Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 02:52 PM

17,536 posts, read 13,324,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Instead of stoking the flames for months and months, instead of calling his base to DC for the insurrection, instead of pouring fuel on the flaming crowd, if Trump had the courage to confront his base and had the moral fiber to stand for what is right, he would not be on trial right now.

Obama at least had the courage to stand up to his base, and to stand for what is right. Remember this time?
https://youtu.be/6WGCEKmeVYQ

Trump told his friends, the proud boys, to stand by. They did, and when Trump called them back up, they were ready.

How is ANYONE saying that Trump did not encourage what happened, and how is ANYONE saying he couldn't do more?

Pardon me. obuma courage, I'm gonna vomit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 03:01 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
That was kinda my point (that you are wrong if you are trying to blame this on Obama), if you watch the linked video in the OP, it shows him calling out the audience. It took him almost two minutes to get them calmed down from a Trump Protester interferring with the rally. He stood his ground and told them to show respect, and hear out the other side.

Trump, on the other hand told his crowds to punch them in the face, to get 'em outta here, that he'd pay the legal fees.

My point was that if Trump had the courage to tell his crowd that he invited to the capitol on 1/6 to calm down BEFORE the event was over, if he'd had the courage to admit that he was soundly defeated and admit he'd been lying to them all along, then maybe all of this wouldn't have happened. And if it STILL did, then (and only then) could he say he was not complicit.

This thread is not about Obama. I just used the Obama clip to show what Trump 'could have' done. Because many of his base are still saying that he had no responsibility, even though they know he invited the crowd, and then riled them up.

And what's worse, he did the same thing in Michigan a few months earlier. I had forgotten about how similar that was. When they tried to kidnap and murder the Governor, he didn't call them out, or shut them down, he said he loved Michigan and blamed the Governor, implying she deserved to be executed by his mob. The same mob that stormed the capitol of MI weeks earlier when he commanded them to Liberate.

I should have known, the Trump crowd isn't going to admit anything. My bad for posting truth.
What "truth"?

Besides, where were you when Maxine Waters told liberals to do this? :

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wat...hics-complaint

Trump said nothing like that on January 6th.

You also darn well know that those who did cause damage that day had been planning to do so weeks in advance. Plus, there is film footage of Trump supporters telling a person to stop trying to break windows. There is also one of a man imploring the police to do something about those committing vandalism.

If the Capitol Police were worried about people storming the Capitol, then why didn't they fortify the entrance? Instead, they just stood aside and allowed people to enter.

Old 02-11-2021, 03:04 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Trumpsky can never be that person because of his mental health issues; he's hardwired to fulfill his personality disorder. That isn't going to just fix itself, and we shouldn't expect it to.
And you are a doctor who met Trump in person and diagnosed him?

Old 02-11-2021, 03:04 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,116 times
Quote:
That was kinda my point (that you are wrong if you are trying to blame this on Obama), if you watch the linked video in the OP, it shows him calling out the audience. It took him almost two minutes to get them calmed down from a Trump Protester interferring with the rally. He stood his ground and told them to show respect, and hear out the other side.

Trump, on the other hand told his crowds to punch them in the face, to get 'em outta here, that he'd pay the legal fees.

My point was that if Trump had the courage to tell his crowd that he invited to the capitol on 1/6 to calm down BEFORE the event was over, if he'd had the courage to admit that he was soundly defeated and admit he'd been lying to them all along, then maybe all of this wouldn't have happened. And if it STILL did, then (and only then) could he say he was not complicit.

This thread is not about Obama. I just used the Obama clip to show what Trump 'could have' done. Because many of his base are still saying that he had no responsibility, even though they know he invited the crowd, and then riled them up.

And what's worse, he did the same thing in Michigan a few months earlier. I had forgotten about how similar that was. When they tried to kidnap and murder the Governor, he didn't call them out, or shut them down, he said he loved Michigan and blamed the Governor, implying she deserved to be executed by his mob. The same mob that stormed the capitol of MI weeks earlier when he commanded them to Liberate.

I should have known, the Trump crowd isn't going to admit anything. My bad for posting truth.
What does the word "peaceful" in Trump's speech mean to you?

Old 02-11-2021, 03:07 PM

24,458 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
If Trump had the Media Obama had, Trump would have filled his entire agenda, been labelled the best president in history, been praised for ending the Obama Depression, and be serving his second term because they would have been exposing the massive voter fraud rather than covering it up.

Imagine if the media covered Trump the way they did Obama where everything was wonderful and imagine if the democrats met Trump halfway with his policies and campaign pledges how amazing America could be right now but no the Dems are just too angry, too bitter to ever play nice especially with an outsider.

If Ted Cruz had won the election over Trump they would have attacked him just as much as they did Trump. They beat up on Bush 2 pretty good if memory serves until he came out against Trump then they were as thick as thieves.

Obama reignited the race wars in this country and the Dems just spent the last 4 years fanning the flames because they thought they could blame it on Trump but smart people know the real score.

Obama only had "courage" because he knew the media would never call him on anything.

Old 02-11-2021, 03:16 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Trump: If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.
I think it was Obama who said that.

Old 02-11-2021, 03:22 PM

19,826 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Trump: If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Just like a weak coward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I think it was Obama who said that.

Yes, but it did expose hypocrisy.

Old 02-11-2021, 03:56 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Instead of stoking the flames for months and months, instead of calling his base to DC for the insurrection, instead of pouring fuel on the flaming crowd, if Trump had the courage to confront his base and had the moral fiber to stand for what is right, he would not be on trial right now.

Obama at least had the courage to stand up to his base, and to stand for what is right. Remember this time?
https://youtu.be/6WGCEKmeVYQ

Trump told his friends, the proud boys, to stand by. They did, and when Trump called them back up, they were ready.

How is ANYONE saying that Trump did not encourage what happened, and how is ANYONE saying he couldn't do more?

Obama didn't have courage, we was protected by the deep state and a slobbering, sycophantic media.

Old 02-11-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
How about you provide specific factual links & examples for that rambling mess. Show your work.
I'll never forget the Dallas memorial service for the five police officers murdered by a black nationalist. Obama used it to upbraid police and make it about himself. He was and is a sh*tstain.

Old 02-11-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
How
How did Obama get 5 police killed
His anti-police rhetoric. Oh, is the standard different when a 'crat does it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies