Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 11:10 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times

Advertisements

They have been done for a while now. Trump only won because of the “rah rah American first” garbage then he gets in there and screws up everything. The majority of the country will be blue from now on for a few elections cycles until the repubs overhaul their party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 11:13 AM

8,494 posts, read 4,738,627 times
I agree with the short memory thing.

Conservatives here will make a lot of noise if it looks like a Democrat will take the governorship. As purple as it looks like Texas is starting to turn, conservatism is still an extremely strong force here. I don’t think ‘24 will be the year for Democrats to win that race.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:32 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandee38 View Post
I am a conservative I even voted for Trump(can't stand him) I look at policy more then the person. For you to say this about a fellow Conservative is why your clueless
Your concern trolling and pearl clutching is well noted and nothing short of pathetic. No need to fake your politics on our behalf. It would benefit you more to do that on facebook where you can see people and get the attention you desperately crave.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
They have been done for a while now. Trump only won because of the “rah rah American first” garbage then he gets in there and screws up everything. The majority of the country will be blue from now on for a few elections cycles until the repubs overhaul their party
He actually was wildly effective. Did what he said he'd do.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:55 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
Quote:
As a Conservative I just want to get some thoughts on this idea. The Governor should be replaced by someone more compassionate ad willing to correct this mistake, but the independents are already saying they want Dems now. Thoughts

I have my doubts that you're a conservative, but what do you expect him to do to correct the mistake in the middle of the event? This summer is where the real course correction will start. I'd also like to know how much Texas can do on their own (I'd love to see them take the lead on new Nuclear designs), without running into the buzz saw of federal regulation. Nobody considers that the heavy hand of the Feds often prevents you from solving problems at the local level.

Old 02-18-2021, 12:03 PM

321 posts, read 128,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
I have my doubts that you're a conservative, but what do you expect him to do to correct the mistake in the middle of the event? This summer is where the real course correction will start. I'd also like to know how much Texas can do on their own (I'd love to see them take the lead on new Nuclear designs), without running into the buzz saw of federal regulation. Nobody considers that the heavy hand of the Feds often prevents you from solving problems at the local level.
So I can't be a conservative because I have some compassion lol get a clue
I want deregulation of a lot of government control. But they should have weatherized the damn thing. Quit being a Troll

Old 02-20-2021, 09:25 AM

321 posts, read 128,852 times
I know AOC and Beto are working in TX makes the REPs look bad

Old 02-20-2021, 09:30 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
Nobody is going to want the liberals in charge once Biden gets done killing jobs and overloading the state with illegal aliens.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:11 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatecake1977 View Post
I believe Governor Abbott will be term limited. Voters tend to have short memories and I'm not sure how someone can blame a political party for any of this. This was a once in a lifetime storm, not a regular occurrence.
This is the 3rd once in a lifetime storm in my lifetime.

ERCOT ignored the rule about the producers having the ability to produce 15% more energy than is necessary. The PUC ignored that ERCOT was breaking the rules.

The petroleum companies did not prepare their pipelines. And the price of natural gas has just soared. Some producers are doing better than Bezos

Old 02-20-2021, 04:21 PM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
As a Conservative I just want to get some thoughts on this idea. The Governor should be replaced by someone more compassionate ad willing to correct this mistake, but the independents are already saying they want Dems now. Thoughts

What are you talking about? What does "correct this mistake" mean? As far as am I aware there's been no systemic failure of Texas government that would warrant such talk.

In case you're one of those people naive enough to think that it is smart to plan (and pay for said contingency plans for 99 years with zero benefit) for a 100 year event, I have bad news for you: doing so is bad management, period. Getting ridding of responsible government officials to replace them idiots who think its possible to prevent every single bad thing that could happen from coming to fruition is beyond insane. This is precisely why there should be some sort of basic intelligence/knowledge/lack of cognitive dissonance test before allowing people to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies