Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 01:57 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
They did the same to me with no explanation. They hav become erratic, I am not going back
Zuckerberg's reaction to this news:

Don't violate the TOS and you won't get booted. It's so easy, even a caveman could do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 02:03 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,099,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
As a Christian myself, I just saw where he posted something about Antifa being the ones storming the capitol.
That's why he got banned from FB...spreading fake news, .... and well heck you bear false witness which is against one of the commandments. Seems like Sorbo needs to do a check on reality. My heart breaks with how conservative Christians are thinking what is the right thing to do.
?? Didnt several media outlets have to retract stories about how the police officer died from an extinguisher?

Whether the Antifa thing is true or not, there are stories out there about it

If Facebook wanted to drop a tag saying they think the page is incorrect, that would be helpful. Instead they go with Nazi/communist style censorship. How can we bemoan the China censorship when we are doing the same thing over here.

Amazing how people are letting others think for them... sad times.

Facebook has also been censoring Ivermectin as a Covid medicine(dollars). They continue to let Fauci MILK AMERICA on Remdesivir($3k a pop) instead of fact checking him(WHO recommended against it months ago).... Maybe we shouldnt be so quick to let others think for us, no telling how many are dead as a result?

Last edited by Rom623; 02-16-2021 at 02:16 PM..

Old 02-16-2021, 02:05 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
It's true, so why delete it?
https://www.foxnews.com/us/boogaloo-...floyd-protests

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...g-george-floyd

‘Boogaloo Boi’ charged in fire of Minneapolis police precinct during George Floyd protest

Ivan Harrison Hunter, a Texas rightwing extremist, bragged about helping to set the fire then was seen shooting 13 rounds at the building...Video shot that night shows a person later identified as Hunter firing 13 rounds from a semiautomatic assault-style rifle on the 3rd precinct police station

Hunter would later post multiple messages on Facebook bragging of his actions in Minneapolis on the night of 28 May and morning of 29 May, writing, “I set fire to that precinct with the Black community,” and, “My mom would call the FBI if she knew.”
People were claiming it was all done by boogaloo boys not a handfull out of hundreds if not thousands.

The best conspiracies are ones rooted in a kernal of truth...but are still conspiracies.

Old 02-16-2021, 02:26 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Don't violate the TOS and you won't get booted. It's so easy, even a caveman could do it.
The argument is that Facebook may not be responding to all of the violations, just topics they don't approve of.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...p/nation-islam

These guys are on facebook.

Old 02-16-2021, 02:28 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The argument is that Facebook may not be responding to all of the violations, just topics they don't approve of.

That's my beef with FB, the very uneven application of the rules.

Old 02-16-2021, 02:54 PM

1,073 posts, read 621,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
and alot of people consider your "christ talk" completely fake and untrue. wait until YOU GET BANNED for spreading fake info.

you dont get it at all.
Hasn't happened yet. I'm respectful, love all people on FB... hmm kind of like how Christ was. Posting made up Q conspiracy theories is the epitome of bearing false witness. Its amazing how some fellow Christians only hold others accountable.

Old 02-16-2021, 03:23 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Sure, but "The other guy was speeding, too!" argument never gets you out of the ticket.

You know what does? Not speeding.

Old 02-16-2021, 03:26 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
They did the same to me with no explanation. They have become erratic, I am not going back
As I said, same thing happened to me years ago - and I don't post political or religious stuff on Facebook --- but some glitch happened in their algorithm and I got burned.

Stuff happens.

Old 02-16-2021, 03:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
What I think is hilarious is that all this moaning about Twitter and Facebook and talking about how folks don't need or want but there are folks on Twitter actively moaning and groaning that Trump not being able to be on social media is denying him som ekind of freedom.

What many of you seem to be telling me is that you don't need either for Freedom.

I agree but there seem to be others who say that out of one corner of their mouth, while suggesting it is denial of freedom if you don't have it.

Old 02-16-2021, 03:28 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,099,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Sure, but "The other guy was speeding, too!" argument never gets you out of the ticket.

You know what does? Not speeding.

or they could quit crying about the obvious double standard and move to a free speech platform like telegram, gab.com, clouthub.com, rumble.com, or parler.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies