Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2021, 10:47 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,863,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
Fun comments here. Yeah, but what about Cuomo? What about Obama? What about... anyone but Flyin' Ted.
You forgot Hillary and her emails

Old 02-19-2021, 10:52 PM

36,914 posts, read 18,773,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
LOL. Blankets and meals to distribute? Do you know how stupid that sounds? There would be no way to know who needed them. Those people were incommunicado. Be serious.
Beto was working the phones, finding out who needed what and seeing that they got it. Ted should have been doing the same if he has any aspirations of keeping his job, much less running for president.

Ted failed to represent the people of Texas, and demonstrated conclusively that he really doesn’t care as long as he’s got his. Typical Trump move by his disciple.

Old 02-19-2021, 10:56 PM

18,512 posts, read 7,264,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
even if he could do his job better no matter where he is (which he won't), it's just a slap in the face of his constituents..it don't look good to go to Cancun while people are dying in your represented state from an unexpected catastrophe..
There was absolutely nothing Senator Cruz or anyone else could do at the last minute. All the relevant decisions were made weeks, months, and years ago. If you think otherwise, you obviously have no connection to the people living through this weather event.

Old 02-19-2021, 10:56 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,204,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
It doesn't matter. Republicans only hold their elected officials accountable for being never Trumpers...... Cruz could be on yacht with Bannon and the chinese billionaire while texas freezes and he would get reelected . But God forbid he ever said a bad word about Trump or Q and he is toast.
What do democrats hold their elected officials accountable for?

San Fran is a ****thole & has been, yet Pelosi keeps getting elected.

Baltimore is a ****hole & has been, yet Elijah Cummings kept getting re-elected.

Biden spent close to 50 useless years in congress & yet dems actually voted for him.

Old 02-19-2021, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Beto was working the phones, finding out who needed what and seeing that they got it. Ted should have been doing the same if he has any aspirations of keeping his job, much less running for president.

Ted failed to represent the people of Texas, and demonstrated conclusively that he really doesn’t care as long as he’s got his. Typical Trump move by his disciple.
That's right. I forgot. Cruz doesn't have a phone.

And Beto didn't do a damn thing, because there was absolutely nothing he *could* do.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingertea View Post
Perhaps you should take it up with with Governor Abbott if you have a problem with it because he requested the help, and as of today, Cruz and Cornyn have engaged, too. Here's a quote from a letter dated today from Cruz's office...

Look it up if you don't believe me. The letter can be found in its entirety on Cruz's Senate webpage.
He wrote a letter? What in the world is that supposed to prove?

Are you trying to tell us the last five days didn't happen because Abbott wrote a letter?

Old 02-19-2021, 11:04 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,278,409 times
I rip on the left all day and everyday. I voted Trump although I'm not a Republican.

What Cruz did was show an astonishing lack of leadership on many levels.

Yeah, I don't expect him strap on a tool belt and hard hat, but I do expect him to be a leader, facilitator and show some genuine support by being there and with his constituents.

If someone can't see how this was a tremendous lapse in judgment than I don't know what more to say.

People need to drop the partisan horsecrap once in a while and own it. To be honest I expected a bit more from the conservative crowd. The lefties are the problem in my opinion.

Usually.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:06 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,714,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Doesn't your liberal logic ever give you a headache? He literally has 0 responsibility in energy planning or disaster recovery for the state of texas. Do you understand what a US senator does?
Yes. They represent the people of their state.

I see your point. Cruz can represent while sipping a cold drink at senor frogs.....

Tell us all how it it's an honor for Cruz to work hard for the people of Texas while on a nice excursion in Cancun while they freeze and icicles hang from the ceiling fan.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:12 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,714,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I rip on the left all day and everyday. I voted Trump although I'm not a Republican.

What Cruz did was show an astonishing lack of leadership on many levels.

Yeah, I don't expect him strap on a tool belt and hard hat, but I do expect him to be a leader, facilitator and show some genuine support by being there and with his constituents.

If someone can't see how this was a tremendous lapse in judgment than I don't know what more to say.

People need to drop the partisan horsecrap once in a while and own it. To be honest I expected a bit more from the conservative crowd. The lefties are the problem in my opinion.

Usually.
You expected WHAT? Come on. Really? Cruz messed up and because he is a Trump loyalists he will be defended with every talking point available. My fav is "he is a senator not a governor". It's laughable.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:13 PM

2,068 posts, read 988,563 times
I guess no elected California Democrat took any vacation between August and November 2020 while the files raged.

Certainly, no elected Democrat anywhere in the US has taken any vacation since February 2020, during the China virus crisis.

What, exactly, is a US Senator supposed to do during a power outage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies