Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 07:47 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I’m fine with it. We are trying to reach herd immunity, and it will work against that goal for groups of unvaccinated people to enter (small and enclosed) businesses and restaurants. Larger venues - like big department stores - should be allowed.
Fine with forcing people to get a vaccine in order to participate in society for an illness that is 99% survivable? We have immune systems. This is over reach and I’m not surprised but I am disappointed that people will go along with such things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 07:50 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I agree, vaccines should be avoided as much as possible (the same for antibiotics, and drugs in general). The immune system is not at all well understood, and vaccines mess with it.

The mRNA vaccines are even worse than vaccines using older technology, because no one can guess at the possible longterm side effects.

Some vaccines may be necessary and relatively harmless. But we can't assume ALL vaccines are necessary and harmless.

Couple of things. First of all, we can't compare 1950s medical knowledge with 2020.

Second, 'mess' with the immune system? What we are doing is training the immune system to recognize a virus. I really don't see the issue: if anything mRNA is safer than the older vaccines where a weakened virus was injected into humans.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:50 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Israel is beginning to require proof of vaccination to enter businesses:

This mandated approach is possible in Israel since they have a national heath insurance system, that everyone is required to have. Get your vaccine or you can't enter a restaurant. Really? Even if you squired a natural immunity?

I will go on record to say that if we can see all the medical data, with full transparency, we would find it's not a vaccine causing lower covid rates in Israel. I highly doubt it. A national health system can easily adjust data. But we'll never see the real data.
Lol, you can doubt whatever you want, it's a free country.

Now back to the facts:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/israeli...ne-11613401510

Old 03-02-2021, 09:43 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Fine with forcing people to get a vaccine in order to participate in society for an illness that is 99% survivable? We have immune systems. This is over reach and I’m not surprised but I am disappointed that people will go along with such things.

Seriously. By all means mandate it at my job but beyond that is ridiculous.

I'm somewhat of a recluse so I don't even go out that much outside of working but if I want to fly or go to a concert/event about once a year or go to pick up food I have to have a permanent concoction inside of me? How does that make sense when the odds of me contracting a contagion is almost non existent if at all?

Old 03-02-2021, 09:46 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'm getting my second vaccine this week and looking forward to reducing my chances of catching COVID or getting really sick if I do get it.

My parents made sure I got all my childhood vaccines and I get a flu vaccine every year. In addition, I get Tetanus boosters every 10 years, and got a yellow fever vaccine years ago when I traveled to South America. I've also gotten the shingles vaccine.

I had my daughter get all the childhood vaccines and also got her the Gardasil vaccine. She's had two COVID vaccines and gets a flu shot every year.

My husband was in the Navy so he received all the vaccines they give and gets a flu shot every year. He's on the list for a COVID vaccine.

All those vaccines with no side effects. Anecdotal evidence, but so far, so good.
You are very fortunate because you may have the genotypes most likely to withstand the atypical immune-mediation from vaccines, which means that you can benefit from them! I am not that lucky ... Or; it's a numbers game of roulette ... had I only had 1 child I would not have witnessed vaccine injury. Or only 2, 3 or 4 children even. It was number 5 who first hit the unfortunate jackpot.

Also, there is a difference between 'side effects' & vaccine injuries. It would be impossible for me to speculate that nobody in your family has a vaccine injury, based on reporting that nobody had side effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Cytokine storm possibility in 6 months
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Do have any link or data to support this nonsense?
I too, would like to see your source(s) regarding this.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:01 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Seriously. By all means mandate it at my job but beyond that is ridiculous.

I'm somewhat of a recluse so I don't even go out that much outside of working but if I want to fly or go to a concert/event about once a year or go to pick up food I have to have a permanent concoction inside of me? How does that make sense when the odds of me contracting a contagion is almost non existent if at all?
You can pick up food anytime. Just mask and distance if you are not a recovered Covid 19 patient or have not been immunized.

Other wise wait til summer when most likely the scourge will be behind us and more people and businesses can move toward normalcy. Although with flying there may be restrictions.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:45 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
You can pick up food anytime. Just mask and distance if you are not a recovered Covid 19 patient or have not been immunized.

Other wise wait til summer when most likely the scourge will be behind us and more people and businesses can move toward normalcy. Although with flying there may be restrictions.

At the moment yes but this is a hypothetical if it were to be mandated everywhere. I think a lot of people are doomsdaying but I'm not sure we can say with 100 percent certainty that it won't be a requirement.

Yeah flying is going to be the activity that is most likely to be restricted and even though I've only been in a plane once I will want to again eventually. I've wanted to visit Australia for a long time now for example. Maybe the virus will be completely behind us by then but we don't know what's going to happen with it in the long run.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:50 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Johnson and Johnson does not use mRNA in their vaccine.

Old 03-02-2021, 02:21 PM

26 posts, read 14,964 times
I'm hoping to get the covid-19 vaccine as soon as possible.

I own stock in Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson and Merck, all are working on the vaccine and I'm excited to be alive and to see the miracle of a vaccines developed so quickly for a dreadful pandemic.

My grandmother lived through the Spanish flu and told the story of her best friend dying from it. So sad. We are lucky that we don't have to suffer like that.

Meanwhile I am masking up, social distancing, etc. - observing the normal precautions that are observed during a pandemic.

Old 03-02-2021, 02:38 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
MY husband tested Positive, as did 5 of his friends all over 65, back in December. He has 5 stents, Pacemaker, high BP, borderline obese, Parkinson's. ASYMPTOMATIC. Not in hospital on a ventilator. He now goes around saying "want my blood for antibodies"?

I am same age 72. Did not "catch" it from him and tested Negative. No masks at home or social distancing. We both do not want this vaccination. The way we see it we don't need it. He has immunity now, and me not catching it, then something else prevented that. I haven't had a vaccination since the '50's, had my very own doctor since I gave birth in '84, take no meds whatsoever. According to "science" I should have been dead years ago.

FORCE us to be vaccinated to so much as grocery shopping, to a restaurant, etc.? Hell NO. I will not live like that for my remaining years on this earth. If need be, I will find FORGED vaccination papers on Black Market. If it comes to this, you don't think Black Market won't be there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies