Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2021, 09:47 AM

8,174 posts, read 3,371,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The vaccine protects people of all ages from the virus. It works in 85-95% of all cases.
Based on a sample of a few hundred. There were thousands in the studies, but only a small percent caught the virus. Very deceptive statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 09:50 AM

25,286 posts, read 18,433,559 times
Since my chance of survival should I contract covid is right around 99.94%, I see absolutely no reason to risk an injection of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
We already have half a million dead.
Half a million dead who died WITH covid, not necessarily OF covid. Those who died directly from covid is a small percentage. You can confirm this even on the CDC website. All the rest are reported as "covid deaths" because a hospital administrator wants a bonus. They are all too happy to check the covid box on the report, even for a suicide that happened to have a positive test result, which had a good chance of being a false positive. Doesn't matter when money is involved. They even use a ten dollar, fancy word to make it look more legitimate than it really is. And the sheep in this nation eat that crap right up.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:51 AM

26,646 posts, read 13,591,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Based on a sample of a few hundred. There were thousands in the studies, but only a small percent caught the virus. Very deceptive statistics.

Yes and none of them were intentionally exposed to the virus, it was only by chance.

As far as I know I haven’t caught covid so using the logic behind the efficacy for the vaccine, that must also mean whatever I’m doing has a 100% effective rate.

It’s a very dubious statistic and not great in terms of scientific evidence.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:13 AM

18,737 posts, read 8,348,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Since my chance of survival should I contract covid is right around 99.94%, I see absolutely no reason to risk an injection of anything.

Half a million dead who died WITH covid, not necessarily OF covid. Those who died directly from covid is a small percentage. You can confirm this even on the CDC website. All the rest are reported as "covid deaths" because a hospital administrator wants a bonus. They are all too happy to check the covid box on the report, even for a suicide that happened to have a positive test result, which had a good chance of being a false positive. Doesn't matter when money is involved. They even use a ten dollar, fancy word to make it look more legitimate than it really is. And the sheep in this nation eat that crap right up.
The vast majority died FROM, some WITH.
The small numbers you refer to are a misinterpretation of what has happened, by our typical alt-right medical media. That small number was the number of death certificates listing only Covid 19.

The fact is, only a few died FROM Covid with no other medical history. The vast majority died FROM Covid being much more susceptible to both infection and death becasue of other pre-existing medical conditions. But of course they still died FROM.

Hospitals get no bonuses for Covid deaths. This more alt-right medical misinformation.

The main reason you should consider vaccination is to help reduce the current virus reservoir. The larger that reservoir and the longer it stands, the more chance of a new mutation that can bypass our vaccines.

A 'What can I do for my Country' sort of thing. I know kind of a liberal signal these days...

Old 02-24-2021, 10:22 AM

36 posts, read 28,853 times
I find it ironic that the ones who won't get the vaccine tend to be the oldest and unhealthiest among us. They can stay in their basement while the rest of us get on with life, or get out there and take their chances with covid-19. I bet a lot of them that get it, wouldn't even believe it's covid even if their Dr told them that's what they have. You can't save these people. It's hopeless.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:34 AM

26,646 posts, read 13,591,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler10 View Post
I find it ironic that the ones who won't get the vaccine tend to be the oldest and unhealthiest among us. They can stay in their basement while the rest of us get on with life, or get out there and take their chances with covid-19. I bet a lot of them that get it, wouldn't even believe it's covid even if their Dr told them that's what they have. You can't save these people. It's hopeless.

What makes you think that those who don’t want the vaccine are all old and unhealthy? I would have loved to have had he opportunity to take my chances with covid this whole time but followed the rules to “keep others safer” and now some of that group also wants me t get a vaccine to keep them safer. Enough already. Covid is real. You seem really confused about this.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:47 AM

25,286 posts, read 18,433,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The main reason you should consider vaccination is to help reduce the current virus reservoir. The larger that reservoir and the longer it stands, the more chance of a new mutation that can bypass our vaccines.

A 'What can I do for my Country' sort of thing. I know kind of a liberal signal these days...
You've been so brainwashed that you have no idea what a vaccine does. It's pretty simple.

Let's use smallpox as an example: when I get a smallpox vaccine, the chances of ME (note that I used the word ME, as in I--first-person singular) getting smallpox is reduced to near zero. However, MY vaccine does not prevent YOU from getting smallpox. Make sense? The vaccine is for ME and ME alone. Your vaccine is for YOU and YOU alone. It does not prevent you neighbor from getting smallpox because YOU got a friggin' vaccine.

God, what about that is so hard to understand? I guess the blame can be placed on our teach-nothing school system of indoctrination.

So here is another mind-blowing truth for you: if YOU get a vaccine, YOU are protected. If I choose not to get a vaccine, YOU are in no way "less protected." That vaccine is effective for you whether I am vaccinated or not. Again, why is that so hard to follow? If that were not the case, there would be no logical reason for vaccination.

I.E. If I, having been vaccinated for smallpox, happened to run into someone with smallpox, I WOULD NOT GET SMALLPOX!!! Why does this even have to be explained? How long will it be before we have to have a thirty minute discussion as to why two plus two is four? Again... it's our education system not doing its job.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:20 AM

18,737 posts, read 8,348,239 times
Quote:
You've been so brainwashed that you have no idea what a vaccine does. It's pretty simple.

Let's use smallpox as an example: when I get a smallpox vaccine, the chances of ME (note that I used the word ME, as in I--first-person singular) getting smallpox is reduced to near zero. However, MY vaccine does not prevent YOU from getting smallpox. Make sense? The vaccine is for ME and ME alone. Your vaccine is for YOU and YOU alone. It does not prevent you neighbor from getting smallpox because YOU got a friggin' vaccine.

God, what about that is so hard to understand? I guess the blame can be placed on our teach-nothing school system of indoctrination.

So here is another mind-blowing truth for you: if YOU get a vaccine, YOU are protected. If I choose not to get a vaccine, YOU are in no way "less protected." That vaccine is effective for you whether I am vaccinated or not. Again, why is that so hard to follow? If that were not the case, there would be no logical reason for vaccination.

I.E. If I, having been vaccinated for smallpox, happened to run into someone with smallpox, I WOULD NOT GET SMALLPOX!!! Why does this even have to be explained? How long will it be before we have to have a thirty minute discussion as to why two plus two is four? Again... it's our education system not doing its job.
Anytime the reservoir of pathogenic virus numbers are reduced that helps everyone. It reduces transmission frequency and it reduces the chance for more deleterious mutations.

Just a note that I am a retired Internist with just a smidge of experience. Dating back to the 1976 Swine Flu, where the vaccination programs were more dangerous than the disease.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:27 AM

8,014 posts, read 3,581,807 times
Quote:

Most of the 500 thousand + dead died because of Covid. As indicated by the number of excess deaths (by death certificates, so spare me the ...).

Old 02-24-2021, 11:29 AM

8,014 posts, read 3,581,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
got my 2nd shot last evening..I can eat kryptonite now..
I just got it today, maybe now the guitar pedal thingy will finally get activated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies