Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 04:01 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Their business, their rules.
Yep. Not to mention that it's not like she just lost her job designing jet engines, there has to be a few thousand comparable work options in her area.

Old 02-18-2021, 05:46 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,233,142 times
BTW. I've had COVID. Thankfully I was one of the lucky 98.3% that survived.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:07 PM

19,496 posts, read 9,523,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
This is going to become standard practice everywhere. At some point your employer will force you to get vaccinated in order to keep your job or you will need to show proof you are vaccinated to go places.
So will that put them skipping ahead of those 60 - 65 years old and even some other senior citizens 65 + that also want these vaccinations but are still waiting to be called for their appointments?

Old 02-18-2021, 06:21 PM

8,204 posts, read 3,477,514 times
She needs to file for unemployment and find a better employer if she can.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
So will that put them skipping ahead of those 60 - 65 years old and even some other senior citizens 65 + that also want these vaccinations but are still waiting to be called for their appointments?
NY is allowing restaurant workers to vaccinate. That is what brought about Red Hook Tavern's requirement for vaccination for employment.

I sympathize with them as Cuomo/DeBlasio has worked hard to kill the restaurant industry. They are probably hoping to use vaccinations as leverage to fully reopen.

But they are still in the wrong and as long as they embrace the concept of forced vaccinations, I hope they fail. Nothing more than mere collaborators.

Does anyone know if the Red Hook Tavern offers paid leave for side effects for those they coerce to vaccinate?

Last edited by Mad_Jasper; 02-18-2021 at 07:16 PM..

Old 02-18-2021, 08:40 PM

37,092 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
What percentage of the population would that be? I read earlier that roughly 33% of the population were choosing not to vaccinate at this time or questioning whether or not they should vaccinate. Approximately 9% of the US has contracted COVID (at least those we were symptomatic and/or tested). I have not seen any info on the percentage of those that have recovered from COVID in regards to also choosing not to vaccinate.

So what is the magic percentage of COVID infections that is causing the COVID tyrants to support mandatory vaccinations either via government or employment?

And zero is not a "scientific" answer.
There is no magic number. It is up to the business at this point. Keep in mind that an infected employee could infect both customers and other employees. Infection of employees could force closure of the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
NY is allowing restaurant workers to vaccinate. That is what brought about Red Hook Tavern's requirement for vaccination for employment.

I sympathize with them as Cuomo/DeBlasio has worked hard to kill the restaurant industry. They are probably hoping to use vaccinations as leverage to fully reopen.

But they are still in the wrong and as long as they embrace the concept of forced vaccinations, I hope they fail. Nothing more than mere collaborators.

Does anyone know if the Red Hook Tavern offers paid leave for side effects for those they coerce to vaccinate?
Why are they in the wrong and an employee who refuses to take the vaccine and could force closure of the business if she gets infected be in the right?

Old 02-18-2021, 08:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Going back to the specific article.

In New York right now wait staff are not essential workers are they?

The employer issued a memo that was saying when the vaccine was going to be made avialbe to the group they would be required to get it.

From everything we are reading -- for those under 50 --- no health conditions, etc....sounds like that won't be until July or August.

So why would she say anything NOW. Keep working and when it comes time to get the vaccine then you speak up or you start looking for another job -- don't say anything.

Maybe they fired her because they don't want to keep someone who is planning to go and get pregnant?

I can't be the only one thinking this -- am I?

Old 02-18-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seenafewthings View Post
it do not. in fact it is unknown if it even lasts a year. i need more motivation than still mask, still transmit, maybe it lasts 8 months we dont know.
We will need to follow mitigation procedures until the data on duration of protection is available. There is no way to speed that process up.

The Israelis already have info showing that vaccinated people who got infected after the first dose have a lower viral load than those who got infected who were not vaccinated. That implies that the vaccine prevents transmission.

Old 02-18-2021, 09:24 PM

Quote:
developing and will block and reduce.

get back to us when it DOES NOW block and prevent
The data are accruing as we post.

Quote:
a doctor on the radio said kids dont get it or spread it so why take a ris.... he stopped because he knew saying "risk" would excite the dull eyed masses. lol

i find it incredible that kids just seem to be completely out of the formula. there is much to learn about covid. and yet lets line up for the cure?
A vaccine is a preventative, not a "cure".

Trials are underway for adolescents and eventually will be done for younger children. People are complaining about how fast the trials were done for adults out of one side of their mouths and about lack of info on kids out of the other.

Old 02-18-2021, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no magic number. It is up to the business at this point. Keep in mind that an infected employee could infect both customers and other employees. Infection of employees could force closure of the business.
Not if they are vaccinated or wearing the mask of COVID invincibility. Or just choosing to stay home if they are concerned about COVID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Why are they in the wrong and an employee who refuses to take the vaccine and could force closure of the business if she gets infected be in the right?
The 33% that choose to not vaccinate (based on recent polls) apparently have accepted the risks of COVID.
And it's none of anyone's damn business whether or not I am vaccinated, or aware of any other aspects of my personal medical history.

This is the hill I will die on. And it won't be from COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies