Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2021, 10:33 AM

62,880 posts, read 29,114,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Yeah, that right there. Family reunification. What is this, 1945?

It's high time the US wakes up to the realities of globally shifting labor changes and adapts its legal immigration policies accordingly.

While the bulk of US legal immigration is STILL based on family reunification, other advanced, immigrant countries have changed theirs to reflect the needs of a 21st century workforce. Immigrants must have skills. They must speak the language or demonstrate the drive to learn the language. Family reunification is MUCH more difficult to obtain and, therefore, is FAR less common.
We should adopt those immigration policies. They makes sense. Immigration should be based on our needs not the needs of foreigners and their families.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
To answer you last question first. I help Americans, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants. The programs I provide require the client to put in a lot of work and energy. I am there to assist and advise, them not do it for them. The program is set up for working poor. They must have some income. Well, except for the high school students. They are given a lot more leeway.
The only requirement is that you show up for appointments and do the hard work. Many many can't do that for a variety of reasons including mental health reasons.

There are federal programs specifically designed for illegal immigrants.

From my personal conversations the reason that they feel that they can jump the queue is because they think they have no other choice and they want to provide a better future for their children. They feel there is no legal process available to them from their own country. I don't believe they are thinking about anyone else but their own family's situation. A large percentage regret making the migration. Especially the parents who's children or other family members end up dead.
There should be no federal or state programs for those who violated our immigration laws, period! Not true that they don't have any other choice but to violate our immigration laws and take from Americans. It's a selfish motive! They can move within their own countries where there are better opportunities and less crime. They can stay in school and get an education or apply to migrate legally to other countries that will accept them.

True, there is no legal process for poor, unskilled and uneducated immigrants and there shouldn't be! You're right they don't give a damn about anyone else's families but their own so they come here illegally instead and there is no justification for it. Here's a novel idea, why have kids you can't afford to feed in the first place?

Old 02-14-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Schools shouldn't be healthcare centers they are there to educate. They shouldn't be three meal restaurants unpaid for by the parents either. Yeah, I'm sure it works real well for illegal aliens and their broods no questions asked but not so much for the taxpayer though.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:51 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,249,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Schools shouldn't be healthcare centers they are there to educate. They shouldn't be three meal restaurants unpaid for by the parents either. Yeah, I'm sure it works real well for illegal aliens and their broods no questions asked but not so much for the taxpayer though.
But they do exist despite the fact that you were sure I was not being accurate.
I really do know what I am posting about. I don’t post lies or crazy conspiracy theories. Just because you don’t like, or think it’s disgusting, or that I’m disgusting, you can take what I post as the absolute truth.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Well this whole thread is about legal immigrant asylum seekers coming across the border. They are legally coming across the border. The poster has a problem with this legitimate program comprised of asylum seekers who have waited at the border for months.

I understand the difference between legal and illegal. But these guys don't like the DACA kids (all legal) hate the asylum seekers (all legal), anchor babies (all legal).
Most families, in my experience, have a combo of illegal and illegal status. Cousins, wives, children, parents.
It is more complicated than just legal and illegal.
I don't have a problem with legitimate asylum seekers in measured numbers. What I have a problem with are bogus asylum seekers that are released into our society with a hearing date that they never show up for.

We still cannot be the saviors to the whole world's needy or endangered foreigners. It can't be sustained. Sooner or later they need to take a stand in their own countries and fix things and that includes illegal aliens who are fleeing here also. I'd rather see our government help them in their own countries rather than importing them into ours. We already do that somewhat but the money never seems to fall in the right hands and that also needs to be fixed.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
But they do exist despite the fact that you were sure I was not being accurate.
I really do know what I am posting about. I don’t post lies or crazy conspiracy theories. Just because you don’t like, or think it’s disgusting, or that I’m disgusting, you can take what I post as the absolute truth.
I never questioned your honesty I just said I never heard of it and I hadn't till now. I still object to our schools being healthcare centers and restaurants for the poor especially if they are illegal aliens. If this country wasn't so PC they would require our schools to determine the legal status of the children being enrolled in them and this would put and end to a lot of the problems while removing another incentive for illegals to come here.

Calif. passed a bill long ago doing just that but some PC judge overruled the desires of their own citizens.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
There should be no federal or state programs for those who violated our immigration laws, period! Not true that they don't have any other choice but to violate our immigration laws and take from Americans. It's a selfish motive! They can move within their own countries where there are better opportunities and less crime. They can stay in school and get an education or apply to migrate legally to other countries that will accept them.

True, there is no legal process for poor, unskilled and uneducated immigrants and there shouldn't be! You're right they don't give a damn about anyone else's families but their own so they come here illegally instead and there is no justification for it. Here's a novel idea, why have kids you can't afford to feed in the first place?
I agree they are being selfish. Most people are selfish unless they can afford otherwise.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I agree they are being selfish. Most people are selfish unless they can afford otherwise.
I wouldn't be selfish enough to violate another country's borders and take from their own citizens and I seriously doubt that most people would.

If you agree that they are being selfish then why are you aiding and abetting them?

Old 02-14-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't be selfish enough to violate another country's borders and take from their own citizens and I seriously doubt that most people would.
In my vast experience, I disagree with your assessment of human nature.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:

If you agree that they are being selfish then why are you aiding and abetting them?
I would help you if you needed it and I think you display selfish attitudes at times. We are imperfect humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies