Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 07:20 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
So when is Coca Cola going to tell their employees to be less black, less gay, less muslim, less asian?
I wouldn't hold my breath for any of that to happen.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:33 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,187 times
How does one become less white, black, man woman?

Old 02-23-2021, 07:39 AM

5,173 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Hmmm. Try to be less white. I would take that as an order to take a vacation and go work on my tan.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:42 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Cept this was not a Coca Cola training program.

It, like many employers, gives access to the 16,000 LinkedIn training modules. Here is a list of their most popular courses:

https://www.linkedin.com/business/le...es-of-the-year

Anyone can access these courses for a one month free trial and a monthly fee thereafter. Many employers make it available to their employees as a benefit.

This is not breaking news.

No whistleblower

No one was forced

Nothing leaked

It’s just one more example of misleading clickbait from a source known for publishing misinformation and conspiracy theories for profit.

Credible sources retract when they get it wrong. GP is not one of them.
Right, MS. Contrary, the woke anti white movement is all imaginary.

Nothing to see here, Baghdad Bob.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:

It, like many employers, gives access to the 16,000 LinkedIn training modules. Here is a list of their most popular courses:

Anyone can access these courses for a one month free trial and a monthly fee thereafter. Many employers make it available to their employees as a benefit.

No whistleblower

No one was forced

Nothing leaked

It’s just one more example of misleading clickbait from a source known for publishing misinformation and conspiracy theories for profit.

I do think that Coca Cola -- if they linked that training to their employees -- has some responsibility to make sure the content is appropriate.

They were careless and not thorough by making sure the content was appropriate.

But it most definitely wasn't a Coca Cola training program.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:51 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:

So if I push my employees to take the White Power course from the KKK, I am in no way liable because my company did not directly create the training course?? Okay, got it.

Quote:

No whistleblower

No one was forced

Nothing leaked

Sadly you are right, at least to some extent. This isn't anything new. Anti-white racist propaganda is massively popular in companies and government agencies all across the country and the entire Western World. Whether there was any level of coercion is irrelevant, but I know for a fact that some very racist diversity courses have been mandatory for all employees for years now. Any company who promotes the "Hey whitey! Hate yourself!" agenda in any way ought to be sued into oblivion. Companies have actively discriminated against white people in their hiring practices for years, in hopes of putting together a diverse rainbow they can use to virtue signal and feel good about themselves.

Retractions are political f-ckery games. CNN can lie quite spectacularly with their leading story. Then they issue a correction a week later on Friday night at 2AM. The vast majority of the people who read the blatantly false initial story never read the retraction/updates. This is exactly how you can perpetuate some pretty blatant lies like "Very fine people on both sides" being an explicit endorsement of white supremacists and extremists. Trump clarified that he's not talking about the Far Right and fully condemns them in the same speech, but activist-driven news conveniently disregards facts like that.

There is no "better" or "more honorable news media" out there. They all lie their butts off every single day because they're political activists first and journalists as a distant second. Often, the only difference is how blatant each news media outlet is. Some do a better job of pretending to be honest.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:54 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I do think that Coca Cola -- if they linked that training to their employees -- has some responsibility to make sure the content is appropriate.

I agree there's no evidence Coke made that video mandatory. The Coke logo simply means the page was accessed via the Coke Linkedin account.

I disagree that Coke didn't know the content of the video. No company that size with huge Human Resources and Diversity offices isn't fully aware of Robin DiAngelo and the content of her 'training' videos.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
So if I push my employees to take the White Power course from the KKK, I am in no way liable because my company did not directly create the training course?? Okay, got it.

Sadly you are right, at least to some extent. This isn't anything new. Anti-white racist propaganda is massively popular in companies and government agencies all across the country and the entire Western World. Whether there was any level of coercion is irrelevant, but I know for a fact that some very racist diversity courses have been mandatory for all employees for years now. Any company who promotes the "Hey whitey! Hate yourself!" agenda in any way ought to be sued into oblivion. Companies have actively discriminated against white people in their hiring practices for years, in hopes of putting together a diverse rainbow they can use to virtue signal and feel good about themselves.

Retractions are political f-ckery games. CNN can lie quite spectacularly with their leading story. Then they issue a correction a week later on Friday night at 2AM. The vast majority of the people who read the blatantly false initial story never read the retraction/updates. This is exactly how you can perpetuate some pretty blatant lies like "Very fine people on both sides" being an explicit endorsement of white supremacists and extremists. Trump clarified that he's not talking about the Far Right and fully condemns them in the same speech, but activist-driven news conveniently disregards facts like that.

There is no "better" or "more honorable news media" out there. They all lie their butts off every single day because they're political activists first and journalists as a distant second. Often, the only difference is how blatant each news media outlet is. Some do a better job of pretending to be honest.
How did they push the employees to take it?

Old 02-23-2021, 09:01 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Right, MS. Contrary, the woke anti white movement is all imaginary.

Nothing to see here, Baghdad Bob.
Outsourcing self hatred.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:04 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

Who knows if corporate was even aware it existed given LinkedIn has 16,000 modules.
On the other hand, with Coca-Cola’s history of racial discrimination and financial commitment to anti racism in the workplace, maybe it had no problem with it.

It settled a massive class action racial discrimination lawsuit in 2000 for $192.5 million ( nearly $300 million in current USD). This included direct payments to thousands of employees, wage adjustments and a long term commitment to eliminating discrimination in ass aspects of employment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies