Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 12:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, the reason they are trying to block access to conspiracy theories is that, recently, they have had a great record of being confirmed as true -- as in the Time article confirming that there was a conspiracy to rig the election to prevent Trump from winning.
If you say so.

Old 02-14-2021, 01:21 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What hate? Articles there are simply revealing what leftists are doing, and Youtube wants to hide it from voters. What’s wrong with reporting on how NYC public schools are honoring a domestic terrorist?
The source mentioned in the OP is well known for promotion of propaganda and pseudo science, and using non-factual reporting. If something was simply reporting facts, not opinions based in hate, there wouldn't be a concern here.

But again, the rest of my point stands. We're talking about a private business doing something with their company's platform. That's the free market at work.

Last edited by Lekrii; 02-14-2021 at 01:31 PM..

Old 02-14-2021, 01:31 PM

1,200 posts, read 620,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
The source mentioned in the OP is well known for promotion of propaganda and pseudo science, and using non-factual reporting. If something was simply reporting facts, not opinions based in hate, there wouldn't be a concern here.
There are other sites that are fact-based that say the same thing. I don't know if I'm allowed to post them here. All I can say is I'm scared not only for myself but for the country. Bad things are happening under the Biden administration. And if you don't believe me, just wait and see for yourself because there's no escaping it.

Old 02-14-2021, 01:35 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
How do we, as republicans, fight this? Why are we allowing it to happen? What recourse do we have? This is why I was hoping Trump would come out with his own news station and social media platform. I don't know about y'all but I don't think we need to put up with this crap. Just sitting around and accepting it isn't going to stop it. We need to nip it in the bud and stop allowing it to continue. How do we fight back?

The thread started here about the gun store that wouldn't allow dems to buy any ammo from him was a great start. I like that he is fighting back. How do we cancel dems? They aren't stopping and we should do the same to them and not allow them to own us like they want.

I wish those here that aren't dems would delete their Facebook and Twitter accounts. That would be a start.

Old 02-14-2021, 01:45 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintberryCrunch View Post
I think it's because we can easily just ignore the flat-earthers and moon-landing deniers as they're mostly just hilarious and weird.

Conspiracies about covid, cause people to be either reckless thinking the pandemic is a hoax, or coerce them into drinking bleach or something to cure Covid.

THen there are election conspiracies and companies do not wanna be responsible for another Jan 6.
We've got kids eating Tide Pods and people putting Gorilla Glue in their hair. There's no fixing stupid, no matter what Twitter accounts or YouTube channels you ban.

Old 02-14-2021, 01:47 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
How do we, as republicans, fight this? Why are we allowing it to happen? What recourse do we have? This is why I was hoping Trump would come out with his own news station and social media platform. I don't know about y'all but I don't think we need to put up with this crap. Just sitting around and accepting it isn't going to stop it. We need to nip it in the bud and stop allowing it to continue. How do we fight back?

The thread started here about the gun store that wouldn't allow dems to buy any ammo from him was a great start. I like that he is fighting back. How do we cancel dems? They aren't stopping and we should do the same to them and not allow them to own us like they want.

I wish those here that aren't dems would delete their Facebook and Twitter accounts. That would be a start.
First think as americans, insteadcof repuvblican or democart.

The republican-democrat divide is just the aversion. Are nt there poor people from both the sides? Arent people in debt? Arent people laid off? Arent people paying interest and pereniaaly in debt?

Old 02-14-2021, 01:58 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
First think as americans, insteadcof repuvblican or democart.

The republican-democrat divide is just the aversion. Are nt there poor people from both the sides? Arent people in debt? Arent people laid off? Arent people paying interest and pereniaaly in debt?
It's the dems that are trying to cancel replublicans and shut us up so they can dictate to us what is right and wrong. I'd say it is much more the republicans here that need to fight back 100%. Dems are after us and want to shut us up. Screw that. Who the heck are they to tell me what is right and wrong and to take away my free speech? That's just crazy and we shouldn't just sit back and let it happen.

Old 02-14-2021, 02:09 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
It's the dems that are trying to cancel replublicans and shut us up so they can dictate to us what is right and wrong. I'd say it is much more the republicans here that need to fight back 100%. Dems are after us and want to shut us up. Screw that. Who the heck are they to tell me what is right and wrong and to take away my free speech? That's just crazy and we shouldn't just sit back and let it happen.
Ok . Arent debt, poverty, income, interest rate bigger issues or hypothetical issues like god, abortion and guns bigger?

Even god cant get us out of debt or poverty trap, only money can

May be if you are a milkionare or could buy a home without debt and money isnt your primary worry, then may be you are right to go after democrats.

Old 02-14-2021, 02:11 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
There are other sites that are fact-based that say the same thing. I don't know if I'm allowed to post them here. All I can say is I'm scared not only for myself but for the country. Bad things are happening under the Biden administration. And if you don't believe me, just wait and see for yourself because there's no escaping it.
Biden was not my first choice. We are coming off of a president who was an egotistical sociopath who put himself above the country. Trump's administration has more criminal indictments than any other president in history. We're worlds better off now than we would have been with Trump for another 4 years. Trump pushed so much fear and discord, it will take years to de-program people from the chaos he pushed.

I don't see "bad things happening", I see a return to mature leadership. We might not all agree on the policies, but at least the policies are based on rationality, which is not what I could say about the last four years. "Censorship" like is described in the original post isn't a political issue. It's a private company choosing what to do with their platform. It's nothing but the free market at work.

Old 02-14-2021, 02:11 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Probably cause American thinker is a bat **** crazy rag. They’re not journalists.
Like MSNBC are journalist??

All this prove is that the Left is easily manipulated into “correct thinking,” which is very communistic... So much for them claiming that “they’re” so highly educated... Yeah, how educated are they for spending $50Ks to $80Ks on a four-year degree of Eastern European Folk Dancing or Lesbian Studies of the Indigenous Women of the South Pacific Islands... And making minimum wage at Starbucks.

Seriously, they’re phooking themselves at the same time, they’re just too stupid to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies