things he has said and did and still are. I take it you did not read the story.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 02-11-2021 at 01:12 PM..

Old 02-11-2021, 12:59 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
If you split the Republican party into 2, isn't that going to insure Democratic victories?
Not necessarily.

In recent decades I have voted Democrat, simply to ward off the inevitability of a Trump (saw that coming a long time ago) but in many ways would be more aligned with Center Right Republicans.

I think quite a few moderate/centrist Democrats would switch votes to that party. The reality is that a majority of Democrats are practical centrists regardless of the constant exaggerations of the Trump zealots.

I also think quite a few disenchanted Trumpists would move to that party. We saw the shift in Trump's last days where his approval rating began to drop, and after January 6th there is no doubt some have a bad taste in their mouth.

Center Right Republican party would draw from both.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 02-11-2021 at 01:16 PM..

Old 02-11-2021, 03:48 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Not necessarily.

In recent decades I have voted Democrat, simply to ward off the inevitability of a Trump (saw that coming a long time ago) but in many ways would be more aligned with Center Right Republicans.

I think quite a few moderate/centrist Democrats would switch votes to that party. The reality is that a majority of Democrats are practical centrists regardless of the constant exaggerations of the Trump zealots.

I also think quite a few disenchanted Trumpists would move to that party. We saw the shift in Trump's last days where his approval rating began to drop, and after January 6th there is no doubt some have a bad taste in their mouth.

Center Right Republican party would draw from both.

as long as they are not bible thumpers

Old 02-11-2021, 04:14 PM

2,082 posts, read 923,945 times
Third parties wound up on the ash heaps of history

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...e-it-s-the-law

Old 02-11-2021, 04:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
We need 4 parties. Center right; Center left; Progressive Left and Crazy Right.

Old 02-11-2021, 06:55 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,448,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It doesn't matter. The dems now control the voting machines and can determine the outcome of EVERY election of any consequence, despite the will of the people.

By voting, you are condoning the corrupt system by participation. I personally am no longer voting for national political candidates, as it is pointless going forward, and only supporting state elected officials who support secession.

When your voting rights have been rescinded by a corrupt process, you no longer have a voice in the federal government and should seek to separate from that system which chooses to rule like feudal lords, not rightfully elected officials.
Dems OWN voting machines?

Citation please.

Here - I’ll help you: https://www.bustle.com/p/ivanka-trum...means-13095260

The Democratic Party wants to return to paper ballots.

Glad to hear you’re not participating in national elections. Feel sorry for your local governance.

Old 02-11-2021, 06:56 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We need 4 parties. Center right; Center left; Progressive Left and Crazy Right.
I think the crazy left gives the crazy right a run for its money. ANTIFA, AOC, Bernie. But the crazy right has had quite a year of crazy already in 2021.

There are constitutional issues with that. Unless we scrap the EC you have to get to 270 votes which is difficult if there are 4 parties that all get EC votes. And then congress decides who is the POTUS in that case.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:03 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
A lot will depend on how they act, and what their platform is. Remember when the GOP had a platform? Remind me what their platform is today? Yeah.

But a new GOP party could pull votes from both sides if its done right. Including me for example.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
Former Reagan administration officials in talks to form third party. Names under consideration include the Integrity Party and the Center Right Party.

If it is decided instead to form a faction, one name under discussion is the Center Right Republicans.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2AB07P
It’s kind of cute that they think there is a future for them in politics. I don’t think there’s going to be a Never-Trumpistan. Pretty sure we’re exiting Magastan and entering Wokestan. It’s all down hill from here folks. Our society is very quickly turning into a society that requires you to think about the identity of everyone around you just so you can make every day decisions. A society that squeezes you into the most narrow of prisons where you must self censor just to make sure you get to earn a living, who knows what evil deeds you might be conjuring up. If you’re not going to do that you’re racist. If you don’t believe completely in Wokestan you’re racist. Even if you do, you’re still implicitly racist.

What shall we do with you?

That’s basically 2021 politics in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies