Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 08:13 AM

761 posts, read 315,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Maybe people of all races and political persuasions are just nervous about cities letting people riot and loot, surges in violence and calls to defund police?

Logically, most serious gun types already had those permits. So whom are the new people?

Also, a number of new license seekers are going to *gasp* be liberals and so forth. They're just not going to tell people. Especially not in the current puritanical phase of the far left slapping scarlett letters around like a pack of right wing church ladies for wrong think.
Yeah, I don’t think it’s just conservatives buying the ammo/guns. Through the last 10 or so years Americans have seen violence and mob/media rule come to their cities like never before. Now it’s getting to close to home for even liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 08:16 AM

78,014 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I live in CA and gun and ammunition stores are out of stock since March of last year. I’ve never seen anything like this including after the tragic school shooting at Newtown in 2012.

So no, it’s not just FL
Any presidential party transition creates the opportunity for gun and ammo sellers to stoke fears of law changes etc. so you better BUY NOW!

The big ammo shortage not that long ago started out that way and then compounded further by human nature (greed) of people buying what they didn't need and profiteering. I knew a guy that told me there were like 5 retired guys in their town that would split up to cover the walmart, target etc. and when one of them put out ammo when they opened (buying limit per person) they'd contact the others and all go there and buy out most of the newly released stock and then turn around and craigslist etc. at 2-3x the price.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:24 AM

628 posts, read 285,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Why do we need so many guns. ? Trump home base? DiSantis taking up the baton? We have to increase the budget for concealed weapons apps. What’s up ?

Gun sales are surging in Florida

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...media=AMP+HTML
Let's just say I think there's a good reason Trump decided to move here other than the fact that NY was sick to death of him. And DeSantis taking up the baton? Absolutely on point, he's a Trump toady to the max. He's more concerned about trying to find a way to punish Twitter for banning Dear Donnie (which he'll never do) than he is about fixing Florida's broken unemployment system and so many other issues.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Camarottop View Post
Yeah, I don’t think it’s just conservatives buying the ammo/guns. Through the last 10 or so years Americans have seen violence and mob/media rule come to their cities like never before. Now it’s getting to close to home for even liberals.
I'm sure there are a lot of libs that have guns that wouldn't want some of their fellow libs to know about and get lectured. Just like there are certainly going to be a number of cons that would keep their views on a few topics on the down-low too.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
Let's just say I think there's a good reason Trump decided to move here other than the fact that NY was sick to death of him. And DeSantis taking up the baton? Absolutely on point, he's a Trump toady to the max. He's more concerned about trying to find a way to punish Twitter for banning Dear Donnie (which he'll never do) than he is about fixing Florida's broken unemployment system and so many other issues.
FYI - He's had a residence there for 35 years so you might want to work on your conspiracy a little more.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:29 AM

18,415 posts, read 7,048,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Why do we need so many guns. ? Trump home base? DiSantis taking up the baton? We have to increase the budget for concealed weapons apps. What’s up ?

Gun sales are surging in Florida

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...media=AMP+HTML

Gun sales are surging all over the country. Have been for months, and will only get worse with Biden pushing extreme gun control.

Happens like clockwork whenever Dems start talking about the subject.

And what do you consider a "right wing extremist"?

Anyone who thinks differently than you?

Old 02-18-2021, 08:31 AM

5,023 posts, read 3,927,455 times
Cuomo certainly had much better success at killing seniors in nursing homes than DeSantis. That fact alone, now that the liberal tabloids and Cuomo cannot conceal it anymore, accounts for Florida sitting even more firmly on the Republican side.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:37 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,906,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Maybe it's the new people moving to Florida from the midwest and northeast attracted by the spirit in Florida. Many Floridians already have their guns. It's must be the new folks.

"Florida last year had the most people in the U.S. move in from other states. It has New York to thank.

New York contributed the most to Florida’s inflow of people, with 63,722 people moving from the Empire State to the Sunshine State in 2017, the U.S. Census Bureau said Monday."

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...te/3616563002/

And since the pandemic ????

"Roughly 950 people move to Florida every day and the state has seen 'unprecedented demand' and an uptick in luxury home sales as people in northern states flee large cities amid the pandemic for more space and sunnier shores."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pandemic.html
I would say you are correct

Old 02-18-2021, 08:40 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,906,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Cuomo certainly had much better success at killing seniors in nursing homes than DeSantis. That fact alone, now that the liberal tabloids and Cuomo cannot conceal it anymore, accounts for Florida sitting even more firmly on the Republican side.
I have said that about Cuomo since it happened, the media and everyone knew that, but kept it quiet or ignored it till after the election.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:45 AM

7,767 posts, read 3,357,885 times
Clearly we're going to have to cancel Florida. Let's start by banning it from twitter and instagram and go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies