Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2021, 08:07 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,476,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
That's already been circumvented for this pandemic. You anti vaxxers ain't gonna be able to run around spreading illness, unemployment and death.

uhm… I am not an anti-vaxer….. I am actually a pro-vaccinations guy, who probably had had way more vaccinations than you will ever have

I am not talking against this or anyother vaccination...what I am talking about (the thread title) is any company (too include the government) to make an experimental vaccination mandated to get

once the FSA gives it full authorization (unlike the emergency authorization currently) then it is no longer experimental...then all bets are off the table
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2021, 08:09 PM

3,391 posts, read 1,545,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I don't follow. How would that stop you from flying?

I had an issue getting home to Texas where commercial airlines weren't giving me a ticket because the storms had backed up the waitlist for tickets. I just chartered a flight and they gave me no issues. My right to move freely (a Constitutional Right) was not violated.
you certainly are a lawyer with the bs. if every airline requires a vaccine my only choice is to get vaccinated or do not fly.

your situation was avoidable because you had another airline that gave you no issues. i could see that EVERY airline requires a vaccine. but you will say well you don't have to take the vaccine so now my right to movement was violated because every airline requires it.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:09 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,809,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and there is NO WAY, legally, for them to KNOW if you have had the shot or not...to demand it would violate Hipaa

Health INFORMATION PRIVACY
It is my understanding that HIPAA protects you from health insurance companies, healthcare facilities, and healthcare workers from sharing your personal health information.

I do not believe that simply asking someone if they got vaccinated violates HIPAA.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
500000 dead Americans

1% of 326 million is 3.26 million potential fatalities with your stat.
I'd imagine that the margin of error is high.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:12 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,448,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and there is NO WAY, legally, for them to KNOW if you have had the shot or not...to demand it would violate Hipaa

Health INFORMATION PRIVACY
Wow, so when I am on medical leave ( which requires the doctors order) my employer is violating this so called HIPPA clause?
Try again buddy.

During an incident at my work place I was required to have a tetanus shot due to a severe cut. My work place received the bill and paid it.

Public safety supercedes .

I love the minimalization some feign on you have a 99% survival rate, tell that to the 500,000 dead. They sure would have loved to have known that. They would have fought harder.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Invasion of privacy the unjustifiable intrusion into the personal life of another without consent. Whether I choose to vaccinate for a disease that has a 1.3%, a 0.3% or a 5.3% mortality rate is none of anyone's damn business. Requiring me to tell you otherwise is an invasion of my privacy.

Coercion is the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats. Threats of termination of employment, unless you share your vaccination records or refuse to vaccinate, are both coercion and invasion of privacy.
There's no invasion of privacy. You can simply refuse to provide the information. I'm not sure why you liberals don't understand this.

An employer can terminate you for any reason they wish as long as it's not in relation to you being part of a protected class. The law already says that upon providing an offer, an employer can require you to get a medical exam.

I know this is hard for liberals to understand but an employer can choose how and where to spend THEIR money. Just like you can choose whether you want to buy American made clothing rather than the crap made in China, the employer can choose to hire vaccinated people rather than unvaccinated people. If you don't like it, work somewhere else. It's that simple.

Stop expecting for big government ruling on this.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
the numbers are dramatically inflated. flu seems to have disappeared. It's because they are labeling any one with covid as a covid death. its not about the virus its about controlling the population. they are labeling people with the flu as covid.

they always reset the flu numbers every year. the propaganda now is that they will continue counting without resetting the numbers every year.
The flu numbers are down drastically because a large chunk of the population is not leaving their home except for necessities.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
you certainly are a lawyer with the bs.
Well, I am a lawyer, but I don't BS. I don't do court arguments because, well, that's not common for a Constitutional lawyer.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:
if every airline requires a vaccine my only choice is to get vaccinated or do not fly.

your situation was avoidable because you had another airline that gave you no issues. i could see that EVERY airline requires a vaccine. but you will say well you don't have to take the vaccine so now my right to movement was violated because every airline requires it.
Only commercial airlines tend to have these rules. You are unlikely to run into vaccination requirements otherwise. I didn't even have to go through a TSA security checkpoint. Trust me, vaccination requirements are only going to apply to commercial airlines. Avoid them and you'll be fine.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:25 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,235,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Wow, so when I am on medical leave ( which requires the doctors order) my employer is violating this so called HIPPA clause?
Try again buddy.

During an incident at my work place I was required to have a tetanus shot due to a severe cut. My work place received the bill and paid it.

Public safety supercedes .

I love the minimalization some feign on you have a 99% survival rate, tell that to the 500,000 dead. They sure would have loved to have known that. They would have fought harder.
Employer-paid leave? FMLA?

Was your incident covered under worker's comp?

I've had several work-related injuries over the years, I was never forced into a tetanus shot by my employer, although it was recommended by the physician and paid for via workers comp.

If those that choose to vaccinate, vaccinate, I do not see how I am a threat to you. If you fear a mutation that will occur that will evade your vaccination if I choose not to vaccinate, you are ignoring potentially hundreds of millions of people in third-world countries that will likely not vaccinate and can still potentially host mutations that will evade vaccination.

Out of curiosity, what year was the Spanish Flu vaccine created?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies