Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2021, 02:57 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Are you one of 2 U.S. Senators from Colorado?

And how were people in Texas supposed to keep the power grid from failing? Or keep their pipes from freezing once the grid failed. Pipes aren't buried in the ground in places where it rarely freezes. They're in the slab, the walls, and the attics of houses.

People expect Ted to step up and act like a leader, not take off to a resort in Cancun.
And do WHAT??? He's not a plumber nor an electrician.....

Old 02-19-2021, 03:00 PM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Ironic that a Republican wanted to cross the boarder to give his family a better life.
Life is not going to be good here for the American people......that`s for sure.

Old 02-19-2021, 03:06 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Ironic that a Republican wanted to cross the boarder to give his family a better life.

Thanks, I needed a great out loud laugh, today.

Old 02-19-2021, 03:10 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Hannity had him on last night for an exclusive interview. Cruz said at one point his house was one of the few that had power. His daughters asked him if their friends could stay with them so he and his wife said yes. Cruz said he and his wife were finishing up cooking dinner when they lost power. He had his daughter's friends stay the night and in the morning his daughters asked if they could go somewhere warm. So he talked to his wife and decided to go to Cancun. Cruz admitted he was going to stay only for the weekend, but was going to work remotely. He also said he was in constant contact with his team about the storm. He said he was being advised to come back, and said he began to have second thoughts about staying while at the airport. So he told his wife and kids and their friends that he was going to go back to Texas.

And that's exactly what he did. He came back and is still working. I just find it funny that we now live in a world where so much work gets done remotely, and yet he got so much flack for it. I mean honestly, what would him physically being there do? Would that make the ice thaw faster? He was also taking a moment to be a dad. He's allowed to be a father and a politician at the same time. Many of you would've done the same thing for your family.
Funny.
I guess Ted doesn’t know that his wife’s texts inviting their friends to Cancun while describing their home as “freezing” are public knowledge.

Old 02-19-2021, 03:48 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Well... yes I agree with the comment above... at least he is telling the truth. Its really up to Texans to decide if his actions are worth holding him accountable for .
The truth? On the 4th try, perhaps.

Old 02-19-2021, 03:59 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Dammit, Jim. I'm a politician not an electrician.

Old 02-19-2021, 04:01 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
So I see some conservatives complaining that not enough is being done.

So why isn't Cruz letting us, the President know what needs to get done.

Oh wai t-- he doesn't care -- he cut and ran.

Old 02-19-2021, 04:10 PM

37,179 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Hannity had him on last night for an exclusive interview. Cruz said at one point his house was one of the few that had power. His daughters asked him if their friends could stay with them so he and his wife said yes. Cruz said he and his wife were finishing up cooking dinner when they lost power. He had his daughter's friends stay the night and in the morning his daughters asked if they could go somewhere warm. So he talked to his wife and decided to go to Cancun. Cruz admitted he was going to stay only for the weekend, but was going to work remotely. He also said he was in constant contact with his team about the storm. He said he was being advised to come back, and said he began to have second thoughts about staying while at the airport. So he told his wife and kids and their friends that he was going to go back to Texas.

And that's exactly what he did. He came back and is still working. I just find it funny that we now live in a world where so much work gets done remotely, and yet he got so much flack for it. I mean honestly, what would him physically being there do? Would that make the ice thaw faster? He was also taking a moment to be a dad. He's allowed to be a father and a politician at the same time. Many of you would've done the same thing for your family.
He took his golf clubs and changed his return ticket from Saturday to Thursday on Thursday morning. You need a better news outlet.

Old 02-19-2021, 04:13 PM

37,179 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Call his constituents, organize supply drops for them, and be like AOC- raise two million dollars to help folks get back on their feet.

Old 02-19-2021, 04:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
There are Texan celebrities that could be calle don for morale, fund raising, awareness.

There's actual logistics to be done.

The Mayor o fHouson has not talked to the Governor. The biggest city in Texas hasn't been in touch with the Governor (that was today, late afternoon.

I know - Abbott is busy....but there is room for folks to connect with local communities and officials and listen to what they need.

There is always something to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies