Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 03:57 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times

Advertisements

Adrienne LaFrance wrote this as a part of a delving into conspiracy theories called Shadowland. Many of the stories are some combination of sad and creepy.

It's funny that Trumpers, many of whom are Q believers, say they demand transparency about some things, especially if related to Democrats, but they don't have any problem at all with the total lack of transparency from Q.

The Prophecies of Q
American conspiracy theories are entering a dangerous new phase

Conspiracy theories are a constant in American history, and it is tempting to dismiss them as inconsequential. But as the 21st century has progressed, such a dismissal has begun to require willful blindness.
Arthur Jones, the director of the documentary film Feels Good Man, which tells the story of how internet memes infiltrated politics in the 2016 presidential election, told me that QAnon reminds him of his childhood growing up in an evangelical-Christian family in the Ozarks.
"If you are an evangelical and you look at Donald Trump on face value, he lies, he steals, he cheats, he’s been married multiple times, he’s clearly a sinner. But you are trying to find a way that he is somehow part of God’s plan.”
It has always been this way. In 1831, a Baptist preacher in rural New York named William Miller began to publicly share his prediction that the Second Coming of Jesus was imminent. Eventually he settled on a date: October 22, 1844. When the sun came up on October 23, his followers, known as the Millerites, were crushed. But they did not give up.
“These people in the QAnon community—I feel like they are as deeply delusional, as deeply invested in their beliefs, as the Millerites were,” Travis View, one of the hosts of a podcast called QAnon Anonymous, which subjects QAnon to acerbic analysis, told me. “That makes me pretty confident that this is not something that is going to go away with the end of the Trump presidency.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...coming/610567/

Old 02-16-2021, 04:10 PM

25,729 posts, read 18,797,332 times
That Q-kid pecking away in mom's basement has got to be getting a real kick at how you lefties are eating his nonsense up. Oh well, look at the good side--you've probably put him through college when he's old enough, or maybe he'll never have to work a day in his life, spending the time on the sunny beaches of Tahiti laughing at you guys as he kicks the waves and breathes in the sea breeze.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:16 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
March 4, baby. March 4! You'll see.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:20 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
That Q-kid pecking away in mom's basement has got to be getting a real kick at how you lefties are eating his nonsense up. Oh well, look at the good side--you've probably put him through college when he's old enough, or maybe he'll never have to work a day in his life, spending the time on the sunny beaches of Tahiti laughing at you guys as he kicks the waves and breathes in the sea breeze.

One of the biggest followers of Q is Trump himself. A legion of Q followers tried to overthrow the government. Q followers have been elected by right-wingers into offices.

The least the right-wing can do is acknowledge Q is now a stable of their party. The first step to fixing a problem is to acknowledge that the problem exists.

How many more decades are right-wingers going to keep their heads in the sand?

Old 02-16-2021, 04:21 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,012 times
Quote:
...my guess it's Robert Mercer, Etal....former CEO of now defunct Cambridge Analytica....

...and to those looking for a link...as always, 'go do your own homework', or don't...

Old 02-16-2021, 04:25 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Cida, dredging up an 8 month old Atlantic piece. Move on, dear, we have a new president.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
One of the biggest followers of Q is Trump himself. A legion of Q followers tried to overthrow the government. Q followers have been elected by right-wingers into offices.

The least the right-wing can do is acknowledge Q is now a stable of their party. The first step to fixing a problem is to acknowledge that the problem exists.

How many more decades are right-wingers going to keep their heads in the sand?

It's quite amusing when there is a conspiracy theory of a conspiracy theory.

Then again, perhaps this is something like pantifa... nothing more than an idea.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Yeah? How bout the one you elected to Congress?

Old 02-16-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah? How bout the one you elected to Congress?
The one what?

We had one senator who believed that Guam was going to capsize. Some people believe in all sorts of nonsense.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:46 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Okay, I looked into Q a few months before the election. I am a staunch Conservative and kept hearing about this Q thing from the left wing media and here.

Now, I do NOT have a clue what or who Q is nor do I know if it's a hoax or not. What I CAN tell you is that EVERY report I read about it is completely false.

First, there is a Q who supposedly has/had White House and intelligence access.
Second, there are anons...or so they call themselves,
Third, any report label of QAnon is telling lies...there is no QAnon...only Q and the followers that are anons.

Q posts little hints and tidbits of cryptic info and does NOT make any predictions, nor does Q give any real info.

The anons are self described keyboard warriors devoted to puzzle solving and meme creations to put on social media.

They are non-violent and preach investigation and prayer over physical action...they are a strange bunch with their own sub language or at least alternate use of words.

I have combed through most of Q's posts and have also monitored the Q boards which are ON 8kun but not everything on 8kun is a Q board...there's some pretty icky stuff on 8kun outside of the boards that follow Q.

Any theory a person claims to debunk Q on is actually debunking a theory put for by a single anon who thinks they solved some puzzle Q put forth...Q itself doesn't do theories.

The anons seem to be verbally brutal to anyone claiming to have figured something out...they tend to shun that in favor of collectively solving the puzzles without ever making claims of success. They tend to suggest an solution and offer their opinion up for debate rather than claim victory.

They promote prayer and inaction...I repeat this because I keep seeing people claim they want to overthrow the government...I have seen no such thing so far.

They warned each other to stay away from all areas of action/protests and turmoil including the January 6th rally. They warned that any trouble would be blamed on them and even posted social media screenshots of antifa/blm of bragging about going to Trump rallies, posing as Trumpers and Q supporters and causing trouble.

They seem to just be a bunch of geeks that like solving puzzles and hoping that good people in Government will expose and rid the departments of the swamp creatures. They have never as of yet suggested anything illegal or violent.

The fact that the Left media continues to demonize them puzzles me as I cannot see where they are a threat to anyone except perhaps themselves, in so far as they devote too much time to trying to figure out things possibly to the extent of sabotaging their own success in the world...though some of them seem extremely intelligent but almost in a savant-esque sort of way. I've seen some figure out some pretty amazing things...to what end? I don't know.

Some seem pretty despondent now that Trump has stepped down...they had great hope that he would prevail against the big government globalist corruption. Others are holding out for the hope that things will get better through exposure of the corruption.

I really dug into those boards for a bit only to find that the media and leftists are fearmongering about a group that seems no more harmful than a group of D&D'ers or some Trekkies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies