Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 09:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
So if I push my employees to take the White Power course from the KKK, I am in no way liable because my company did not directly create the training course?? Okay, got it.

Sadly you are right, at least to some extent. This isn't anything new. Anti-white racist propaganda is massively popular in companies and government agencies all across the country and the entire Western World. Whether there was any level of coercion is irrelevant, but I know for a fact that some very racist diversity courses have been mandatory for all employees for years now. Any company who promotes the "Hey whitey! Hate yourself!" agenda in any way ought to be sued into oblivion. Companies have actively discriminated against white people in their hiring practices for years, in hopes of putting together a diverse rainbow they can use to virtue signal and feel good about themselves.

Retractions are political f-ckery games. CNN can lie quite spectacularly with their leading story. Then they issue a correction a week later on Friday night at 2AM. The vast majority of the people who read the blatantly false initial story never read the retraction/updates. This is exactly how you can perpetuate some pretty blatant lies like "Very fine people on both sides" being an explicit endorsement of white supremacists and extremists. Trump clarified that he's not talking about the Far Right and fully condemns them in the same speech, but activist-driven news conveniently disregards facts like that.

There is no "better" or "more honorable news media" out there. They all lie their butts off every single day because they're political activists first and journalists as a distant second. Often, the only difference is how blatant each news media outlet is. Some do a better job of pretending to be honest.
It is not clear Coca Cola pushed this particular module, or not. Their employees have access to 16,000 LinkedIn modules.

I am white and take no offense at this particular module. It does not even register. I don’t feel superior to others based on my race or ethnicity and I say this as someone whose father was KKK.

Nonetheless, I appreciate some people feel threatened by it. I am fairly certain it would have triggered my father, if he was still around.

Pendulums tends to swing from side to side before settling in the middle.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 02-23-2021 at 09:26 AM..

Old 02-23-2021, 09:25 AM

LinkedIn announced the “ Confronting Racism” course is no longer available in our course library at the request of the third party content creator.

Instead of leading with “ to be less white” it could simply state to get along with others, be less:

Arrogant
Certain
Defensive
Ignorant , and

Be more:
Humble and listen.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It is not clear Coca Cola pushed this particular module, or not. Their employees have access to 16,000 LinkedIn modules.

I am white and take no offense at this particular module. It does not even register. I don’t feel superior to others based on my race or ethnicity and I say this as someone whose father was KKK.

Nonetheless, I appreciate some people feel threatened by it. I am fairly certain it would have triggered my father, if he was still around.

Wow. You’re taking a racist edict - to “act less white” - and turning it around to say how some whites could be triggered by it - a subtle put down against the whites. Are we not allowed to be appalled by the rampant anti-white crap sweeping the nation? This memo is a prime example.

Old 02-23-2021, 10:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:

Wake up and acknowledge your whiteness and bias. DiAngelo and all the other 'trainers' will tell you that you have subconscious biases and preconceived ideas you're either unaware of or cannot admit. Those subconscious thoughts are learned through your experiences and are so deeply rooted that you are oblivious to them.

Then, if you deny the training's truth, you'll get a training course in 'white fragility.'

Old 02-23-2021, 10:16 AM

4,061 posts, read 2,137,280 times
Quote:

I don’t feel threatened by it. The fact that it doesn’t register/matter to you may be of issue to people of color or the proponents of critical race theory or employers using it in their training. They would say that it is ignorance or denial or white fragility that is preventing it from registering with you and that it shows how ingrained it is and how much more training is needed. They would say it’s like people insisting that they don’t see color, which is of course ridiculous. We see that someone is a redhead or has brown hair...why would our eyes and brain not perceive skin color? And so it is with it not registering with you or offending you. It is very much anti white, grouping all whites together and attributing negative characteristics. It would probably register with you if they were using the same or different negative characteristics about people of color. You may not identify yourself as having of those attributes, like being arrogant or ignorant, but their point is that you do..because of the skin color you were born with!

As you said in a later post, it would be preferable if they just had do’s and don’t s. Actual behaviors that can be exhibited by any human being, not just men or whites. Because I believe in racial equality, that means I see every human of having the capacity to be kind, smart, ethical, hard working, etc. I also think every human has the capacity to be arrogant, oppressive, ignorant...all the qualities that they said white people have.

Last edited by jazzcat22; 02-23-2021 at 10:46 AM..

Old 02-23-2021, 10:19 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,052,447 times
One guy twetted this one about Coca-cola PR stunt.
https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1364230943121281031

Old 02-23-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Wow. You’re taking a racist edict - to “act less white” - and turning it around to say how some whites could be triggered by it - a subtle put down against the whites. Are we not allowed to be appalled by the rampant anti-white crap sweeping the nation? This memo is a prime example.
No question some people’s sense of self worth is based on their perception of being superior to other people based on race and/ or ethnicity and/ or religion. My father was one of them.

I wonder what some people might list if the topic was to “ act less black”.

At the end of the day, people have far more common ground than differences, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, etc., if/ when they avoid using broad brushes.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:13 AM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:

Coke responded. While the video itself is not Coke's they do use in in their "diversity training" as a module.

https://www.newsweek.com/coca-cola-f...lusion-1570875

Old 02-23-2021, 11:33 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
No question some people’s sense of self worth is based on their perception of being superior to other people based on race and/ or ethnicity and/ or religion. My father was one of them.

I wonder what some people might list if the topic was to “ act less black”.

At the end of the day, people have far more common ground than differences, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, etc., if/ when they avoid using broad brushes.
There was nothing in there about people thinking they’re superior to others based on race. The memo was expressing that whiteness is a negative, hence the request to act less white.

It would be the same as if my employer told me to “act less Jewish.” Clearly, an insult to Jews.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:04 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
There was nothing in there about people thinking they’re superior to others based on race. The memo was expressing that whiteness is a negative, hence the request to act less white.

It would be the same as if my employer told me to “act less Jewish.” Clearly, an insult to Jews.
Although the memo is implying if not expressing whites are morally inferior and have certain undesirable traits relative to non-whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies