Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 10:12 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
the only thing insane is calling this propaganda. Biden is communicating with the American public to explain some of his policies and plans.

Sorry it's not being done via ALL CAPS misspelled tweets, but some people prefer a sane president
Nothing about Joe Biden is sane so far, 42 executive orders in less than a month including a decree that men must be allowed to compete against women in sports, that we can no longer track Chinese government influence in our institutions, and that ICE should no longer enforce immigration law.

And now we have a ministry of propaganda - yeah things are going just swell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 10:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
The WH has had a YouTube channel for 11 years.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:17 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
But he wasn't, that's the point - the whole thing was staged

He had cameras with multiple angles both in the Oval office and in that woman's home. The lighting was altered to make him look softer, there was dramatic music, there was a script and story telling, and the whole thing was cut and edited in a sequence to maximize favorability

It would be different if it was just a regular camera filming him talking on the phone, instead what we got was an elaborate production for propaganda purposes

Do not forget, Joe Biden is president now and not campaigning. It is not normal or acceptable to produce official videos to manipulate the public, it should be expressly illegal to do this
I don’t see it as manipulating, I see it as explaining what policies he wants to enact.
So good lighting and and a sound track means propaganda in your book? Focus on the message. Just because it’s wrapped in a better package doesn’t make it bad.
I think millennials are used to higher quality production and appreciate delivery that includes these features.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:19 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
What is this madness, how have we gotten here! Job Biden has gone full propaganda in slickly produced videos putting him in a good 'dear leader' light.

Have a look at the official White house Channel, they now have staged videos that are edited and produced with music, lighting, story lines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52gVNZY-r1U

This is insane!! The US is not supposed to be some communist helhole or a Nazi control apparatus with a complete MINISTRY OF PROPAGANDA.

If people don't wake the hell up this isn't going to end well for anyone

Okay, it was derpy. I've give it that. Not exactly what the point of it was though.

Too bad that woman is in CA, there are plenty of jobs here in MI.
My daughter, whom is clueless, and has no skillset found two different jobs since the pandemic hit, one paying $12 an hour, the last one making $14 an hour.
That being said, I think it's mostly non skilled or low skilled job openings out there. That and the trades, not everyone has a trade skill though.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What a great work of fiction.
Which part? Is Michelle not real? Is her daughter not real? Did she not lose her job? Were they not on the phone? Was he lying about any of those policies.
Ok maybe the hair and makeup was not everyday but if I was going to be on camera I’d get a blowout and put on some lipstick too.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:23 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Call me Joe. I dare you...........

Old 02-11-2021, 10:25 AM

Frankly, Trump could have done with better hair and makeup. I have no problem with people trying to look their best - no matter their age or political affiliation.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:25 AM

9,137 posts, read 6,191,523 times
I suppose that the quality of the WH blurbs are improving with advice from Hollywood. I think the dialog coach still has some work to do though.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:27 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I suppose that the quality of the WH blurbs are improving with advice from Hollywood. I think the dialog coach still has some work to do though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
You really believe this is a valid video, watch the Presidents mouth movements they don't match the words being said...
Looking forward to the AI Deep Fake pre-recorded Biden speeches while he's actually lying in a coma at Walter Reed

Old 02-11-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Agree. So many production tv and film folk out of work with covid that I hope the White House picks up some of the unemployed talent and pay them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies