Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 10:39 PM

31,839 posts, read 14,824,721 times

Advertisements

Giving a $100,000 to St Judes is wonderful. I wouldn't call it whooping though compared to the Gates giving billions to charities.

Old 02-19-2021, 10:40 PM

10,068 posts, read 5,681,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
for real. he made about $85MM a year and reportedly worth $700MM. Maybe other donations will come out.

But as a % of income, I give them & Boys&Girls Club multiples annually of what Rush did once.
Being worth 700 million doesn't mean you have 700 million in accessible ready in hand cash. You don't know what kind of debt he had going on. Plus he has donated to numerous charities over the years totaling millions of dollars.

Of course, nothing would satisfy the haters. He could have donated every penny and both kidneys and all his organs to science and they would still gripe.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:36 AM

2,013 posts, read 862,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRosencranz View Post
Wow conservatives really do have sticks firmly placed up their asses.

It's called a joke. A one liner. Badupump!

In reality as a liberal I am very careful who I give charity to in the sense of what organizations. Too many are set up to support the staff rather than the cause. If the percentage of funds is off they are not getting my money. I'm suspicious of professional non-profits. TRUMP FOUNDATION is a perfect example.

Actually St Jude is a good one. I can understand why Rush would be loathe to admit he gave money to a CATHOLIC charity. He didn't want to offend his FUNDIE fans. I love that money made from his so called Christian fans was used to fund a CATHOLIC charity. That's the Art of War stuff.

There is another good Art of War story about how Chrissie Hynde once made him donate $100,000 to PETA -- an organization he, of course, despised.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2021-...check-to-peta/

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
up until 1987 we had an FCC rule that regulated equal time between opposing points of view the conservatives abolished the "fair play" part...

the rule only applied to airwaves and not cable however it was that ruling which has led to the meanness we see today...if not rush then another would be be blamed

Thank you ronnie raygun!

How Rush Limbaugh's rise after the gutting of the fairness doctrine led to today's highly partisan media.

Limbaugh’s success after President Reagan declawed the doctrine gave rise to others and provided encouragement for Fox News’ 1996 launch.

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-ed...artisan-media/

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies