Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 03:33 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks93 View Post
Trump was not really acquitted

that would imply the jury listened to the facts and didn't predetermine how they would vote
Nor would a jurist be allowed to confer with the legal team. Jury tampering is a big deal.

Where is it written that an adult must automatically be of one or the other ?

At least for the actors guild , their preformances didn't cause an insurrection.
The former prezs act did incite that finale '.

I'm glad ppl are talking about their views....
Let's ya Gage the direction ppl are looking towards.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:03 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Why is the right so obsessed with Hollywood? They are just overpaid, ultra privileged attention seekers. Who cares?
Because they have a bully-pulpit afforded them by their fame and use it to sway public opinion.

You should be concerned about it too. Wasn't that long that Deniro, Jenny McCarthy, Jim Carey and a dozen other celebs were pushing anti-vaxx conspiracy theories and that sort of star power really didn't help us as their disinformation still floats around to this day.

As for "Who cares?", if Oprah or Kylie Jenner etc. tweet how much they looove some new product or song...it's going to go nuts, I mean you can't seriously be claiming people don't listen to Hollywood types?

Old 02-15-2021, 04:16 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks93 View Post
Trump was not really acquitted

that would imply the jury listened to the facts and didn't predetermine how they would vote
...and this is worse than impeaching him without a trial or evidence? They just voted based on their feewings.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:47 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Makes sense, but then I think their attitude would be more like, "Well, thank God he's gone, let's move on and try to forget!" but instead, they just won't let him go away or let up on trying to destroy his entire life. It just seems like more than an unpopular kid in HS thing. The level of vindictiveness is staggering, even for the Left.
You are correct. The vindictiveness towards him and anyone that supported is definitely shocking. I think this is where we are as a society though, we can thank the media, social media and mindless followers for that.

Old 02-15-2021, 05:41 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
I have personally cancelled Hollywood.
It’s very sad because I am, or was, a huge movie buff, at least of films thru the mid 90’s, but I’ve deaded it all. Will anybody care? Of course not, but I do. And it feels great.

Old 02-15-2021, 05:57 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
If it quacks like a duck (you know the rest). All you have to do is stop quacking but you're apparently incapable, witness the number of enraged venomous posts just on this forum alone coming from the right. Hard to recognize when you have to look in the mirror, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Totally. Agree 100%
How dare you people assume it identifies as a duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The way I see it. He was a lifelong Democrat. He turned on them, and threatened to upturn the ole boys club , which everyone, regardless of party was afraid of. That, plus his abrasive personality, and the asinine tweets and he became the unpopular kid in HS. And now the hatred for him is just consuming for many and they can't let it go.
I’d also like to add that the Dems token black president roasted Trump about running for president, the joke was on them when trump won it big.

Old 02-15-2021, 05:59 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Anyone who thought that dog and pony show had any chance at all is a... well... putting it bluntly, a moron.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:06 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Hollywood celebs are entitled to express their opinions, same as anyone else. What dismays me is that so many mindless followers hang on their every word like they're the Oracle of Delphi or something.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:33 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
F Hollywood! Just a bunch of over paid, snooty narcissist's who think they know all and are above everyone. All they do is live their lives pretending to be someone else. What a joke! Just a bunch of morons, losers and freaks who know nothing about the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies