Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 11:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
"So are you as equally concerned about contraband seized at the northern border but yet somehow Canadian snowbirds can travel to Florida, take vaccinations mean for American residents, etc....

nope --"
Moneill.

On this one, as a Canadian snowbird, we are in complete agreement! This is another example of putting economic considerations before life sustaining measures.

We stayed home this winter thinking that was the responsible thing to do regardless of being fully insured for travel out of the country as a feature of our company's pension plan in retirement. It's not just vaccine availability but the short sightedness of adding to any hospital overload should this thing run amok in our winter retreat.

Now I've just listened to our news up here reporting that some snowbirds are suggesting they should be exempt from Canada's travel restrictions placed upon them when they return because they're not "vacationers".

I immediately phoned the Canadian Snowbirds Org, of which I'm a member, to register my dismay if indeed they were the party being quoted. They assured me they were NOT nor were they taking the stance of defining travel as "snowbirding" and "vacationing" being two disparate entities.

Entitled **h***es come in all flavours. Yes, maybe even maple syrup!
Yup -- my family & friends all stayed home.

And snowbirds should definitely be under house arrest when they return -- vaccinated or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 11:43 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
HOW could covid carriers come from a tropical climate? Didn't the stable genius tellus the virus disappears in warm weather?
You must be thinking of Macho Picchu as a tropical location at the 7,970 foot elevation !!!

To think everyone south of the US border lives in a tropical climate is racist and naïve !!!

Old 02-12-2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We need a War on Bologna.
We are experiencing it now !!! The Great Bologna War was started by the China Joe admin. !!!

Old 02-12-2021, 12:09 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So are you as equally concerned about contraband seized at the northern border but yet somehow Canadian snowbirds can travel to Florida, take vaccinations meant for American residents, etc....

nope --
What’s being seized at the northern border? Pea meal bacon?

Old 02-12-2021, 02:57 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
"So are you as equally concerned about contraband seized at the northern border but yet somehow Canadian snowbirds can travel to Florida, take vaccinations mean for American residents, etc....

nope --"
Moneill.

On this one, as a Canadian snowbird, we are in complete agreement! This is another example of putting economic considerations before life sustaining measures.

We stayed home this winter thinking that was the responsible thing to do regardless of being fully insured for travel out of the country as a feature of our company's pension plan in retirement. It's not just vaccine availability but the short sightedness of adding to any hospital overload should this thing run amok in our winter retreat.

Now I've just listened to our news up here reporting that some snowbirds are suggesting they should be exempt from Canada's travel restrictions placed upon them when they return because they're not "vacationers".

I immediately phoned the Canadian Snowbirds Org, of which I'm a member, to register my dismay if indeed they were the party being quoted. They assured me they were NOT nor were they taking the stance of defining travel as "snowbirding" and "vacationing" being two disparate entities.

Entitled **h***es come in all flavours. Yes, maybe even maple syrup!
Entitled bunch aren't they?

Does anyone have any verified numbers of how many Canadians Snowbirds went south this year? I know news stories can make a situation seem larger than it is.

Like you and Monelli, don't know any that have travelled. Same with friends, as when these stories broke out it was a hot topic of conversation.

My gut feeling is that the number is rather low, but perhaps when they come back the actual numbers will be more apparent.

Old 02-12-2021, 04:20 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Maybe this will finally address bologna insecurity in our inner cities caused by systemic racism
It's also cultural appropriation. Clearly only Italians should be able to have it and everyone else? Racists!

Old 02-12-2021, 04:56 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Entitled bunch aren't they?

Does anyone have any verified numbers of how many Canadians Snowbirds went south this year? I know news stories can make a situation seem larger than it is.

Like you and Monelli, don't know any that have travelled. Same with friends, as when these stories broke out it was a hot topic of conversation.

My gut feeling is that the number is rather low, but perhaps when they come back the actual numbers will be more apparent.
I'm aware of only one couple of our large personal demographic that opted to throw common sense and good judgement to the winds and venture south. Be that as it may, some suggesting they be given special dispensation upon their return is just mind boggling in it's arrogance and ignoring the seriousness of this pandemic.

The issue being to try and prevent the spread of this to others. Surprisingly they think their ability to travel south for the winter, while ignoring the damage they might do down there to the health services that are tasked with providing care, they ratchet up the arrogance factor by demanding to be allowed to forego, upon their return, the restrictions placed upon everyone else arriving in Canada from wherever.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:21 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Response: Opinion

My Bologna has a first name it's O...S..C...A...R......................

Old 02-13-2021, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Response: Opinion

My Bologna has a first name it's O...S..C...A...R......................
I can see that !!!

Its also the name of the award democrat politicians seek with their fake outrage !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies