Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 07:54 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times

Advertisements

i greatly admired the woman and thought she’d be a formidable presidential candidate, but now she’s just another lincoln project loser.

her comments were her political obituary. maybe msnbc will hire her as a 'commentator'. they love turncoats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 08:05 AM

2,774 posts, read 901,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
Probably her strongest words against Trump to date. She's disgusted by Trump's treatment of Pence. Says "we" shouldn't have followed Trump. He "let us down".

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...e-followed-him

Trying to save her political future, but it's good to see her speak up. Wish Pence would say something.
It was good to see her be honest about being just another RINO. She has lots of company, McCain, Flake, Powell, Romney, etc.. She may have an R by her name but she isn't a conservative.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:38 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
There are two types of republicans. Some are distancing themselves from the Neo Fascist Trump Party because they know where that party is headed. Then we have the dumbasses who will continue to ride Trump's defeat all the way to the grave.

If Trump is still alive for the 2024 election, runs, and loses, as he will. We can count on his lunatic followers to attack with weapons. It's already in the redneck pipeline. Their claim, "D.C., will run red with the blood of democrats."

The next four years may be a good time for all Constitution loving Americans, regardless of party, to arm and train themselves for the upcoming Trump coup. We can never let Jan 6th happen again.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:47 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelinnen View Post
Romney in a dress
I don't think she hates 47% of the population like Romney, Hillary, Creepy Joe and the like.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:51 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The interview was done before the Republicans decided to back terrorism and treason as part of its platform. ..
Lol

Old 02-13-2021, 09:11 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
If a Republican wants to run for higher office, they'll need to separate themselves from DJT in some manner. Otherwise they look like they're under Trumpski's influence and lose the independent vote.
The Democrats are helping the Republicans in that regard.
In their zeal to destroy Trump - and they will succeed - they will have destroyed the only Republican candidate they could beat.
Not long term thinkers, those Democrats. Republicans destroyed Hillary while she was still a threat. The Democrats nominated her anyway and by so doing managed to lose to Trump.

Haley will probably run. She will probably win the nomination. I will vote for her.
Trump won't matter.

Old 02-13-2021, 09:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post

Haley is nothing more than just another sleazy polecat politician. She was on that Trump train as long as it was beneficial to her. If she has presidential aspirations, she knows that the Independents jumped off of that Trump train a long time ago, and you can not win an election without us.

I would never vote for her. That Trump stench will never wash off.

She's now alienated the small Trump base that is not enough to get her elected, and I'm sure a whole lot of Independents will say oh hell no.

She stood silent while Trump raged lawless and those feckless senators fell in lock step. Now that Trump is washed up she wants to finally speak truth to power? How convenient.

She's like that fair weather friend that only wants you around when times are good. I have zero respect for her.

You're a day late and several dollars short Nikki. Good luck with the donors.
This.

Old 02-13-2021, 09:36 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Trump supporters never praised Haley. Where were you the last five years or so?
Reread my post #24 in this thread. Haley came in third in the poll at the end of last month, and led the poll for a while.

Old 02-13-2021, 10:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The Democrats are helping the Republicans in that regard.
In their zeal to destroy Trump - and they will succeed - they will have destroyed the only Republican candidate they could beat.
Not long term thinkers, those Democrats. Republicans destroyed Hillary while she was still a threat. The Democrats nominated her anyway and by so doing managed to lose to Trump.

Haley will probably run. She will probably win the nomination. I will vote for her.
Trump won't matter.
I hope Trump won't matter.

Not sure everyone thinks that.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:28 AM

1,837 posts, read 675,589 times
Just watched Fox News Chris Wallace this morning, and Chris interviewed Senator Lindsay Graham. Lindsay remains a true loyalist to Trump, believes the party needs Trump to win, and personally plans on golfing with him - so will keeping close enough relations with Trump going forward.

Anyways, he disagrees with Nikki to put it lightly. If Nikki has 2024 in her ambitions, I'm not sure how she would get through the important SC primary that comes before Super Tuesday. a. She was the governor from there which should help her, but b. Trump/Lindsay will do everything to make it impossible for her to succeed there.

Although 2024 is long away, I don't see how she can overcome not having the Trump support.

Plus if Governor Larry Hogan or some more moderate Republican also ran in 2024, I think the never Trumper faction would prefer him over Nikki Haley, so I don't think she can count on winning that faction unless all her competitors are more pro Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies