Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 01:27 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintberryCrunch View Post
I like how conservatives are now concerned about the pandemic all of a sudden...
Convenient.
No, we're just showing the hypocricy of the left that were all paranoid about the virus but are happy to see thousands of foreigners enter our country at this time.

Old 02-12-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Link?
Actually it's 72% but still a large majority that don't qualify.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/19/m...ims-are-bogus/

Old 02-12-2021, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
This is 100% false. They have already been vetted as a first cut. Do you think posting a percentage like 95% will make you seem smarter? Love to know which stupid publication gave you that stat.
it's 72% and I posted a link to it. Vetted? lol, do you actually think they are going to tell the truth? Most are economic migrants not being persecuted in their own countries. They are bogus claims.

Old 02-12-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
In my state of nj the cities with many undocumented include Paterson, Passaic, parts of jersey city, palisades park... it really depends on which immigrant group you are talking about. Central and South America, middle eastern, Asian, They all have their enclaves. Most easy to identify when the commercial signs are in another language. Housing prices vary- not all are poor, many stay with legal family members and work in family businesses
. Right now the largest undocumented population is from Mexico/central America and India.
How did these people just happen to have family members here? What are the odds of that unless they are here illegally? No such thing as an undocumented either they are illegal aliens. You're right about Mexicans and Central Americans being the largest groups here illegally though. Never heard that about India but have heard about many Asians being here illegally most who have over stayed their visas.

Old 02-12-2021, 01:43 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Modern life is predicated on (1) an ever-growing population, and (2) a balanced demographics, where the ratio of kids to young-adults to older-adults never gets too lopsided. Verve too far from either of those criteria, and things break. Things seriously break!
Then I hope you've had some kids. I've done my part in raising a few hard working, law abiding young adults. You?

Old 02-12-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...when those "young people" age, what then? Do we bring in even more "young people" to pay into SS? Where does it end for you? How many people will be too many? 1 billion? 2 billion? Do you think we have unlimited potable water and buildable land?
I know, these people can't think beyond their noses. What she is vying for is a ponzi scheme. How about we encourage our own citizens to have larger families instead by making it more affordable to do so "if" and when we need more people? We import more baby makers while we abort our own?

Old 02-12-2021, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintberryCrunch View Post
Mexico is pretty hostile towards other people in latin America. Especially with cartels.

See, you're right in there is an illegal alien/migrant issue.

But you're attacking the sympton instead of the actual cause.
Then why were they offered jobs and asylum there? I couldn't care what their cause is. I oppose illegal immigration and bogus asylum seekers equally. We can't be the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world's problems.

Old 02-12-2021, 01:48 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I do. We need more young-people, who are going to work, who are going to have children, and whose children are going to pay for my Social Security. With the population-losses from the 'rona, and the likely decline in birth-rate owing to 'rona sequestering and general malaise, we need an influx of immigrants... nad we need them right now.

Exactly. These aren't law-breakers who are going be a drag on "the system". They're the next generation of American citizens.
Absolutely.

We also need an educated population who speaks the language or is at least willing to learn the language, and who values education/lifelong learning.

I'm a "liberal," by the way, not a Trump supporter. I'm also a legal immigrant astounded by who gets let in to the US.

Old 02-12-2021, 01:54 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually it's 72% but still a large majority that don't qualify.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/19/m...ims-are-bogus/
That statistic is worthless for this group because that number is people at the beginning of the asylum process.

The folks coming in now have already gone through several iterations of vetting and already made it thus far through the system. Those being allowed in now are those with the oldest asylum applications, per the news article.

They have already had some hearings and some investigations already occurred and they still qualify. Many others have already been disqualified by this point and aren't coming in because they already got disqualified. Those coming in now will have a much higher rate of qualification because they are already 3/4 through the qualification process and have still met the criteria.

We aren't dealing with brand new asylum seekers here, like that stat is for.

Last edited by Variable; 02-12-2021 at 02:23 PM..

Old 02-12-2021, 01:59 PM

828 posts, read 415,209 times
As bad as Liberals had been fighting Trump and wanting this to happen. Seems like they they should have a parade or something welcoming them to liberal sanctuary cities.

They could just kick some of the homeless out of shelters to make room for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies