Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 08:38 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times

Advertisements

No I will not. While I don't like the vision McConnel has for the Republican future. The so-called Trump vision for the Republican future is cloudy and scary. The Democrats, just plain scare me. We need new party leaders from top to bottom.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:42 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I definitely will and I bet millions of others like me Will as well. Basically the Republican Party will be swept to the dustbin of history!
A republican will never be president again if the party is split. Do you really want that.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:07 PM

1,803 posts, read 937,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
A republican will never be president again if the party is split. Do you really want that.
Those who see Trump as their god.... do want it. There is a reason Trump did not do much quoting of Reagan. Some want Reaganomics to be the new Part motto not Trumpism or a now branch break off vs trumpist (boasting a Patriot Party). Time will tell if YOU'ALL SPLIT A ONCE UNITED PARTY.

Irony has it the GOP risk being split from within... and Trump a key force to do so or hyjack the Party.... Extremist blame so called RINO's within the Party as even worst then Dems..... like the Jehovah Witnesses see those who leave the cultic ways of the Organization as WORST then those who did not accept their truth and to then reject it.

Sadly, the Conspiracy Theories keep coming and we still do not know how Trump will steer his base who want him to remain their god-in-chief and will bow to his orders again and claim...... it was not a insurrection. It was a Patriotic reclaiming of a throne for their leader.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:14 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,728 times
If Trump forms a third party and takes his followers with him, I'd consider re-joining the republican party (assuming it goes back to being conservative, instead of authoritarian as it was under Trump)

Old 02-15-2021, 12:03 AM

16,618 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I definitely will and I bet millions of others like me Will as well. Basically the Republican Party will be swept to the dustbin of history!
Answer - No

If Trump does start a separate 3rd party, it will insure a Democrat landslide win, even if sleepy Joe is on a respirator by then.
He will destroy any chance he would otherwise have, unless he stays in the (R) party.

Trump should be smart like the communists in the "Justice Democrats" who know they cannot get elected via a 3rd party, so they pretend to be Democrats to get elected, then let their freak flag fly.

So if his branding of say the "Patriot Republicans" primaried moderate to left leaning Republicans, some will get elected. That is how members of the "squad" did it.

`

Old 02-15-2021, 01:25 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Answer - No

If Trump does start a separate 3rd party, it will insure a Democrat landslide win, even if sleepy Joe is on a respirator by then.
He will destroy any chance he would otherwise have, unless he stays in the (R) party.

Trump should be smart like the communists in the "Justice Democrats" who know they cannot get elected via a 3rd party, so they pretend to be Democrats to get elected, then let their freak flag fly.

So if his branding of say the "Patriot Republicans" primaried moderate to left leaning Republicans, some will get elected. That is how members of the "squad" did it.

`
If he’s going to brand them that then he shouldn’t’ try have anything to do with them because Cadet Bonespurs certainly isn’t a patriot, and he certainly isn’t conservative/hasn’t conducted his life as a conservative would.

Old 02-15-2021, 02:19 AM

41,979 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatecake1977 View Post
It is not that we are tired with what the Republican Party stands for, more than it is about how weak and spineless the current Republican Party is.
It sure is spineless. Republican leaders would not stand up to Trump when he failed the American public concerning the pandemic, and again when he incited violence at the Capitol, and countless other idiocies and indiscretions.

Old 02-15-2021, 02:36 AM

14,689 posts, read 14,662,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Shhhhh! Don’t interrupt this thought process! Trump will totally start a third party because he cares about true Americans, not because he wants to grift more rubes for what little money they have left.

Old 02-15-2021, 03:45 AM

23,226 posts, read 29,066,081 times
Now that the hopes were dashed for Trump's Impeachment in the Senate, now its the DOJ's turn, to make sure he never runs again! 22+ criminal charges! Can he form a 3rd party from prison?

Old 02-15-2021, 08:32 AM

16,618 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
If he’s going to brand them that then he shouldn’t’ try have anything to do with them because Cadet Bonespurs certainly isn’t a patriot, and he certainly isn’t conservative/hasn’t conducted his life as a conservative would.
Interesting point of view, no doubt influenced by what sounds like some residual TDS.

While you might not think Trump is parotitic, that is one of the qualities he has in spades. Additionally while he personally has not lived a life as a conservative in your mind, actions in office speak much louder than words.
Without going into a long list of things, he appointed originalist/textualist federal judges. While that does not automatically equal conservative rulings (i.e. Scalia voting for flag burning), it certainly keep leftist emotion based judges off the bench like Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

His efforts to protect our borders, arrest and deport illegal alien criminals, strengthen our military, stop leftist indoctrination in our schools and restore patriotic values and love of our constitutional republic are just some of the things that qualify him as patriotic and conservative.

Just out of curiosity, are you familiar with the Justice Democrats?
If so, you know their stated mission is to become strong enough to take over the traditional/establishment Democrat party from within. If a Democrat is liberal by almost anyone's definition, yet not left enough for them, they will try to primary and beat them.
If you know that fine.
Let us know if you approve.
If not, and you don't believe me, just watch videos where the founder of the group said as much. These people are radical leftists, with some of the historical leaders they look up to being crazy communists.
One such person was Subbas Chandra Bose who was a genocidal nut who exclaimed of his movement - "Our philosophy should be a synthesis of Nazism and Communism".

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies