Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2021, 05:05 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,421,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
And examined and reviewed by medical professionals, organizations and communities all over the world.
Examined by medical professionals, organizations and communities who want us to think the vaccines are safe, whether they are or not, because they want everyone to be vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 05:09 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Examined by medical professionals, organizations and communities who want us to think the vaccines are safe, whether they are or not, because they want everyone to be vaccinated.
If the medical communities were not satisfied we would be hearing about it from them.
The vaccines safe, they are working already towards their goals and and much safer than the random acquisition of natural immunity.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:23 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Where have you heard the vaccines are not safe. My wife, son, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law have received both shots. I have received the first one. None of us had an issue. I've also had the Shingrix, Pneumococcal, Tdap, and flu vaccines in the past two years. I had nothing more than a slight sore arm with all of them. I have never heard that any of these vaccines are not safe and my experience confirms that. What is your experience?

Old 02-24-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Where have you heard the vaccines are not safe. My wife, son, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law have received both shots. I have received the first one. None of us had an issue. I've also had the Shingrix, Pneumococcal, Tdap, and flu vaccines in the past two years. I had nothing more than a slight sore arm with all of them. I have never heard that any of these vaccines are not safe and my experience confirms that. What is your experience?
I only know what I have read. There are some experts who think some people might get autoimmune or neurological diseases from these vaccines, maybe years later. But we can't know right now. And we might never know, since if someone gets a disease from the vaccine that doesn't show up until years later, there is no way to prove it was caused by the vaccine.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I only know what I have read. There are some experts who think some people might get autoimmune or neurological diseases from these vaccines, maybe years later. But we can't know right now. And we might never know, since if someone gets a disease from the vaccine that doesn't show up until years later, there is no way to prove it was caused by the vaccine.
There are scientific ways to at least guess with more certainyy:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/co...-syndrome.html

Old 02-24-2021, 06:16 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
The alternative would be like a woman I worked with. She woke up sick one morning and died of Covid-19 the next evening. Too bad the vaccine wasn't available a month earlier.

Last edited by villageidiot1; 02-24-2021 at 07:46 PM..

Old 02-24-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
The alternative would be like a woman I worked with. She woke up sick on morning and died of Covid-19 the next evening. Too bad the vaccine wasn't available a month earlier.
There is a very small chance of that. And we could get eaten by a shark, or a meteor could land on us. There is no perfect safety in this life. But a new experimiental medical intervention is a completly unknown risk.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:34 PM

Quote:
There is a very small chance of that. And we could get eaten by a shark, or a meteor could land on us. There is no perfect safety in this life. But a new experimiental medical intervention is a completly unknown risk.
My town of 58K, 132 Covid deaths in 1 year. No shark or meteor deaths ever.

Old 02-25-2021, 05:17 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Anytime the reservoir of pathogenic virus numbers are reduced that helps everyone. It reduces transmission frequency and it reduces the chance for more deleterious mutations.
You know that veteran/POW/MIA saying;"All gave some; some gave all"? I feel that if someone takes a vaccine due to social stigma & virtue signaling ("do your part/herd immunity") & they are permanently disabled, that they should be celebrated as national heroes. Compensated & rewarded; the same way injured Veterans can be compensated. A Purple Heart. Something.

My child is diagnosed as vaccine injured & he will never live a normal life. I could post videos of him in pain or having limbic rage seizures that would turn your stomach. I've lived in poverty for 15 years now, after leaving my career to caregive for him. There are no resources that can repair the damage done to him, heck; he's now 6 foot 5 & 260lbs, there's no such thing as a respite provider that can help us, ever. This is our life forever.

Seriously, I can't "help everyone" anymore. If somebody wants to protect themselves against covid they should just get vaccinated for themselves.

Quote:
Just a note that I am a retired Internist with just a smidge of experience. Dating back to the 1976 Swine Flu, where the vaccination programs were more dangerous than the disease.
Just curious, as I was 8 years old at the time but was there plans on "vaccine passports" back then, just 2 months after the vaccination campaign started? Did they make it mandatory or did everyone who was injured by the vaccine get vaccinated voluntarily?

Quote:
And longterm side effects will never be blamed on the vaccines. How can you prove you got alzheimer's because of a vaccine you got years ago?
I'm surprised you know this. Alzheimer's is an immune-mediated, multifactorial (complex genetic) disorder. An atypical immune response has disabled the brain's microglia cells during the aging phase of the brain (neurodegenerative); just like an atypical immune response disables the microglia cells during neurodevelopment stage in autism. Alzheimer's literally is the autism of the aging brain. Another coincidence.

Old 02-25-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
You know that veteran/POW/MIA saying;"All gave some; some gave all"? I feel that if someone takes a vaccine due to social stigma & virtue signaling ("do your part/herd immunity") & they are permanently disabled, that they should be celebrated as national heroes. Compensated & rewarded; the same way injured Veterans can be compensated. A Purple Heart. Something.

My child is diagnosed as vaccine injured & he will never live a normal life. I could post videos of him in pain or having limbic rage seizures that would turn your stomach. I've lived in poverty for 15 years now, after leaving my career to caregive for him. There are no resources that can repair the damage done to him, heck; he's now 6 foot 5 & 260lbs, there's no such thing as a respite provider that can help us, ever. This is our life forever.

Seriously, I can't "help everyone" anymore. If somebody wants to protect themselves against covid they should just get vaccinated for themselves.

Just curious, as I was 8 years old at the time but was there plans on "vaccine passports" back then, just 2 months after the vaccination campaign started? Did they make it mandatory or did everyone who was injured by the vaccine get vaccinated voluntarily?

I'm surprised you know this. Alzheimer's is an immune-mediated, multifactorial (complex genetic) disorder. An atypical immune response has disabled the brain's microglia cells during the aging phase of the brain (neurodegenerative); just like an atypical immune response disables the microglia cells during neurodevelopment stage in autism. Alzheimer's literally is the autism of the aging brain. Another coincidence.
I am so sorry about your son. He and you have certainly given your all.
In 1976 There was no such talk about a vaccine passport, and I don't know the voluntary status of those injured. As a VA doc I had to get jabbed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies