Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 07:36 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,698,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
OK. So I should see a link to White-owned businesses during White History Month.
Talk about living in a bubble, dude.

Go search for something on google. Type in some product - like... coffee maker.

What shows up? Hamilton Beach, Mr. Coffee, links to Target, links to Amazon, links to Walmart

Hamilton Beach CEO: white
Mr. Coffee CEO: white
Target CEO: white
Amazon CEO: white
Walmart CEO: white

That's every day. So, if there's a tiny link that most of the google-using public ignores that might direct some traffic to black-owned businesses during black history month, what's the big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 07:37 AM

6,103 posts, read 3,341,443 times
If you are white and you hate yourself and hate your country, you vote Democrat. It’s what you do.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:37 AM

19,027 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Oh come on now. Almost all of our great history of the world is "white". We created the best times in the world's long life. I think what happens when things get so good is people get bored and figure out ways to destroy ourselves. The left seems to hate themselves and the history of men. I think the left probably should be on medication to curb their depression and help with them acting out. I never realized how depressed the left was until Trump got elected. Wow, 4 1/2 years of one huge temper tantrum. Pretty amazing if you think about how depressed they are as a whole. They need to seek help and medicate themselves. Well, they do like to smoke pot a lot to help forget how horrible humans must be. Geez.

I could care less about the little link. Blacks are very few in the US and black owned businesses would be amazingly tiny. The US is a very white country. Just not on the media/TV.

Yeah, but now "depressed left" has access to The Button.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:39 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
OK. So I should see a link to White-owned businesses during White History Month.

... oh wait...
Given that 97.8% of businesses are white owned, they don’t need the press. Don’t want to shop at a black owned business? Then don’t. Upset by Google? Use another search engine.

Getting upset over this is akin to not liking the TV program and yelling at the TV instead of just changing the damn channel.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:42 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post

What shows up? Hamilton Beach, Mr. Coffee, links to Target, links to Amazon, links to Walmart

That's every day. So, if there's a tiny link that most of the google-using public ignores that might direct some traffic to black-owned businesses during black history month, what's the big deal?
Yeah, but there is not click bait on the page telling me that. I do not not need to know the race of the ownership of a company on which I spend my money. If I did.....I would be RACIST!! Wake up!

Old 02-15-2021, 07:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Yeah, but there is not click bait on the page telling me that. I do not not need to know the race of the ownership of a company on which I spend my money. If I did.....I would be RACIST!! Wake up!
The political party that portends to be against racism is actually promoting it.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:45 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post

It’s not a big deal, but it is amusing watching the snowflakes meltdown over it. I picture them shouting “ What about me” as they run in circles.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:46 AM

I purchase the products that offer me the best value for the money, and best suit my needs. I have no interest in knowing the skin color of the founder.

But leftists want us to view everything through the prism of race - and give preference to those with darker tones. If I were black, I’d be appalled by what’s going on, and I believe many blacks are. They realize that it is wrong to teach people to make decisions based on race.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
It’s not a big deal, but it is amusing watching the snowflakes meltdown over it. I picture them running around shouting “ What about me” as they run in circles.
So no problem if next month we direct consumers away from black companies and toward whites? And ask people to donate to white only causes at the cash register?

Why should I buy from a black company rather than the company with the better product, as I determine it to be relative to my needs, regardless of race? Why are you OK with racism?

Old 02-15-2021, 07:50 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,003,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I have never gone to a business based on the race of the owner. Honestly I could care less. While I am certainly not outraged by Google's actions I think this is more evidence of liberal pandering.
I agree - because what does race have to do with one's decision whose store to patronize.

So what is the purpose of Google 'steering' patronage to black-owned businesses during Black History Month? What does shopping even have to do with history? Why not instead have links to museums of black history so that we can all learn more about each other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies