Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 12:22 PM

30,148 posts, read 11,783,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You're trying to make it sound like he's had problems with each and every person who'd ever worked with him. He's been in business for decades and before becoming president he'd had 500 businesses where he's the sole or principal owner. How many people do you suppose worked for him both directly and indirectly in all of his businesses over the decades? I don't really recall many coming out publicly with their stories before Trump became president. Sure there were a few who seemed to have problems, but the majority of those who worked for him didn't seem to have any problems.
Directly? Probably not many. Who was closer to him than Michael Cohen for years? Outside of his family?
Quote:
Seems many who have that axe to grind do so because they are trying to get something out of it .. fame, money, lucrative positions elsewhere, books to sell, etc., especially after he'd become president where he and they were in the fishbowl.
Policy wise he was head and shoulders above Biden or Obama before him. Its sad to see what Biden is doing. As a person he manages to rub a lot of people the wrong way. Sure they might all be out to make a buck. But why have previous administrations not has the same problem? Everyone wants to make a buck but its the people surrounding Trump that cashed in for some reason. So many have turned on him. I have been in business forever. If you are a good person and treat people right its rare that they will turn on you. Same as a POTUS or really and position of management or authority. Even the Clintons who are very polarizing and hated by so many. Very few past acquaintances have come out with tell all books, etc . Obama never had this problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 12:23 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Cohen knows everything about Trump. He was protected while in office but he's fair game now. You have to wonder why he's fought so hard, all these years, trying to prevent his taxes being released.
Because when they do get released, people claim he cheats on his taxes to only pay $750 a year or two.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:25 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I guess if anyone would know its Michael Cohen
What a strange take, Cohen was Trump's personal fixer. He has nothing to do with Trump's business accounting which were produced by institutional quality accounting firms.

Trump may or may not get convicted of some sort of accounting impropriety, if so then Cohen has no clue if it's likely or not

Old 02-23-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Cohen knows everything about Trump. He was protected while in office but he's fair game now. You have to wonder why he's fought so hard, all these years, trying to prevent his taxes being released.
oh, PS - from the quoted in the OP:

Quote:
Cohen said he's not sure what exactly the documents may reveal
jeebus, people.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
If he even sees a month in jail, they will lose their minds.

I would hate to run that jail. If he doesn't coddle Trump he will get sued for the rest of his life. Probably get death threats from the cult. And there is no way Trumps time would look like anyone elses cause gen pop is just not a option. Plus there is the secret service agents. Trumps going to have a wing of a jail to himself. And everyone seeing that will lose their minds claiming that was another example of special privileged, and elites. And they would be right. But also....this is reality, we cant put him in with the gen pop.

And thats just for him showing up for hearings.

If he does fed time-its club fed, him and madoff can compare times they fooled people. And even then-secret service in a prison. Are they armed? The co-ordination is going to make running that prison a nightmare. Plus all the death threats and lawsuits. His lawyers will probably bring him ice cream, and steak. Every day as they discuss the thousands of lawsuits he is filing.

He will spend 2K a hour in attorneys to have food brought in while they chat about things.

The insanity that would ensue from all of this will be epic. His biggest risk would be another twitter event like being told he had to get a judges permission before filing a case, and can only present a case once a week.

He will probably make the lawsuit over that that puts a hold on it that goes on until he dies of old age. And then proceed to make everyones life miserable.

And then probably make a tv show out of it. Call it "You're sued" or something. It will be utterly insane, and everyone will watch it with a horrified look, or a excited look. But everyone will watch. And he will make a ton of money.

Worst timeline ever.
the fantasies running through your mind on this. You should really hop to penning a novel, so you can sell it to like-minded folks before cold hard proven reality screws it up.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Eh, it's an expensive PITA and time-sucker. So, yeah, he probably is annoyed at the hassle. Personal consequences other than fines and penalties for mistakes made by tax preparers and accountants - none. No one can prove he knew and with intent ordered any illegal/fraudulent action. I heard Andrew Weissmann on MSNBC tonight echo my belief exactly. Can they prove intent? Unlikely. Too many buffers. He'll soon be on the road holding his rallies.
Debbie Downer!

Hint: He may lose a case for $180MM+/- though!1!11!!!!

and have to refund the refund of $180MM.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:41 PM

2,896 posts, read 991,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlovsdog View Post
The left is full of so much hate. I can’t imagine the Dr. bills and prescriptions they must pay for. So much hatred is not healthy and leads to sickness and disease. Is it really worth it?
YES! *shoves pills in my mouth by the handful*

Welcome to the forum, New Poster.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Yep.

If he has no knowledge of the tax returns then how can he be sure there's something hinky in them?
If he knows as much as you think he does, why does he settle for making the occasional 'Trump is going down' comments, with nothing to back his comments up, instead of offering everything he knows to the Manhattan DA or to the press? He probably doesn't know as much as you think he does. Like many with an axe to grind he's just hoping and wishing that one of his predictions might eventually come true.
good ol' Lanny Davis, after Cohen was sentenced to 3 years:

Quote:
“Michael Cohen, former attorney to Donald Trump, continues to tell the truth about Donald Trump’s misconduct over the years.

At the appropriate time, after Mr. Mueller completes his investigation and issues his final report, I look forward to assisting Michael to state publicly all he knows about Mr. Trump — and that includes any appropriate Congressional committee interested in the search for truth and the difference between facts and lies. Mr. Trump’s repeated lies cannot contradict stubborn facts.

Michael has owned up to his mistakes and fully cooperated with Special Counsel Mueller in his investigation over possible Trump campaign collusion with Russian meddling in the 2016 election. While Mr. Mueller gave Michael significant credit for cooperation on the “core” issues, it is unfortunate that SDNY prosecutors did not do the same. To me, their judgment showed a lack of appropriate proportionality.
Now, some of the TDS'ers surely paid more attention than I, but I don't recall any Cohen bombshells four months later when the report was released, or in the ensuing 20 months.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I agree. No matter how guilty, nothing will happen to "Teflon Don."

However, I am happy to see the Majority Conservative US Supreme Court ordering the handover of his tax return docs. A small victory of sorts.

Isn't it refreshing to see a Supreme Court rule on the law, not what they wish the law was?

Old 02-23-2021, 01:16 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,916,627 times
Honestly, no one fights as hard as Trump did to hide their personal financial information from being released if they didn't have something major to hide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies