Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 12:42 AM

632 posts, read 320,031 times

Advertisements

I just went in to the VA for a Tdap vaccine because they informed me that its been ten years since my last one and that I could get one if I wanted. The nurse and I were discussing the COVID vaccine while she was administering the Tdap vaccine and I was talking about how I'd probably be waiting quite a while longer for it, given what priority groups they are currently doing. She said she could see about adding me to a list they have that, I guess, is used for when they have excess vaccines and don't get enough responses per day from their prioritized risk groups; they then pull names from this list.

Seems like it might wind up with me getting the COVID vaccine sooner rather than later, so that's a definite win in my book. I'm pretty pumped about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 06:33 AM

14,818 posts, read 11,927,853 times
The vaccine is starting to make a big difference here in the UK, the amount of over 80's being admitted to hospital is now down to 'single figures'. Early signs show that just one dose of the Pfizer vaccine reduces risk of over 70's being hospitalised by 80% early signs show that the Oxford Astra-Zenica vaccine reduces the risk by even more than 80%. While infection rates and death rates start rising again across large parts of the planet (possibly because of relaxation of lockdowns) they are falling sharply in the UK, I believe the same can be said of Israel (the two countries who have vaccinated the largest percentage of their populations). Our EU 'friends' were being very petulant over the UK vaccine and the UK's decision to vaccinate the two doses 12 weeks apart but are now just beginning to realise their 'childish' mistake.
Of course we know that what with new variants etc things could change but so far the signs for the vaccination program are looking 'quite good'.

I had the vaccine two weeks ago (Oxford AZ one), I'm relatively young but look after somebody who is classed as 'vulnerable', we both had the vaccine and (so far) the only side affect has been a very slightly sore arm.

Old 03-02-2021, 06:56 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,092,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I've gotten the first vaccine and had a sore arm. I'm getting the second one next week and have no qualms.
Cytokine storm possibility in 6 months

Old 03-02-2021, 07:12 AM

3,571 posts, read 1,547,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The vaccine is starting to make a big difference here in the UK, the amount of over 80's being admitted to hospital is now down to 'single figures'. Early signs show that just one dose of the Pfizer vaccine reduces risk of over 70's being hospitalised by 80% early signs show that the Oxford Astra-Zenica vaccine reduces the risk by even more than 80%. While infection rates and death rates start rising again across large parts of the planet (possibly because of relaxation of lockdowns) they are falling sharply in the UK, I believe the same can be said of Israel (the two countries who have vaccinated the largest percentage of their populations). Our EU 'friends' were being very petulant over the UK vaccine and the UK's decision to vaccinate the two doses 12 weeks apart but are now just beginning to realise their 'childish' mistake.
Of course we know that what with new variants etc things could change but so far the signs for the vaccination program are looking 'quite good'.

I had the vaccine two weeks ago (Oxford AZ one), I'm relatively young but look after somebody who is classed as 'vulnerable', we both had the vaccine and (so far) the only side affect has been a very slightly sore arm.
Israel is beginning to require proof of vaccination to enter businesses:

Quote:
As Israel Reopens, ‘Whoever Does Not Get Vaccinated Will Be Left Behind’

Under a new “Green Badge” system that functions as both a carrot and a stick, the government is making leisure activities accessible only to people who are fully vaccinated or recovered starting Sunday. Two weeks later, restaurants, event halls and conferences will be allowed to operate under those rules. Customers and attendees will have to carry a certificate of vaccination with a QR code.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/w...ne-reopen.html
This mandated approach is possible in Israel since they have a national heath insurance system, that everyone is required to have. Get your vaccine or you can't enter a restaurant. Really? Even if you squired a natural immunity?

I will go on record to say that if we can see all the medical data, with full transparency, we would find it's not a vaccine causing lower covid rates in Israel. I highly doubt it. A national health system can easily adjust data. But we'll never see the real data.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:35 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,635,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Israel is beginning to require proof of vaccination to enter businesses:

This mandated approach is possible in Israel since they have a national heath insurance system, that everyone is required to have. Get your vaccine or you can't enter a restaurant. Really? Even if you squired a natural immunity?

I will go on record to say that if we can see all the medical data, with full transparency, we would find it's not a vaccine causing lower covid rates in Israel. I highly doubt it. A national health system can easily adjust data. But we'll never see the real data.

I think it’s horrible that they are requiring proof of vaccine in order to enter businesses. This has gotten way out of hand.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:36 AM

18,769 posts, read 8,377,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Cytokine storm possibility in 6 months
Do have any link or data to support this nonsense?

Old 03-02-2021, 07:38 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,455,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

I think it’s horrible that they are requiring proof of vaccine in order to enter businesses. This has gotten way out of hand.
I’m fine with it. We are trying to reach herd immunity, and it will work against that goal for groups of unvaccinated people to enter (small and enclosed) businesses and restaurants. Larger venues - like big department stores - should be allowed.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:39 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,215,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
For most people, the risk of dying is much much lower. One percent might be the average risk, but that's because high risk people are averaged in.
But, if more were vaccinated, there would be less of a chance of the high risk people getting sick and dying. Do it for your grandparents.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:40 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,455,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Do have any link or data to support this nonsense?
After that poster wrote that, I looked it up to see what it was. In addition to the explanation, the articles said that vaccines do not cause it.

I’m not worried.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:43 AM

18,769 posts, read 8,377,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
After that poster wrote that, I looked it up to see what it was. In addition to the explanation, the articles said that vaccines do not cause it.

I’m not worried.
Let me guess...some ideologically right wing 'expert' posted it. Cherry picking, twisting or otherwise contaminating the real data/evidence, so as to promote an alt-right media outlet. For political and/or monetary gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies