Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2021, 08:36 PM

18,803 posts, read 8,461,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I'm thinking ahead, always have. Back in February on this forum, I was warning posters of an economic crash due to Covid while none of you were taking it seriously. Serger very well remembers when I predicted Europe's second wave back in July. I'm predicting here and now, you will need boosters. It's just too much money to be passed up. They will find a reason for you guys to be taking boosters, just like they keep pushing vaccines for the flu despite them not working.
Good for you. I turned believer along with most of my colleagues in March when I and my wife got the Covid.

I've invested in the markets since the '70's, and specifically tried to buy the Pandemic nadir. Of course the stock markets are not the economy, but a large part and a predictor. I was 'disappointed' when the crash was not as severe as I'd 'hoped'.

Past work with other coronaviruses suggests that the virus will linger. But we simply do not know yet.
If there is money to be made with future vaccines, I would hope that my stock advisors are onto it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 09:06 PM

8,107 posts, read 3,661,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Interesting, no excess deaths? Not one? So there are no documented cases of people dying from this vaccine? Are you gonna die on that hill?
Correct. There was a very small number of cases with allergic reactions (mostly from predisposed, can happen with anything), but I'm not aware of any deaths in US.

No, as in no significant difference, vaccine or not. 10s of thousands were in the matched groups in the trials, no difference. None.

Speaking of hills: are you gonna die on the hill of comparing Covid severe effects and deaths with the vaccine's, lol?

Old 02-23-2021, 11:28 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,858,919 times
https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...d-their-lipids

From a doctor's comment in there:

Quote:
The nightmare scenario would be if e.g. the mRNA vaccines’ lipid nanoparticles are, indeed, crossing the BBB and getting endocytosed into critical glial cells, like oligodendrocytes, or even worse, into neurons themselves in the brain and spinal cord, putting a bullseye on these critical cells for cytotoxic CD8 lymphocytes. If so, we’d be setting the stage for a rash of multiple sclerosis and ALS-type clinical scenarios down the road with multiple boosters. My old medical colleagues have been getting especially concerned about this possibility, and I think this may be behind the recent sharp plunge in willingness among more and more healthcare workers to take the mRNA vaccines.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:58 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
You have those that created the virus who are the experts but that doesn't mean they'll tell the truth about it. They've actually been pushing disinformation since the beginning.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:04 AM

4,847 posts, read 2,663,915 times
got my 2nd shot last evening..I can eat kryptonite now..

Old 02-24-2021, 07:18 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,754,397 times
I would have most likely taken the vaccine last May had it been available. It was the beginning of Covid and I was definitely concerned for a period of time and willingly took all the necessary precautions that were recommended. As Covid has unfolded over the past year, my opinion has greatly changed based not only on the statistical data, but also those I know that have already had Covid. I have no concern for Covid now as I see the risks being extremely low and because of this have no desire to get the vaccine. I will let those in high risk categories that feel the need for it, to get it first before I would ever even consider getting it myself.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:51 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Got my second a couple days ago. Same sore arm, but a nastier headache than the first one. I think the tracking/mind altering chip may have moved to my brain. Headache gone today but I find myself wanting to tune to MSNBC and my scalp burned when I put on my MAGA hat this morning. Weird.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:54 AM

18,803 posts, read 8,461,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
got my 2nd shot last evening..I can eat kryptonite now..
In 2 weeks...

Old 02-24-2021, 08:27 AM

15,816 posts, read 6,523,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Very seldom.
You could say that they "very seldom" happen for either the vaccine or COVID-19. But you still need to weigh your risks. It's a bit like weighing the risk of wearing a seat belt. You'll very seldom need it, but when you do it can save your life (as it did with Tiger Woods). You can also get injured from improperly wearing a seat belt. Seat belts can also encourage you to take more risks while driving, which could increase your accident risk. Risks need to be managed.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:31 AM

15,816 posts, read 6,523,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I think the vaccines are going to intersect with some natural herd immunity making Covid go down to very low levels by summer. Biden will get all the credit.
The scientists will get the credit for the vaccines. Biden will get credit for encouraging proper quarantine behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies