Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2021, 09:42 PM

8,215 posts, read 3,412,214 times

Advertisements

I saw a post on Facebook about how to change the "dominant culture." I thought maybe the person who wrote it thinks the dominant culture is represented by Trump supporters, the religious right, traditionalists, libertarians, etc. I said in my opinion the dominant culture is the globalist technocratic elitists.

So which do you think is the dominant culture in the US? Or is it both, or neither?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 09:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,862,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I saw a post on Facebook about how to change the "dominant culture." I thought maybe the person who wrote it thinks the dominant culture is represented by Trump supporters, the religious right, traditionalists, libertarians, etc. I said in my opinion the dominant culture is the globalist technocratic elitists.

So which do you think is the dominant culture in the US? Or is it both, or neither?
I think you are right the dominate or domineering culture is the globalist technocratic elitists who see the culture(s) mostly whites you mentioned as threatening to their agenda and dominate in numbers and so must be dominated.

Old 02-16-2021, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think you are right the dominate or domineering culture is the globalist technocratic elitists who see the culture(s) mostly whites you mentioned as threatening to their agenda and dominate in numbers and so must be dominated.
We had 4 years of a populist revolt, but now they are defeated and the globalist technocrats have control. They control most of the news media, education, big tech, and more.

Things have turned around about 180 degrees since the 1960s. Now the long-haired "hippies" are more likely to be conservatives/libertarians. And the conventional conformists are the liberal/progressives.

It seems to me, but I realize there are exceptions. And each big party contains many factions.

Old 02-16-2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
We had 4 years of a populist revolt, but now they are defeated and the globalist technocrats have control. They control most of the news media, education, big tech, and more.

Things have turned around about 180 degrees since the 1960s. Now the long-haired "hippies" are more likely to be conservatives/libertarians. And the conventional conformists are the liberal/progressives.

It seems to me, but I realize there are exceptions. And each big party contains many factions.
Agree. And the globalists didn't even allow anyone to enjoy the populist revolt and let it have its fair chance or at least 8 years. The whole 4 years the globalists 24/7 saturated with disinformation in their media and promoted riots and basically if they couldn't convince us to vote against populism, extorted people to vote against it by torturing them with manufactured discontent. Covid was the gift from hell or china to the globalists. Some say they even stole the election too but I'd say it's not known if the rigging made the difference.

The globalists are control freaks and it's like being under their occupation.

Old 02-16-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Agree. And the globalists didn't even allow anyone to enjoy the populist revolt and let it have its fair chance or at least 8 years. The whole 4 years the globalists 24/7 saturated with disinformation in their media and promoted riots and basically if they couldn't convince us to vote against populism, extorted people to vote against it by torturing them with manufactured discontent. Covid was the gift from hell or china to the globalists. Some say they even stole the election too but I'd say it's not known if the rigging made the difference.

Controlling all levels of education, and most of the news, may have been their biggest advantage. They got control of people's minds. The college-educated, especially in certain departments. And the less educated who want to seem more educated.

It's ironic when you see "lefty" elitists, looking down at the working class. And that irony explains the Trump phenonmenon, I think.

Old 02-16-2021, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Controlling all levels of education, and most of the news, may have been their biggest advantage. They got control of people's minds. The college-educated, especially in certain departments. And the less educated who want to seem more educated.

It's ironic when you see "lefty" elitists, looking down at the working class. And that irony explains the Trump phenonmenon, I think.
Agree and that they're also so zealous, ardent and constant with using their media and education to control people's minds. They won't let any of what they consider wrongthink or wrongspeech go unpunished. It's really a thinly veiled authoritarianism or dictatorship really. It's not very American.

Old 02-16-2021, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Agree and that they're also so zealous, ardent and constant with using their media and education to control people's minds. They won't let any of what they consider wrongthink or wrongspeech go unpunished. It's really a thinly veiled authoritarianism or dictatorship really. It's not very American.
It is absolutely un-American. But they don't like America very much anyway.

Old 02-17-2021, 12:29 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,506,442 times
It would appear that the rest of the world sees our dominant culture now as "woke leftism". Saw this recently. It's getting pretty bad when France warns they need to man up to avoid our influence. LOL

'Out-of-control woke leftism and cancel culture' from the U.S is a threat to FRANCE because it 'attacks' the nation's heritage and identity, French politicians and intellectuals say

French politicians, prominent intellectuals, and academics are arguing against the influence of America's 'out-of-control leftism and cancel culture'
They claim it is undermining French society and an attack on French heritage
French President Emmanuel Macron in October cautioned against 'certain social science theories entirely imported from the United States'
His Education Minister also warned of a 'battle to wage against an intellectual matrix from American universities'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eader-comments

Old 02-17-2021, 01:26 AM

33,249 posts, read 12,469,854 times
Quote:

You should have had a better leader., and a person with sufficient character.

Some people who didn’t vote for Trump weren’t voting against populism, but rather just didn’t want Trump.

Old 02-17-2021, 05:51 AM

62,852 posts, read 29,085,707 times
According to sociologists, culture consists of the values, beliefs, systems of language, communication, and practices that people share in common and that can be used to define them as a collective.

Unfortunately, via the mind controlling leftists, so-called progressives and too much immigration both legal and illegal our culture is changing and not in a good way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies