Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2021, 11:17 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times

Advertisements

I guess he was making a point that the impeachment process should've never been held, but outside of it, all is fair game and Trump has to deal with those impending legal suits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 11:36 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I McConnell (and the Republican establishment) wanted to throw Trump under the bus, they would have voted guilty, and pushed the rest of the Republican senators to do so also, getting enough to allow a conviction. The result of that would have likely prevented Trump from ever running for president again.

They didn't do that.
#1 McConnell is not an adult. He was throwing a temper tantrum.
#2 Politically, he knows the riot looks bad for Republicans so he is trying to distance from that.
#3 He mistakenly believes that Republicans care more about bad behavior than bad policies. There are certainly many not happy about Trump's behavior, but there are a lot more important issues.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:39 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Exactly,Trump is done.I voted for him twice and think policywise he was fine but his handling of things post election were beyond stupid and he screwed himself out of another run.

Both impeachments were just as stupid,just like the Bill Clinton impeachment was stupid.It is beyond stupid to impeach when you 'should know' that you have zero chance of getting a conviction and in this case Trump is already out of office anyway.Democrats just kept him in in the limelight that much longer.I'm surprised they didn't insist on calling witnesses which would have led to a back and forth that would have prolonged things for another month and stopped any other business from being done in the senate. ....and they still wouldn't have got a conviction.

Trump said some dumb things that whipped some people up......so did Obama and quite a few other political leaders over the years.A couple hundred unarmed idiots can't stage a real 'insurrection' and had the Capitol Police used sufficient force they never would have got inside the capitol in any real numbers anyway.If they had shot the first ten people through the door the other the other 190 would have turned around and gone home.

I don't think Trump caused the idiots to storm the capitol....which is what the dems charged him with.Once it happened he didn't try to stop it either and that is unforgivable...but not impeachable.

Four years is an eternity in politics,four years from now nobody will care about any of this bs regardless of how anybody voted.People will only be worried about who gets in next and i'm sure it won't be Trump.

If I were a democrat i'd be praying that Trump ran again just so I could laugh at the turmoil on the republican side but I doubt Trump will run again and I further doubt that he will even remain active in politics.I guess we will see.
Well said.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:43 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree. Trump put all of us, except Democratic politicians, in a no-win situation. All Americans.

The best scenario for Republicans is the New York AG charging and convicting Trump with a felony - Lord knows the lady would love to do it and the process is already in the gate. Second best scenario for the GOP is DC City going after Trump, but honestly, despite what the House Managers tried to imply, he could not be convicted of insurrection in a criminal court either. Georgia going after him might happen but it would be problematic for a variety of reasons. However, if Kemp loses the Georgia governor’s seat to Abrams all bets are off, she’d be after him, guns blazing. Georgia, not Kentucky, is at far more risk of turning blue.

Things are insane, I do look forward to this all being in our collective rear view mirrors.
Those scenarios are full scale banana republic. It means no conservative, or even liberals who don't tow the line are at risk from government persecution.

If you don't understand that, you are as out of touch as your senator.

And those things will strengthen the Trump wing of the party, not weaken it.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:49 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Orange Don represented the first anti-communist president since FDR. THAT is why both parties and their insiders have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

He mucked up their plans to accelerate full implementation of the communist manifesto.
He weakened the power of the central government to meddle in the states.
He didn't support universal basic income - a blatant tax and bribe scam.
He didn't support a growing government - a violation of the secret rule of all government - grow or die. You have to grab every opportunity to expand, to tax more, to spend more, to hire more, to justify getting rich in politics. He messed that up, too. Look at COVID-19. He could have called Congress to an emergency session to enact SOMETHING that would allow him to do more / spend more... but he didn't.

Old 02-14-2021, 12:01 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,552,009 times
Mitch is a complete hypocrite for voting to acquit on the basis that Trump was no longer president (which most constitutionalists disagree with him on). Trump was impeached by the House while still in office and McConnell made it very clear that he would not quickly call the senate back to act if the articles came to the chamber before the inauguration. It was McConnell that effectively ran out the clock.

Old 02-14-2021, 12:06 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Mitch is a complete hypocrite for voting to acquit on the basis that Trump was no longer president (which most constitutionalists disagree with him on). Trump was impeached by the House while still in office and McConnell made it very clear that he would not quickly call the senate back to act if the articles came to the chamber before the inauguration. It was McConnell that effectively ran out the clock.
Look at previous impeachment processes. They took months in the House. You had serious, reasoned discussion.

This was a total clown show. It was Pelosi rushing the process.

People are just ignorant. This is the most serious thing Congress can do short of declaring war and it was treated like a joke.

Pelosi's impeachments are the biggest threat to this country since the Civil War.

Old 02-14-2021, 12:17 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Orange Don represented the first anti-communist president since FDR. THAT is why both parties and their insiders have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

He mucked up their plans to accelerate full implementation of the communist manifesto.
He weakened the power of the central government to meddle in the states.
He didn't support universal basic income - a blatant tax and bribe scam.
He didn't support a growing government - a violation of the secret rule of all government - grow or die. You have to grab every opportunity to expand, to tax more, to spend more, to hire more, to justify getting rich in politics. He messed that up, too. Look at COVID-19. He could have called Congress to an emergency session to enact SOMETHING that would allow him to do more / spend more... but he didn't.
Which presidents tried to force government ownership all major means of production e.g. factories in the US?

Old 02-14-2021, 12:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The ones that have distanced themselves from Trump are trying to save their own skin because the power that is the cancel culture Democrat mob gets more attention than the average Trump supporter that now sees many in the Republican party as the spineless flip floppers that they are.

They are trying to save their own cushy jobs.
I have no idea what any of this ^^^ is supposed to mean!

Old 02-14-2021, 12:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
He will face Trump wrath 2024.
Will trump be inciting another mob to beat him up do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies