Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2021, 03:02 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Global warming can often lead to extremely cold weather. There is no contradiction.
Really . Sorry, it started has claims the world is heating up, now cold weather is global warming. Funny how we only get the cold weather in winter and the hot weather in summer.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:04 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,625,652 times
BTW, I really wish people would stop condescending those who question science. And for the record, I have a degree in science, have taught science, and have worked as a scientist. I think I am qualified to speak on this.

Science is not dogma, it is the pursuit of knowledge through experimentation and testing. We gather numbers, organize and analyze them, and conclude the results, but science isn't perfect and neither are the scientists.

-Science- has gotten it wrong many times, and when egos (and grants, funding, pressures of academia, etc.) get involved, one of the hardest things for scientists to admit is that they are sometimes driving in the rear view mirror. There's no reason for people to blatantly disregard cold hard facts, but at the same time, we can't ask people to blindly follow science and also expect people to think with the same critical skepticism that is, at its very core, the spirit of science itself.

Off my soapbox now.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:08 PM

8,136 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No one has said human activity is a "huge" part of climate change. No reputable scientist would be that stupid.
I'm sorry, what's your degree in again?

https://www.aps.org/policy/statements/15_3.cfm

Old 02-13-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Really . Sorry, it started has claims the world is heating up, now cold weather is global warming. Funny how we only get the cold weather in winter and the hot weather in summer.
Read the articles.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:14 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
Some say it is
Of course- "warming" makes it cold!

It is the "doublespeak" insanity of liberalism and reveals the fact that liberals believe truth is relative. Now "warming" can make it warm, cold, or comfortable, depending on the situation.

The lunacy of the left has progressed to such insanity that 2 + 2 does not necessarily equal 4, but there may be several "right" answers to a simple addition problem.

Anyone with an ounce of grey matter or a couple neurons glued together by a spirochete should recognize the danger of such insanity. The liberal "hivemind" prevents independent, objective thought that refutes the political party line, and is thus a threat.

One side of America now values freedom, while another values submission to a central authority and surrender of individual liberties. One group values intellectual serfdom, while the other values independent thought. Liberals have been beguiled by the false prophets of liberalism, who convince their followers that they are "intellectually superior", while immediately demanding vacating rational, critical thinking.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:17 PM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, what's your degree in again?
Science, which is why/how I learned to question everything. Throughout history, the science of the time has been proven wrong. Famous examples: The Sun does not revolve around the Earth, and the Earth is not flat, as some scientists originally insisted.

1,000+ Peer-Reviewed Papers Supporting Skeptic Arguments Against ACC/AGW Alarmism

Indexed by topic.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:27 PM

18,439 posts, read 8,272,093 times
it's so dangerous the UN/IPCC made special rules to let China increase it's CO2 emissions.....LOL

..the USA has not been responsible for any increase in CO2...or any global warming...for the past 50 years

The USA's CO2 emissions are almost exactly the same as it was 50 years ago

...all of the increase in CO2/global warming in the past 50 year.... has come from China...with the UN/IPCC's blessings

for the past 50 years.....this has been nothing but a scam to move money to China...and so far, it's working

who did it > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ederations.png

and "we" (USA) have to do something about it......and they (China) don't.......what a scam LOL

Last edited by Corrie22; 02-13-2021 at 03:46 PM..

Old 02-13-2021, 03:38 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countysquare View Post
Then summarize that little blurb with a few more descriptors of how adding heat removes it.
Tomorrow dont wear a shirt. Trun on your truck and stand with your rear facing the trucks rear. Tell is how you feel.

Old 02-13-2021, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Science, which is why/how I learned to question everything. Throughout history, the science of the time has been proven wrong. Famous examples: The Sun does not revolve around the Earth, and the Earth is not flat, as some scientists originally insisted.

1,000+ Peer-Reviewed Papers Supporting Skeptic Arguments Against ACC/AGW Alarmism

Indexed by topic.
Well, in that case, you might want to start with your source. Lol.

Old 02-13-2021, 04:29 PM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Well, in that case, you might want to start with your source. Lol.
Start with the link to the 1,000+ peer reviewed research articles I posted? But of course! Perhaps you should read them all, too.

Indexed by topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies