Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 10:13 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,906 times

Advertisements

I'd be more interested in seeing the tax cheating done by all the members of congress, they're the one's that spend our money, not the president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 10:27 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How many Presidents since Nixon started the whole releasing your tax returns "tradition" were millionaires coming in to office?
Don't know why you ask, but more than half: Reagan, both Bushes, Obama and Trump. Carter and Clinton, no.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:17 AM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
When Donald Trump refused to release his tax returns, many people reacted with outrage. But in reality, should how much a candidate paid or didn’t pay in taxes be the general public’s business? I hope this can be answered “yes” or “no”.
No.

The required financial disclosures, while not as specific, give more information than a tax return.

Old 02-23-2021, 01:52 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Let's see the link.
One that comes to mind was the suit against trump university which was both a class action and ny AG. You can look it up yourself and I’m sure there will be references to others.
His legal troubles and sleezy business practices are both notorious and wide ranging.

Old 02-23-2021, 02:09 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,972 times
Quote:
When Donald Trump refused to release his tax returns, many people reacted with outrage. But in reality, should how much a candidate paid or didn’t pay in taxes be the general public’s business? I hope this can be answered “yes” or “no”.
We all know its just a DEM fishing expedition hoping Trump is worth less than the 10 billion he claimed........but in fact the average guy on the street couldn't even begin to decipher Trumps tax returns or what he is worth..........

Old 02-23-2021, 02:47 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
The DA in NYC is seeking Trump's tax records as evidence in a criminal investigation. Not to be released as public information. That's a separate question - and, yes I think voters should have insight into a candidate's tax records. Trump is not a candidate at the moment.
Oh, please. They will be leaked and this is just revenge and to signal to any person who tries to run against the Machine to not do it.

Old 02-23-2021, 03:01 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
We all know its just a DEM fishing expedition hoping Trump is worth less than the 10 billion he claimed........but in fact the average guy on the street couldn't even begin to decipher Trumps tax returns or what he is worth..........
You ever heard of "forensic accountants".

Old 02-23-2021, 03:35 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times
Quote:
I am not sure how many people were "outraged" that Trump didn't release his tax returns. I couldn't have cared less. How much someone did or did not pay in taxes would ever effect my vote.

No is my answer. No one should be required to release their taxes. Now medical records.......

Old 02-23-2021, 04:33 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I am not sure how many people were "outraged" that Trump didn't release his tax returns. I couldn't have cared less. How much someone did or did not pay in taxes would ever effect my vote.

No is my answer. No one should be required to release their taxes. Now medical records.......
If they want tax record disclosure to be a requirement than make it a law and identify how many years and what forms. The problem may be for those who are coming from a Business Background, much of that could be proprietary business practices that should remain private.

How about this the IRS can provide a summary of the final candidates over the last 4 years. Just say they made, they paid, they donated beyond that what real purpose does the disclosure provide.

For medical no one should have to disclose private medical conditions. Again let the final candidates have a physical at Bethesda Medical based on a specific criteria. The doctor can only report that the candidate does/does not meet the health requirements for office, same as those who join the military.

Old 02-23-2021, 04:35 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
I have a feeling that how much Trump paid or didn't pay isn't at the heart of what is in his tax returns. There seem to be other issues as well. That being said, I think a presidential candidate's tax returns should be released. But I'm content to have the SDNY have his right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies