Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2021, 03:20 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks93 View Post
Asylum seekers. You guys just can't hide the racism anymore can ya?
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I vote for an intentional misleading through hyperbolic thread headings.
I do personally believe there is a sprinkling of lack of research, racism and generally poor formal education and maybe low intelligence levels. The last point I can't be sure of.
I vote that maybe both of you are racist, since you rush to assume the worst of others -- which is exactly what you're complaining other posters are doing regarding the asylum seekers.

I've always found that those most quick to pull out the "racist!" card are often pretty bigoted themselves.

Signed, a liberal immigrant.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:23 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I vote that maybe both of you are racist, since you rush to assume the worst of others -- which is exactly what you're complaining other posters are doing regarding the asylum seekers.

I've always found that those most quick to pull out the "racist!" card are often pretty bigoted themselves.

Yes maybe I'm the biggest bigot on this thread.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:26 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
There is an awful lot of unjust and oppressive situations in the world.
Except the only viable reason to claim asylum in our country is persecution due to their religious, political or sexual beliefs. Being poor and needing a job for economic reasons or even living near the drug cartels are not valid reasons. Move somewhere within your own country to make your life better then. Also, you are not supposed to pick and choose where you want to claim asylum you accept it from the first country you enter that offers it.

Even those coming here as refugees have to be a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster. There are no wars or natural disasters going on south of our border.

Why are we suppose to be the doormat to the world's oppressed? We have enough problems of our own.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:31 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Yes maybe I'm the biggest bigot on this thread.
Maybe.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:36 PM

507 posts, read 187,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The whole thing is crazy. On one hand, Biden is so concerned by the risk of COVID that he’s talking about restricting law-abiding people going to Florida; and on the other hand, he’s giving the go-ahead to bring in the swarm of people in Mexico, many of whom have COVID.

The liberals here talk a good game, as long as it doesn’t impact them. Just like my leftist neighbors, who defend illegal aliens as “decent people who just want a chance” while objecting to the house on the other side being rented out because “renters are a lower caliber.”
This is a lie.
a "swarm" of people are not coming in.
Try reading the article.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:40 PM

507 posts, read 187,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

OP called it a "central american invasion" and deliberately misled the forum on what was actually happening.

Also this is supposed to be the "land of opportunity" where we welcome those are trying to escape bad situations in hopes of a safe new start.

Yet conservatives in this thread despise this very American ideal.

I'm not sure how I am in anyway bigoted, I want these people to have a chance at a better life, y'all on the other hand are afraid of them and don't want them here.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:42 PM

17,629 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks93 View Post
OP called it a "central american invasion" and deliberately misled the forum on what was actually happening.

Also this is supposed to be the "land of opportunity" where we welcome those are trying to escape bad situations in hopes of a safe new start.

Yet conservatives in this thread despise this very American ideal.

I'm not sure how I am in anyway bigoted, I want these people to have a chance at a better life, y'all on the other hand are afraid of them and don't want them here.
You're bigoted primarily against American taxpayers and citizens.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:44 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
there will be some buses there to take them to LA. Not a bad way to go, hope the AC works on them.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:48 PM

9,460 posts, read 5,225,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
read THIS: they are not going to track these people. they use fake names. they are not tourists. they are here to stay.

canada doesnt let riff raff in by the 20 thousands. they also do background checks on everyone.

dont be a fool.
This is the truth.
If they are not going to issue them Notices to Appear, they are GONE, not that that helped anyway. NO ONE LOOKS FOR THEM. More people living in the shadows until they finagle an amnesty.
I'm actually happy I'll be dead (I hope) by the time the destruction of the US is complete.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:55 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
its insanity!!!

what i want to know is WHO actually wants MORE people here??? i dont care what they are. white black mexican. i dont want ANY MORE people, period! let alone welfare cases!

and biden was suppose to squash the virus!! not bring 20k more covid spreading vaccine needing people.

who is he trying to impress???? whats his motivation? who are the people who want this???

stupid weak old coot.
bolstering the Democrat voting base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies