Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 05:45 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Demonstrably false. National average was $2.97/gal in May of '18, it's $2.66/gal today.
I am buying prem gas bra. I was not paying what i am now back in March of 2017 when i first got the 2013 C6 in my state nate. It has gone up 50 cents a gal in 2 months and ya seen nothing yet. This is the price you guys pay for wanting a Dem in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Get yourself a Chevy spark like me. Problem solved LOL
I had one for a month after i had to lemon law a new 2019 C7 vette. I could drive for 3 weeks on 10 gals. But boy that car was slow and boring. I gotta have 600hp+. My new 2021 Camaro gets around 8mpg in the city kitty.

Old 02-23-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Just paid $2.93 for premium (93 octane) about 30 mins ago. People need to get Costco memberships.....
Everything in FL cost more. Almost $3.70 a gal here.

Old 02-23-2021, 05:56 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Just like the economy at large, folks give far too much credit/blame to a president for ups and downs.

I’m just glad I have my beater car. Well over 40mpg average. Manual steering and trans. Slow but still fun. I can weather fuel prices spikes gracefully. Plus, unlike my vintage Mustangs, I no longer worry about door dings or other damage. I can seize the princess parking. Dumb little cars are less dumb than I used to think.

Old 02-23-2021, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Just like the economy at large, folks give far too much credit/blame to a president for ups and downs.

I’m just glad I have my beater car. Well over 40mpg average. Manual steering and trans. Slow but still fun. I can weather fuel prices spikes gracefully. Plus, unlike my vintage Mustangs, I no longer worry about door dings or other damage. I can seize the princess parking. Dumb little cars are less dumb than I used to think.
I only drive 50 miles a week. Once it goes past 4 a gal i am done.

Old 02-23-2021, 06:35 PM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Ya seen nothing yet jack. $5+ a gal pal before the year is up. Then on to $8 + and up. Once we get past $6 a gal then it will all come crashing down like we saw in 08 with housing and jobs bob.
Yes I hear it's going to be $30 by December.

You should buy oil futures and make a killing.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:00 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Haven't read the last 5 pages. This thread is evidence that the right cannot come up with anything to attack Biden, except nonsense. Trump stepped in a pile daily, so they are trying desperately to even the score somehow. Conspiracies, exaggerations and pure fiction.

The op seems to not understand economics or commodities or even how the world works. Really just a poor all around understanding.

Gas prices are driven by demand, supply, economic growth, refining costs, distribution costs...

For the last year prices have been driven down by demand destruction. No one is driving. Higher gas prices are a sign that economic growth is returning, or expected to return. Technically that would mean that Biden is doing great, if that were the only factor involved. But, Biden actually has little to do with it.

Anyone who thinks that gas prices are set to skyrocket is deeply uninformed. As prices increase, due to demand, more production will come online. This will put downward pressure on prices. As electric vehicles become more prevalent, that will decrease demand and help contain prices as well. Any problems with refineries could have the opposite effect.

Furthermore, less people will be commuting going forward. I used to drive 18,000 yearly, last year I drove 2,000. Myself and many others will be working from home going forward. Leaving lots of gas for those who continue to drive. And more gasoline than we need domestically.

If the U.S.A. becomes the global leader in sustainable and renewable energy THAT will be very good economically. good jobs and even cheaper energy and transportation. Meanwhile gasoline will continue to be plentiful and inexpensive. Or we can sit back while every advanced nation, including China, beat us to the punch and reap the rewards.

Claiming BS, like "war on fossil fuels" is how we end up on the outside looking in. Every major U.S corporation from Exxon to GM saw the writing on the wall years ago. The world is going electric and hanging onto the past is how America end up a LOSER!

Old 02-24-2021, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes I hear it's going to be $30 by December.

You should buy oil futures and make a killing.
If i did that it would go down like a clown.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:13 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,068,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
No, it is because of Biden's war on fossil fuels.
Amen

Old 02-24-2021, 08:10 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
You will NEVER be able to convince me that it isn't every bit Biden and all the cultural Marxists that are breathing down his neck.

Biden and all his demonic cultural Marxists he's surrounded himself with just HATE the middle-class American. They want us to suffer.

Well my car is used to work purposes and these gas taxes are the most hurtful, anti-working American regressive taxes there are. And when they shoot up they do hurt more than any other tax to me and tens of millions more working AMericans that Biden and his motley crew hate so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies