Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 07:25 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Maybe the problem is that you were in Detroit. Detroit has been suffering a major brain drain within its Black population. Some of the educated, and the professionals have been leaving for other places. Ask yourself why. Why are Asians willing to given Detroit a try, but many members of the Black educated/professional class are leaving?

I've met many Blacks from Michigan (especially from the Detroit area) living in the Atlanta area. I've met plenty of Black professionals living in the Atlanta area from other parts of the USA. Basing your whole view on Blacks based on Detroit isn't the smartest idea in the world.
I think it's a generation thing as well with Detroit. The older generations don't seem to be suffering the brain drain that the younger ones are. My friend, is in his late 40's and he's the head of IT in one of the hospitals there, his mother is working on her Doctorate. The two black engineers I've worked for in the last few years were late 30's and up.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:25 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Also Charles Murray, intragroup differences in cognitive ability are larger than inter group differences, if that has to be broken down for you to understand, you just proved the point. Normalizing violence stats against socioeconomics you will see that they fall in line among racial groups. One of the data points that came out of the opioid epidemic was that when yo put poor white people in drug infested neighborhoods turns out they behave like black people in drug infested neighborhoods, who would have thunk it.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:30 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism racism

ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THIS BS!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-12-2021, 07:52 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I think it's a generation thing as well with Detroit. The older generations don't seem to be suffering the brain drain that the younger ones are. My friend, is in his late 40's and he's the head of IT in one of the hospitals there, his mother is working on her Doctorate. The two black engineers I've worked for in the last few years were late 30's and up.
To an extent that is the case. At the same time, Many Black Michigan natives I met were often in their mid 30s and older (and this was in the mid 2010s). I met people who were young. At the same time, people in their mid-late 30s and older were well represented too.

I bring this up because few people seem to ask themselves about the dynamics of certain places. Why are places like Atlanta and Dallas gaining a large Black professional class, but Detroit and Milwaukee (where Blacks used to move to) are losing it? It's important to look at things on a micro-level.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:58 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
27 years ago, the Indian immigrant population was very low in the U.S. (Asian was just East Asian). I wonder if there are any updates in the book discussing South Asian success despite dark skin color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
South asians, Africans, Chinese Pakistanis, Koreans all tend to be educated, own businesses and tend to be educated as well as make far more money than your average white American.
Immigrants are not representative of the general population. The only poor/uneducated immigrants are the ones who can walk here. Which is why most of the poor Africans and Asians go to Europe.

The Indians in the United States are generally people who came here on H1B visas or student visas. If you have an immigrant population of pretty much only people with STEM degrees, it will have a much higher average IQ and income.

Of the Africans groups who came here as refugees, such as the Somalis, they are significantly below even African-Americans. About 65% of Somali-American children live in poverty.

If Africans and Asians could just join a caravan and walk here, we would be overwhelmed by some of the poorest and most uneducated among them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
You have hit the nail on the head. I agree with Murphy on some things but strongly disagree with him on others. One such disagreement is that Blacks are less smart than other races.
Do you believe every population group has exactly the same average IQ? Do you believe every home has exactly the same average IQ? Do you believe in evolution?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 02-12-2021 at 08:36 AM..

Old 02-12-2021, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Here’s the real truth:
The government keeps it alive, stoking the flames.
It’s a control tactic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEAOU View Post
There is systemic racism in this country and its against Whites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
When will most Americans accept that human equality is a myth?

Most of humanity have known this for thousands of years.
Why do you guys hate democracy?

Old 02-12-2021, 08:05 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Why do you guys hate democracy?
What does the reality of innate human differences have to do with hating democracy?

Old 02-12-2021, 08:07 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
You have hit the nail on the head. I agree with Murphy on some things but strongly disagree with him on others. One such disagreement is that Blacks are less smart than other races - it's just that inner city blacks do not value education as much. Go to any inner city school and see the craziness. Talk to teachers, they will tell you horror stories. If inner city black Americans want to improve their standing, they have to place more value on school. It is really that simple.

A simple formula that works for 99.9% of people regardless of race. Stay in school, stay away from drugs, chose your friends wisely, be willing to put in the work for things you enjoy and sometimes for those things you don't enjoy so much = success
But you can do all of these things and still be discriminated against or targeted.

That’s the part of the discussion you’re not willing to hear. And the other part is not true because there are high performing inner city majority black schools.

So according to you I guess poor whites value education. Great.

Old 02-12-2021, 08:10 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Also Charles Murray, intragroup differences in cognitive ability are larger than inter group differences
Yes. (as if Murray needs to be told this )
Quote:
Normalizing violence stats against socioeconomics you will see that they fall in line among racial groups.
No...
Quote:
One of the data points that came out of the opioid epidemic was that when yo put poor white people in drug infested neighborhoods turns out they behave like black people in drug infested neighborhoods
...and no.

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; 02-12-2021 at 08:33 AM..

Old 02-12-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What does the reality of innate human differences have to do with hating democracy?
Democracy presupposes and demands equality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies