Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 07:13 PM

25 posts, read 7,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar
This will count as another one of those gun death in the stats the dems always throw around as reasons why we need to ban guns.
Well hopefully not........ He was not afraid to use it when it was needed!

I wouldnt mind shaking his hand and giving him a big hug and telling him he did the right thing!!

Poor grandma -- Stupid fools!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 07:18 PM

11,245 posts, read 11,019,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Guessing you didnt open the link and see the pic of the grandmother who was shot. It would be more accurate to say, one more Kamala voter saved and a likely non-voter killed.
This is even more sad, as it's another case of black on black crime. At least in this one it had a happy ending. Kind of.

Old 02-14-2021, 07:21 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I'm sorry that this poor 12 year old has to shoulder the burden of knowing he killed someone. These half-wit criminals forced it upon him. I hope he is able to accept that it was forced upon him and had no other choice. I hope he overcomes this and it doesn't haunt him.
I think seeing grandma shot and bleeding will go a long way towards soothing any guilt. Not to mention he didnt see the guy die as he ran off.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:58 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
The dead suspect's name suggest he could've been brought here as a product of asylum.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:07 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Why is this Controversial?

It's the way nature intended and the laws allow.

Unless your in CA, NJ or NYC.
If you have to ask the question, you will NOT understand the answer.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:11 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,575,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The dead suspect's name suggest he could've been brought here as a product of asylum.

And this gets my vote for the stupidest comment of the day.

Old 02-15-2021, 12:27 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
And this gets my vote for the stupidest comment of the day.
Kahlil is an Arabic and muslim name and probably a product of our asylum or open immigration policies. I don't care if you think that speculation is stupid.

Old 02-15-2021, 01:26 PM

10,106 posts, read 1,023,299 times
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Old 02-15-2021, 03:39 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Why would you say such a thing when you are obviously ignorant of which you speak?

"In California, you not only have the right to protect yourself and others in public, but also within your own home. California’s “Castle Doctrine” recognizes a person’s right to use deadly force inside of his or her own home when someone uses force to break in.California Penal Code 198.5 PC explains that a person will be presumed to have a reasonable fear of imminent harm when someone unlawfully breaks into their home. If the person, while in their own home, uses deadly force to protect themselves and their family, it can be justified as self-defense."

"Does New Jersey Have a Castle Doctrine?

The “castle doctrine” is a tradition from English common law meaning that a person has a right to defend their home with force against an intruder.
New Jersey retains this old legal tradition. If attacked or threatened in public, a man must make a reasonable attempt to retreat before using force. But in his own home, a man may meet force with force to protect himself or his family. There is no duty to retreat.
As the NJ criminal code says, “the actor is not obliged to retreat from his dwelling, unless he was the initial aggressor”. That final clause is important as well; if you start a fight, even in your own home, any assault you commit will not be excused as self-defense. In the case of an armed intruder, their illegal entry and weapon makes them the aggressor."

"With respect to victims inside their home, New York’s Castle Doctrine states:
A person in possession or control of, or licensed or privileged to be in, a dwelling or an occupied building, who reasonably believes that another person is committing or attempting to commit a burglary of such dwelling or building, may use deadly physical force upon such other person when he or she reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of such burglary."
Umm...hate to tell you this man but CA does NOT have castle doctrine. You have a duty to retreat from an attack, and even in solid clear cut cases of self defense or defense of others a criminal may and they often do put you into civil litigation for any damage you do them or their families can if you ghost the varmint. Yes, even in your own home and the goblins are armed and have intent. Don't know where you're coming up with "California's castle doctrine" from. It doesn't exist.

Outside ones home in CA it is illegal to carry a firearm openly and CCW permits are VERY rarely given to anyone. Unless they're a judge or some celebrity and such. Regular folks don't get such a permit. And when a firearm is taken outside the home while "in transport" ammunition and firearms must be kept in separate locked cases and when in a vehicle in said cases in different compartments of the vehicle. I.E. ammo in the trunk, firearms in the cabin or vice versa. Even a single round in the same compartment as the firearm, whether it actually fits said firearm or not, will get your gun(s) confiscated and earn you a date with a judge.

CA flat sucks. And all those bangers in LA and other crime cesspool areas of the major metros really worry about that when they head out to do a drive by. And don't even try to tell me different. A guy I know was coming back from an IPSC/USPSA match in Sac and got pulled over outside of Auburn. The CHP saw his gun cases in the back seat and BOOM. PC for a vehicle toss. He had his firearms in locked cases and his ammo in the trunk, but the cop found ONE round of ammo in the cabin in his console. He lost 10K in competition custom firearms and all his ammo. He tried to get them back by going to court but no joy.

That's because either the cop, the DA or the judge put those guns in their own collection I guarantee you. And he had to pay a pretty exhorbitant fine as well. Because of a single round of ammo. Yeah, tough on crime CA is ain't they just. They're worried about a totally law abiding legitimate citizen who was competing in a big match, was spending his money like the hundreds of other competitors helping the local economy paying for food lodging gas and whatever else and slap him around like a red headed stepchild for that, whilst across town the bangers are shooting up neighborhoods and getting away with it. For having a SINGLE round of ammo in the cabin of his car with his firearms in secured locked cases in his back seat. Yeah, he was obviously a banger varmint heading for a drive by.

THAT is CA firearms law. THAT is what they think of decent honest citizens who are in the shooting sports. Castle doctrine in CA? Seriously?!

Old 02-16-2021, 12:03 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatecake1977 View Post
You say you stand for equality and tolerance, then use name calling for people you are intolerant of. That goes against your entire ideology. You are no better than President Trump, whom you strongly dislike, in that regard. If you are going to believe in something, at least follow it.
I asked a question? Was it an assumption, because the right does not commit crimes. I called NO ONE any names. Trumpttetes are followers of trump...nothing more. I do not get offended if called a leftist -or Dem. even though am an independent. To callout a profiling,,, and as the thread continued, they did decide he was a dem because if his name. I'm calling out assumptions. That is bringing it back to balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies