Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 01:09 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
He was impeached twice just not convicted. You understand the difference between impeachment in the house and conviction in the senate? Clinton was also impeached and not convicted. And by the way I was against both impeachments. Democrats were wrong on both impeachments. The 2nd was probably illegal. I was OK with the Clinton impeachment.

I don't think he will end up in jail. But Cohen knows a lot more about Trumps dealings than you or I.

Of course, the problem with Cohen is that he's Cohen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 01:35 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Cohen knows everything about Trump. He was protected while in office but he's fair game now. You have to wonder why he's fought so hard, all these years, trying to prevent his taxes being released.
I would too.

On principle.

Before his lie/promise to release them, he should have said he wasn't going to release them and let the chips fall where they may politically (it's not a legal requirement for running for President, and people would have been free to not vote for him based on a statement that he wouldn't release them). But he was too much of a coward to do that.

He should have released them because he promised that he would.

Old 05-26-2021, 02:23 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyTacos911_ View Post
Right? I mean I’d like to see it but Im not holding my breath.
You've already seen it.

Twice.

Trump was impeached twice, and will forever be impeached twice.

Impeachment is a House action.

Once at least one article of impeachment has passed a vote on the House floor (not in committee), the President has been impeached.

The Senate trial is nominally called an impeachment trial, but it decides whether or not the President is removed from office, not impeachment or not.

Bill Clinton was impeached. He's not 'less impeached' because the Senate acquitted him.

Same with Trump.

Old 05-26-2021, 06:03 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Donald Trump can't say he's being audited now. Lock this foul person up!

Old 05-26-2021, 06:12 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
If Trump does jail time it will be for the crime of being an unmanageable outsider in D.C.
He must be made an example of to warn off the rest.

Old 05-26-2021, 06:13 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I guess if anyone would know its Michael Cohen. He is biased and cynical at this point but I would not bet against it.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/96833...-end-jail-time

Former President Donald Trump's ex-attorney Michael Cohen told MSNBC's Katy Tur that he thinks his old client ought to start looking into getting a "custom made jumpsuit."

Cohen's prediction that Trump could wind up in jail came a few hours after the Supreme Court ruled that Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance can obtain Trump's tax returns as part of New York prosecutors' investigation into his past business dealings. Cohen said he's not sure what exactly the documents may reveal, but was confident enough to claim "it does not look good for" Trump.
I would like to think that, but I'm not optimistic.

Old 05-26-2021, 06:14 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If Trump does jail time it will be for the crime of being an unmanageable outsider in D.C.
He must be made an example of to warn off the rest.
You don't get jail time for being an unmanageable outsider in DC, lol. But if that helps you.

Old 05-26-2021, 06:16 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
LMAO at Cohen. If he said because Trump wouldn’t see jail time, nobody would pay attention. Stirring up the haters, however, brings more hope and wishful thinking.

Old 05-26-2021, 06:16 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Trump will find somebody to take the fall. Possibly one of his spawn, or a lawyer.

Old 05-26-2021, 07:03 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Trump will find somebody to take the fall. Possibly one of his spawn, or a lawyer.
Lol. His kids aren’t going to or need to take any fall.

Word here is he doesn’t have any lawyers because he doesn’t pay them, so no worries there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies