Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support an All American Patriotic Dictatorship?
yes 7 3.87%
no 174 96.13%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 04:48 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,689,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You were wrong. The massive majority of Americans back DEMOCRACY.
aren't we a republic though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 08:39 PM

16,752 posts, read 8,117,766 times
I would like to know the country the 4% live in. It is not the US.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:21 PM

3 posts, read 1,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
it IS LITERALLY a show. like absolutely. they all figure it out. who votes this way and that. they must appease the dull eyed pleebs. some vote ye some nay. we get to be mad at some happy with others. the long haulers are in so deep youll never hear a word. it would cost them.

why do you think old mitch voted one way, tben spewed another? heck maybe he forgot which way he was suppose to vote. or hes the goodguy badguy.

i wish it were not so. but i have a unwanted talent for sniffing out lies. people hate it. id say im 98% lie detector. not sure why.

i never followed politics because i couldnt stand the stench of lies.

but of recent, i voted for trump because while he lies his arse off, i also believe him when he said he cared. still do.

and he paid a hefty price for it. look how he rocked the boat. he didnt play the game. he was a bull in the china shop, and i loved how he upset the fakers. i hated that people effed up our one shot. if they just didnt fight him so hard.

one has to ask why. well i dont. the elite govies could not deal, and they beat him daily, whipped up the masses.

talk about working up a crowd! and here we are. so rangled by the covid, the money, the election...we dont have a clue whats up.

im telling you all, so much lying is going on in front of our faces it has me stressed out. i can not say what exactly, but something is afoot.

in all this chaos, something else bad is happening. its palpable.

i keep yelling at people to wake up.

it all feels like a dream.
Didn’t mean to give a positive rating. All I saw was “It all feels like a dream.” I never imagined we would have a population who was so gullible.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:51 AM

72,815 posts, read 62,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
what about Kingdoms?
I prefer voting for my elected officials.

Old 04-05-2021, 05:05 AM

4,712 posts, read 2,573,283 times
Quote:
Would you support an All American Patriotic Dictatorship?
you mean like Trump wanted to be?..oh hell no..

Old 04-05-2021, 05:13 AM

72,815 posts, read 62,143,696 times
It is insufferable that anyone would be in favor of a dictatorship, of any kind.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:06 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,506,267 times
Using Patriot and dictatorship together is illogical. Free men cannot be ruled over by force either your free or enslaved.And America has fallen because unlike our forefathers we chose to just go along take the easy way instead of standing up and fighting for our Republic. Our founding fathers aren't rolling over in their graves...they are spinning like propellers❗

Old 04-05-2021, 10:47 AM

33,466 posts, read 17,986,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Would you support an All American Patriotic Dictatorship?

Hear me out, don't get put off by the word "dictatorship" it just means strong, being a man
Suppose the Capitol take over was successful. The military had come in supporting Trump and ousting the Democrats. Would you have supported Trump coming in and doing a Putin type thing? Term limits for Presidents would be eliminated, the Democratic party outlawed or greatly diminished , new laws making burning the flag and speaking against the president a crime.
Look at Netanyahu he's been prime minister for 15 years, 12 of them consecutive.
Obama, Hilary, Kamala, the BLM, Antifa and other traitors would be put in prison, Biden on probation.

Be honest, you're anonymous here, would you have supported this?
I think a large number of American want authoritarian rule if it is the right personality, none of this virtual 50/50 split in the House and deadlocking, the president would have greater power.
If things don't go well for Biden, Trump may regroup to learn from the January 6th mistakes and do a proper take over in 2024. Would you back this? It wouldn't be Hitler or Stalin style. It would be American flags everywhere, All American military's parades, new statues erected of the president and heroes of the past.
Star Spangled everything. It would have to be Trump necessarily it could be a new leader but super American.
Communism teaches the little children to call China their Mother and Father. This is not patriotism.Why? It is telling them to love their country. This is why..The Communists brainwash the kids to believe the government must be loved and come first. The people in China have no freedom to speak. They are pawns and disappear if they give the Communists any trouble with being a free thinker. That is not allowed. The Chinese people fear the government and are afraid to offend the Communist government in any way . The Communists have cameras all over , face recognition, tell people to turn in their neighbors if they say anything offensive about the government and they will pay them to do so. Freedom is not known in China. They are now starting to read peoples faces to see what they are thinking. If they think in a negative way about the government they will arrest you. This technology is very dangerous to the individual . It is controlling and does not allow one to think or have the freedom to think or have an opinion.

Patriotism with no freedom is not patriotism...This is why Patriotism does not work under a dictatorship.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:52 AM

33,466 posts, read 17,986,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
you mean like Trump wanted to be?..oh hell no..
Trump never mandated anything. Trump gave the power to the states. Republicans believe in a strong state government and believe they make better choices for each individual state. Democrats believe in big federal government and to dictate to the states their controlling power over the states. This is the big difference of the two parties.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:59 AM

9,554 posts, read 4,425,270 times
There is no one person or philosipy which is exactly why there needs to be a greater push for third and fourth parties. The land of either-or isn't working. Nor is the system of checks and balances because they've been saturated with biased appointments. Third and other parties would help restore the system of checks and balances. Non establishment parties would/could serve as a moderator or wild card on various issues.

The problem with dictators their quest for and to remain in power becomes greater than their priorty to serve the people. Most dictators fall hard while the people suffer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies