Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 05:02 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro1000 View Post
I'm not enjoying any of it. I got friends in Texas and thankfully they're fine. I wish no harm on no one! Its just that California is everybody's whipping boy for past 4-6 years now and the Texas brass has been piling on for some time now even during the natural disasters that we've suffered. What's all the crying about? There's a hundred threads bashing California and its exodus and one little ole measly Texas thread has got you bent out of shape. Suck it up and get some thick skin! Its what we've been doing for years now!
Are you new to the Internet? People have been bashing Texas every time there is some weather event since Internet chat rooms existed. Ditto for California. It’s what happens to large politically powerful states, especially when they have opposing political philosophies. It does not mean most people think this way. It’s just stupid internet crap.

Old 02-17-2021, 05:06 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Are you new to the Internet? People have been bashing Texas every time there is some weather event since I trendy chat rooms existed. Ditto for California. It’s what happens to large politically powerful states, especially when they have opposing political philosophies. It does not mean most people think this way. It’s just stupid internet crap.
Yep

Old 02-17-2021, 05:36 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
I'm not enjoying any of it. I got friends in Texas and thankfully they're fine. I wish no harm on no one! Its just that California is everybody's whipping boy for past 4-6 years now and the Texas brass has been piling on for some time now even during the natural disasters that we've suffered. What's all the crying about? There's a hundred threads bashing California and its exodus and one little ole measly Texas thread has got you bent out of shape. Suck it up and get some thick skin! Its what we've been doing for years now!
What are you, 5 years old? “They did it to me first! I feel bad so I’ll do it to them!”

Grow up.

Old 02-17-2021, 06:43 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenjames View Post
Texas sucks. I wouldn't live there for free. It's hot, humid, dusty, rattlesnake and cockroach infested. No thanks.

Sounds like you are describing a small part of Texas.

Old 02-17-2021, 06:48 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
He's right in saying you are responsible for you. Wait till a big quake hits here you'll see. The one day power outage had folks
starting to turn on each other like starving rats.
What are you talking about? If you're talking about cold weather in Texas, it was a 2.5-day power outage, and there was an amazing amount of cooperation. No turning on one another. You're not in Texas, and you're flat-out lying if that's what you're talking about.

Old 02-17-2021, 06:54 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
You need to do more research. Your whole comment is false. Overall COL is 60 points lower than San Diego. San Diego has a COL index of 177, Maine is 117. National average is 100. So while slightly over national average, it is lower than here by quite a bit. Maine is also one of the few states that splits their electoral votes. As with most places, the cities are blue but the country is red.

Sales tax is lower, income taxes are lower, property taxes are about a wash but you get much more for your money there. We are going from a 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 1k sq ft house on a typical suburban lot that will sell for close to 600k to a 6 bed, 5 bath, 5500 sq ft home on 24 acres for 450k. Our property taxes will be about the same for the new place as they are for our current one.
The person you are responding didn't say anything about San Diego.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:07 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
wish no harm on no one! Its just that California is everybody's whipping boy for past 4-6 years now and the Texas brass has been piling on for some time now even during the natural disasters that we've suffered. What's all the crying about? There's a hundred threads bashing California and its exodus and one little ole measly Texas thread has got you bent out of shape.
LOL...so true.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:54 PM

2,890 posts, read 1,994,903 times
TEXODUS starts in late 2021/early 2022. It's going to take time for people to fix their houses, and list them, so dont expect anything for a while. And, If the summer is record breaking, it will turn very bad. Like years to recover bad.

Covid - icemaggedon - record summer. Ouch. Pray for a mild summer if you live in texas.

Poor/lower middle folks are going to go to arkansas, tennessee, oklahoma, carolinas, and new mexico.

Middle/wealthy are going to go to AZ, florida, California(lol), and other mountain states.

Old 02-17-2021, 08:02 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,066,501 times
Quote:
Texas sucks. I wouldn't live there for free. It's hot, humid, dusty, rattlesnake and cockroach infested. No thanks.
Good please stay away. Texas is unique , people actually help each other, care about their neighbors. And if you have cockroaches and rattle snakes hmmm I never have had either.

Old 02-17-2021, 08:03 PM

8,478 posts, read 4,724,709 times
Quote:
Eh. Never seen a rattlesnake lol. Or a Cottonmouth. Dusty is in the western part of the state, where it isn’t humid!! Lol

Texas has its charms. It’s for sure not for everybody though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies