Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 12:14 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,027,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Your idea falsely asserts that those countries would not be a current source of migrants if we did not intervene in their commie uprising civil wars 40 years ago... you offered no support for this argument. They simply don't follow laws in those countries and are run by corrupt greedy and sometimes drug trade related people. That is not our fault no matter how much you hate republicans.
I never said I hate republicans, It not just the republicans that contributed to the mess there, but democrats as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 06:38 AM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
There has been a significant reduction in the birth rates in Central America and Carribean and it is a trend that is happening around the world. https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...ocations=ZJ-SV With the poorest country in the Americas, Haiti birth rates have significantly declined as well https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...tions=ZJ-SV-HT

Plus the fertility rate for Latin America and the Caribbean is below replacement levels.
The global fertility rate for Latin America and the Caribbean is estimated at 2.04 live births per woman, placing the region for the first time below the level of replacement of 2.1 live births per woman. It is projected that the Global Fertility Rate (GFR) for the region will continue to decline and reach 1.72 by the period 2070-2075.https://www.cepal.org/en/pressreleas...on-levels-2058

You cliam that there is a constant push for people to come to the US from all corners in the world? Well in my country Australia, moving to the US is not a desire for a large majority of the population. It is far safer, and the US does not have universal health care what Australia does.

Neither do a large majority of people from Europe desire to move to the US. Yet with people from developed countries I have spoken to a woman from the Phillipines and I asked her if she would like to move to the USA. She said no, she has no desire, she much perfer to move to Canada with her family.

I have encountered people from the Carribean that would not want to move to the USA too.

Sure many people do want to move to the US, but not everyone wants to.
Never said everyone in the world wants to come to the US, but it's nice that you talked to one lady anecdotally as the basis of your thinking.

Not understanding why you are disagreeing with my comment about overpopulation by citing a slowing growth rate.

If we were on a jet and I told you we were going really fast at 600kmh...I guess you'd say no we aren't we aren't accelerating anymore.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:38 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
What "current migrant crisis"?

Trump is no longer in office, so you can forget about phony state of emergency declarations.
Are you this clueless not to know that there is another caravan on the way up here only Biden will let them all in instead of Trump's policy to make them wait in Mexico? We have millions of illegal aliens in our country already and many bogus asylum seekers also sucking up our jobs, taxes and resources but that's doesn't equate to an emergency?

Old 02-18-2021, 06:39 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Maybe that Trump fellow had a good idea with putting a wall on the southern border.

But you leftists were too blinded with TDS and anti Trump rage to see it, and you want permanent democratic party rule, so you keep the floodgates open.

If the country eventually collapses - you are to blame.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
A country is a piece of land. And very few of the people living in this country had anything to do with creating those conditions. And those of us who didn't have the right and duty to keep these people out.
Exactly! We shouldn't have to pay for what our government did or didn't do long ago by allowing all these foreigners into our country. At some point these countries need to fix their own problems no matter what the perceived cause is.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:45 AM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
The citizens of America are not responsible for what the CIA did, or what government “leaders” decided to do, but the citizens of America will pay for every illegal person who enters our country? I don’t think so. Sorry, but every country has the right to protect its borders. American taxpayers aren’t responsible for what the CIA did.
We have immigration laws. Obey them.
Exactly.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Well there was no quotas for the Mexicans entering the US then, as it was thought they were seasonal workers and went to the US to work on the farms and went back home after their work was finished. That changed then there was a civil like war in the US and many fled to the US. Even just before the 1965 era, there were large waves of undoumented Mexicans entering the US, with the encouragement of farmers looking for cheap labor, plus it was a job what Americans in general did not want. For so long Mexican workers were working in the farms most Americans did not want or employed in industries that did not attract many Americans.

The masses of refugees fleeing war to the US in the 1980s and 1990s from Central America has not stopped since the civil wars ended there, but a new cycle of violence evolved with gang related violence.

Yet they are violent societies and a majority of the guns there are originally from the US. BTW the market in the region expanded steadily during former President Barack Obama’s time in office and appears set to increase under President Donald Trump as well, according to customs data collected by the United Nations Comtrade program. United States approved $2 million to $4 million in gun sales per year to Honduras between 2015 and 2017—the impact of such sales can be substantial in a poor country with a small population and a weak or corrupt government.

Some of those guns went to authorities who turned them on innocent civilians, as the 2017 protests show. The guns seen in the photos seem to have been exported by Colt’s Manufacturing, a Connecticut-based gun-maker. The company did not return phone calls seeking comment. Other weapons ended up in the hands of criminals, through illicit deals involving corrupt army officers, according to a 2017 report by two nongovernmental groups that investigate law enforcement and corruption in Latin America.https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/03/08...ntral-america/

All this is happening, and the US still allows the mass sales of arms in very messy countries. Yet it is well known that the US armed Syrian rebels in Syria and a lot of US arms ended up in the hands of terrorists.

Well
Stop trying to justify illegal immigration from south of our border! As for farm jobs there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers and only 2% of illegals are working on farms anyway while the rest have taken once good paying jobs from Americans such as construction, landscaping, etc. They are just as guilty as those who hire them!

Old 02-18-2021, 10:56 AM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
There has been a significant reduction in the birth rates in Central America and Carribean and it is a trend that is happening around the world. https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...ocations=ZJ-SV With the poorest country in the Americas, Haiti birth rates have significantly declined as well https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...tions=ZJ-SV-HT

Plus the fertility rate for Latin America and the Caribbean is below replacement levels.
The global fertility rate for Latin America and the Caribbean is estimated at 2.04 live births per woman, placing the region for the first time below the level of replacement of 2.1 live births per woman. It is projected that the Global Fertility Rate (GFR) for the region will continue to decline and reach 1.72 by the period 2070-2075.https://www.cepal.org/en/pressreleas...on-levels-2058

You cliam that there is a constant push for people to come to the US from all corners in the world? Well in my country Australia, moving to the US is not a desire for a large majority of the population. It is far safer, and the US does not have universal health care what Australia does.

Neither do a large majority of people from Europe desire to move to the US. Yet with people from developed countries I have spoken to a woman from the Phillipines and I asked her if she would like to move to the USA. She said no, she has no desire, she much perfer to move to Canada with her family.

I have encountered people from the Carribean that would not want to move to the USA too.

Sure many people do want to move to the US, but not everyone wants to.
They really should move to Australia

Old 02-18-2021, 11:16 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterThanTheSpeed View Post
Meh. Don't commit crimes if you were lucky enough to get in the US.

East Asian, Indian: Study hard, go to Ivy League school, work at fortune 500 company.

These people: drop out of school, join gang, do felony and get kicked from the country.

See the difference?

The US did make a mistake though: allowing troublemakers in in the first place. We need real people here, not gang members.
Let me guess: you're East Asian? I can tell by the sense of East Asian superiority.

East Asians, Indians, and Mexican/Central Americans are NOT the only immigrants here. There are also Canadians, Europeans, Africans, Middle Easterners, and Australians who come here, study hard and become productive, law-abiding citizens.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:20 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
Migrants come here because they want to come here, and we let them come here. If either of those conditions changes there will no longer be a "migrant crisis".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies