Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2021, 05:37 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,103,462 times

Advertisements

Mostly seems to be positive, but its hard to find good reporting. Either negative or positive, not both.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...-well-n2584744

One site covering vaccine side effects, based on the menu bar, they are supporting ivermectin
https://thecovidblog.com

Another video on the negative side effects of vaccine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zfzTVYOxJ8

I prefer Ivermectin(20+ yr history) if a good vitamin protocol didnt work(multi, c 500x2, vit d, zinc+quercetin)
H202 therapy(20+ yr history) is another option

I would feel differently if something more serious like covid=aids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 05:54 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I think the truth might be the opposite of what you said. The mRNA vaccines cause cells to produce only a small part of the covid spike protein. This smallness means it can potentially pattern-match with many of our own proteins. Which would be very dangerous. Conventional vaccines provide the immune system with a whole virus, or a larger part of a virus. That would restrict the patten-matching process.

So autoimmune diseases might be much more likely to result from mRNA vaccines than from conventional vaccines.
So you May think; do you have studies to back it up?

Old 02-25-2021, 08:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I am so sorry about your son. He and you have certainly given your all.
In 1976 There was no such talk about a vaccine passport, and I don't know the voluntary status of those injured. As a VA doc I had to get jabbed.
Thank you so much.

And yes, the military is a much different scenario. I was born in Japan during the Vietnam War when Dad was stationed at Fuchu. When my parents were preparing to return in 1971, the military was requiring proof of immunity, not just proof of immunization, for dependants born in Japan to be allowed to come to the US ... Smallpox & Measles, I believe. Even though I had been vaccinated I had no measurable titers. Not much was known about vaccine nonresponders at the time & the military insisted I be revaccinated. I ended up getting the Measles vaccine 4 times in 6 months before they would let my parents bring me to the States. My smallpox ulceration scar disappeared in childhood.

When my son's Immunologist did Ab testing the same thing was noted as well; he hasn't responded to any of his vaccinations, despite that what was his final round caused encephalopathy, resulting in developmental regression. His sister, my first daughter died less than 24 hours after her first vaccines. At the time I just couldn't accept that the vaccines were the cause. It was ruled a SIDS. I argued with my mom & MIL, who suspected the vaccines. I kept vaccinating. Then, after seeing what happened to my son, I realized there must be a genetic link. So, what happened to him is my fault.

I know this has been established now ... Immunogenomics & "Vaccinomics". Since at least 2008 they have been able to prescreen for some of these predispositions to serious adverse events (Variants on the Interleukin genes that control cytokine response & HLA genes) but they aren't doing it out of concern for "uptake metrics". Section #7: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2831634/

If this screening was added to the newborn cord blood testing already done (for PKU, CHF, etc), I wouldn't have any reason to be an antivaxxer anymore, lol. People would be giving truly informed consent, if they knew their personal risk.

I need to familiarize myself better with what happened with the swine flu vaccine. I know it resulted in many cases of GBS, I'm wondering how long it took for this to be realized. I don't want to see this happen again with the covid vaccine. You can't ever "unvaccinate". Once it's done; it's done.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:27 PM

1,014 posts, read 479,885 times
Too early to tell. They say it only last for 6 months. I am not sure what this means. It should be getting to herd immunity. Meaning you can't catch it any more. So we'll wait and see over some time how this vaccine affects the population as a whole. Some people are still skeptical because they don't want to die from taking it. Side effects.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:03 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
If you search for information about the new mRNA vaccines by Moderna and Pfizer, you will find long lists of enthusiastic reports about effectiveness, and reassurance about safety. You will find that more and more Americans are willing to get these vaccines. And you will find very little skepticism or concerns. Well, unless you look at the unscientific anti-vax websites, but no one cares what they say.

So it looks like the case is closed, there is no reason to worry that your health could be damaged by these vaccines. Not getting vaccinated, on the other hand, could subject you to intense social pressure. You might even be accused of killing people by giving them the virus, or of preventing herd immunity. And people who don't have a vaccine pass may be prevented from living normally.

That is the side of the story we are told, so naturally we assume it is the only side. What we might not realize is that there has been a public relations campaign dedicated to convincing the public to be vaccinated. That means both sides of the story are not told, and only experts who approve of these vaccines can express their opinions online. With rare exceptions, that are getting harder to find.

Vaccines that use mRNA have never been used on large numbers of healthy people. The scientists who make them might think they know exactly what they are doing, but in reality most of what goes on inside living cells is not understood. Most RNA, and most DNA ,is not understood. Does it really make sense to trust these vaccine makers with our future health?

No longterm testing has been done, obviously, so no one can guess whether some people will experience longterm adverse effects. The public relations campaign reassures us, of course, that longterm side effects won't happen. They have no way to know that, with a new experimental vaccine technology, but they say it anyway.

And if longterm side effects occur, we probably won't even know about it. If the rate of alzheimer's disease increases, for example, we won't know if the vaccines caused it.

And if the rate decreases we also won't know if the vaccines caused it.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:13 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
My opinion?

Vaccinations have a pretty good track record. Polio, small pox, diphtheria, whooping cough, ...

Pandemics have a way of thinning the herd of the weak, the unlucky, the idiots.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:40 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
People should all be given an opportunity for the shot. If they choose not to get it, that's fine. However, if they get Covid after that, they should only be treated for it in their homes, not hospitals.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:48 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Slightly off the current stream of the topic, but about vaccine opinion regardless:

Looks like J&J will be distributing the vaccine beginning next week - rambling up slowly but on par with Moderna and Pfizer within a month. It’s been reported that while it’s 100% effective against hospitalization and death (which of course is the big fear), it’s only around 70% effective against moderate cases. The other two, OTOH, are 95% effective in preventing all symptomatic infection.

Q: if the J&J is offered, would it be better to take it and get decent protection, or wait a couple more months, when all vaccines will be widely available, to get the better one? The risk, of course, is that one could catch COVID during the intervening 2 months, but after that - almost fully protected.

Opinion?

Old 02-26-2021, 05:50 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Secondary question: can one take the J&J shot this year, but switch to Moderna or Pfizer for the annual booster, or does one have to remain with the first form of vaccination going forward?

Old 02-26-2021, 06:53 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
There is a very small chance of that. And we could get eaten by a shark, or a meteor could land on us. There is no perfect safety in this life. But a new experimiental medical intervention is a completly unknown risk.
Tell that to the families of the 520,852 people who have died so far. I'm getting my second shot tomorrow and consider myself lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies