Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 05:15 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No, I am correct. Waist measurement as a measure of visceral fat is pseudo science
Think you're correct if it helps you sleep at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2021, 05:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No excuse, these are choices.
I wasn't making excuses - I was answering the posters question.

We didn't have all this crap in the 70's and we also did not have an obesity epidemic.

What is the difference between then and now?

Old 02-21-2021, 05:49 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I see that fat shaming is alive and well in this thread. Pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You may wish to believe that but certain demographic groups are suffering disproportionately high rates of obesity-related diseases and deaths due solely to the fact that they have the highest obesity rates.
Maybe it's also because those groups have higher poverty rates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's so bad now that 'fat acceptance' is becoming mainstream, I cannot go anywhere on the internet without seeing another 'woke' company proudly showing off their obese models.
Why shouldn't larger men and women model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
In less than three hours, she'll have her refrigerator and freezer crammed with ready made breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
Isn't that special. You do realize that some people don't have a stove and/or oven, let alone 6 burners, double ovens, and 2 Insta Pots.

Quote:
P.S.: That "gal" in the video really DOES have a mustache! (Or she's been drinking chocolate milk).
That comment was rude and unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
And how much is a potato or an onion?
An onion isn't going to get you much in the way of nutrition, but it will make food taste better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We didn't have all this crap in the 70's and we also did not have an obesity epidemic.

What is the difference between then and now?
High fructose corn sweetener. Larger portions. That's two.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:51 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
No.

High fructose corn syrup is just sugar (fructose) that comes from corn. You know what else has fructose? Fruits. In fact, many fruit juices without any sweeteners added, have a higher GI than CocaCola.

You know which country still uses sugar to sweeten their drinks? Mexico. They find it easier to grow sugar than we do, because they're largely located in the tropics. Guess who has a higher rate of obesity currently? Mexico.

It's portions, portions. Just because you're poor, doesn't mean you need to order those fries or CocaCola at McDonalds. Everyone is talking about how cheaper it's to eat at McDonalds than buying groceries - not really true, but you know what's definitely true? It'd be cheaper for them to eat less at McDonalds (no fries, no supersize option, no frequent trips) and ask for the water instead of a soda.

Poor people make bad choices. That's usually why they're poor. And unsurprisingly, why they're fat.

Old 02-21-2021, 10:26 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
All the more reason for them to AVOID becoming obese and therefore FAR more susceptible to costly to treat obesity-related diseases like heart disease, diabetes, cancer, organ failure, etc. They can't afford to pay for the health care needed to treat their self-inflicted diseases.

Old 02-21-2021, 10:40 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Really, though, what's is so bad about being obese as long as you don't also have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, are prediabetic and may have yet other health problems?

Old 02-22-2021, 12:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Really, though, what's is so bad about being obese as long as you don't also have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, are prediabetic and may have yet other health problems?
Yes, plus, if you are 'heavier'...your leg muscles should eventually get to be pretty strong!!

Old 02-22-2021, 12:15 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
I see that fat shaming is alive and well in this thread. Pathetic.

Why shouldn't larger men and women model?

Isn't that special. You do realize that some people don't have a stove and/or oven, let alone 6 burners, double ovens, and 2 Insta Pots.

That comment was rude and unnecessary.

An onion isn't going to get you much in the way of nutrition, but it will make food taste better.

About owning large stoves and two Instapots...you'd be surprised what you can afford when you don't blow your money on hair weaves, tats, and having synthetic nails done every week.

If you can't afford an Instapot, crock pots can work well, too..I've seen entire shelves of them at the Goodwill.

Old 02-22-2021, 01:33 AM

1,014 posts, read 480,079 times
They're going to blame the media, then they are going to blame the parents. Then they'll blame the brother or sister. Finally they'll blame a friend in school or at work. But not the individual. This is becoming spiritual. Why do you think they might blame it on others? Because they all think the same. Whoever they hang out with. And this gets spiritual. It becomes natural for the person to overeat. Crockery. I order all my foods personally. I don't use the brother or the mom to order my foods. I order it.

Old 02-22-2021, 04:48 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yet.......It is only a matter of time before an obese person develops these conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies