Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 09:53 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
http://www.politico.com/news/2021/02...oncedes-467560

“The GOP is dead”

Only need 5 seats. Biden’s job killing, America last and woke policies should be enough for that
So close yet so far when they had the house, senate, and White House a little over two years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 11:48 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
If Republicans take over the House, I'll pivot my investments appropriately, all the while watching the Republicans punish the poor folks stupid enough to put them back in office.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:54 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
If the tide is to change, both sides need to let Trump fade quietly. As long as either side stokes the coals, they risk losing seats. The Dems pushing persecution by any means is going to burn them - they lose the middle ground voter. The Repubs openly trying to distance themselves and aiding the Dems in persecution will cost them the center right. Either way, Trump still has control over the narrative. Leave Trump cut off from social media and ignore him. It's the only way out of this.
The Dems need to stick to the middle ground - stop pushing identity politics but find things that float all boats at the same time while they have power.
The Repubs need to find charismatic young politicians that stick to the middle ground.
Stop the them-us rhetoric and pandering to the vocal minority (far far left and far far right.) Otherwise we end up with more populist leaders.
Baloney.

Trump got the most republican votes in history for president, has received more votes than Barack Obama did in total, and has helped republicans win in places that were usually the territory of democrats before (blue collar poorer union areas for example).

Trump became persona non grata for the establishment and they fired every single gun they had at him...elite billionaires in corporate, big tech, DC, and media worlds.

Combine that with a fluke virus that was a godsend to the left and that's a tough situation to overcome.

Keep Trump, his message, etc. and get a younger, less polarizing but just as tough candidate, and they would be VERY tough to beat.

Also, the Democrat hysteria 24x7 scorched Earth policy that has occurred the past 4 years really expended A LOT of political capital. They already called Trump Hitler, impeached him twice, and went wall to wall for years. How are they going to do all that AGAIN for someone else who is a bit less controversial?

They won't be able to.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
If Republicans take over the House, I'll pivot my investments appropriately, all the while watching the Republicans punish the poor folks stupid enough to put them back in office.
Household income went up thousands of dollars over Obama during the Trump years until the pandemic.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:57 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Household income went up thousands of dollars over Obama during the Trump years until the pandemic.
True, 2019 saw one of the largest increases in household income in decades.

Old 02-11-2021, 12:01 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
One Capitol policeman, Brian D. Sicknick, died that day trying to protect people...
This is patently false.

For starters, he died the next day, so you can't even get the time, place and what he was doing when it happened right.

Second, he died of a stroke, and despite investigators' efforts, they can't connect his death to any injury he suffered during the events of Jan 6th. They're still working on it, apparently.

Unless you can support that propaganda you irresponsibly repeated (you can't, because it's false), you're just another person on the internet who's full of crap.

Old 02-11-2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
This is patently false.

For starters, he died the next day, so you can't even get the time, place and what he was doing when it happened right.

Second, he died of a stroke, and despite investigators' efforts, they can't connect his death to any injury he suffered during the events of Jan 6th. They're still working on it, apparently.

Unless you can support that propaganda you irresponsibly repeated (you can't, because it's false), you're just another person on the internet who's full of crap.
Exactly. Talk about "big lies" and "conspiracy theories."

This person would be "deplatformed" if they weren't on the left.

Old 02-11-2021, 12:06 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
True, 2019 saw one of the largest increases in household income in decades.
via trillions of deficit spending.... Oh look I took 10K from my credit card! Look at how rich I am!

Old 02-11-2021, 12:07 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Then it's time for impeachment and throwing terrorists like Omar off of committees.

Old 02-11-2021, 12:09 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
via trillions of deficit spending.... Oh look I took 10K from my credit card! Look at how rich I am!
Do you mean tax cuts? I do agree the government should reduce spending and leave more money in citizens control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies