Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2021, 10:20 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Y'all social media and big tech can do what they want. Why are we so surprised? Our only option is to stop using it. We need to get used to having their agenda shoved down our throats.

What are our options to fight back? No one seems to have any answers to that. It's very sad.
shoved down your throat? Is that the feeling you get when you see a button or Black biz being promoted?

It shouldn’t be that easy to frustrate you.

I guess you could storm the building or maybe.. just try not to let a button upset you so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Only if it’s a leftist pillow company. That My Pillow guys commercials are all good.
he makes Pillows that ease the pain of reverse racism.

seriously, the levels these folks go to remain upset is scary.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:22 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
ahhh, so you aren’t being forced. Just encouraged.

How radical is that?

I bet you scream at commercials too.

“Why do I need a new pillow, leave me alone radicals!!!”
So let’s encourage people to boycott black businesses and buy at white places. Or let’s encourage people to buy from straight owners rather than gay owners.

Companies should not be “encouraging” people to make purchasing decisions based on the race (or sexual orientation) of the owner. You’re OK with it because in the current situation, it benefits blacks and hurts whites. You’d be enraged if it were the reverse, and rightfully so.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
he makes Pillows that ease the pain of reverse racism.

seriously, the levels these folks go to remain upset is scary.
That’s because we don’t like companies that encourage racism.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:24 AM

2,039 posts, read 4,553,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It’s not “somewhere.” It’s encouraging people to overlook white companies and give their money to black ones.

Have you ever owned a business? I have. Competition is fierce. The last thing I needed was to have do-good liberals steering potential customers interested in my service away from me and to a black company - and all because of my skin color. Racism is wrong no matter which group is being discriminated against.
I just hit that Google button and businesses with names that included "Nubian" and "African Cultural," popped up and there was literally a company called "Black Owned Black Operated." These were just a few that came up amongst a ton of barbershops and hair salons. I doubt that many of these would be direct competition to white-owned businesses. Maybe some of the services type businesses (construction, electrical, plumbing, etc.) would be more directly competitive but that would probably be the case even without the push to utilize black-owned companies.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:26 AM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
That’s because we don’t like companies that encourage racism.
I take back what I said, that this is racism. I don't think it is. It is more of an example of exclusivity and division.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
So let’s encourage people to boycott black businesses and buy at white places. Or let’s encourage people to buy from straight owners rather than gay owners.

Companies should not be “encouraging” people to make purchasing decisions based on the race (or sexual orientation) of the owner. You’re OK with it because in the current situation, it benefits blacks and hurts whites. You’d be enraged if it were the reverse, and rightfully so.
it that’s where God has called you then go for it.

I’m free to shop where I please. A website telling me which companies to use doesn’t help or hurt anyone. I decide where I spend my dollars.

but yes, please start this boycott and promote it using your real name. I’m sure you will get a ton of support.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:27 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
So dont click it?
Better yet don't use Google Chrome. I quit using it a couple months ago and am using Duck Duck Go as a search engine. It's been great.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I take back what I said, that this is racism. I don't think it is. It is more of an example of exclusivity and division.
Why would companies want to elevate black organizations above white ones (in terms of favoring them for purchases and donations)?

Old 02-15-2021, 10:31 AM

18,463 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I opened Google Chrome this morning and saw a new banner link at the bottom of the home page - where I have never seen one before.

It read:

Is this what is meant by inclusiveness and unity that we were promised by the new Administration, because I believe that it is actually segregating and divisive. I am not a racist - I really don't care what race the owner of a business I patronize is.
Is the site letting you know, so you know where to shop, or so you know where to avoid?

Is one of those uses more racist than the other?

If so, why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies