Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 07:27 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
Maybe because 10s of millions of Americans play golf and enjoy watching golf tournaments. And maybe because Tiger Woods is one of the most famous athletes in the world and has inspired countless young golfers helping grow an important sector of the economy.

US Golf Course employment 307K and that does not count golf retail stores, clothing etc. etc. :

https://www.ibisworld.com/industry-s...united-states/

Now what was that about Tiger Woods contributing nothing?
He did contribute millions to divorce attorneys after cheating on his wife. So there is that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 07:29 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Charity is immoral. Do you not know that?

Private charity and fundraisers are great. It comes from people and businesses that voluntarily contribute to whatever it is. Public charity is different. Money is confiscated through taxes and then given to whoever the government deems is worthy.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:49 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
Maybe because 10s of millions of Americans play golf and enjoy watching golf tournaments. And maybe because Tiger Woods is one of the most famous athletes in the world and has inspired countless young golfers helping grow an important sector of the economy.

US Golf Course employment 307K and that does not count golf retail stores, clothing etc. etc. :

https://www.ibisworld.com/industry-s...united-states/

Now what was that about Tiger Woods contributing nothing?
This

Old 02-23-2021, 07:50 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
People that say "athletes contribute nothing" are prob walmart shoppers.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Creativity, innovation, arts, sports (competition and pushing oneself to the limits) are essential for human evolution. All that stuff is why we now go to the moon instead of just scrabbling around on the floor of the cave trying to find the exit. It’s what makes us human. It is not irrelevant nor meaningless. It drives us forward as a species.

Plus, jeez life would suck if all anyone did was work 24 hours a day.

Wow, that must mean that my life is totally devoid of meaning. I mean, I haven't given a **** about sports EVER. Must I now go and blow my brains out because I finally know how useless and empty my life has been?

Hmmmmmmmmm..........

Old 02-23-2021, 07:58 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post

I have not set foot in a WalMart in at least ten years, and even then it was rare for me to shop there.

Athletes contribute nothing.

Next.......................

Old 02-23-2021, 08:03 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,246,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Wow, that must mean that my life is totally devoid of meaning. I mean, I haven't given a **** about sports EVER. Must I now go and blow my brains out because I finally know how useless and empty my life has been?

Hmmmmmmmmm..........
If being obtuse were a sport you would win the gold medal.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:06 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Seriously?

Athletes literally contribute nothing to the society. They don’t create, invest, or create wealth by playing a few balls.

How is this guys injury more important than everything else going on in this world?
Another celebutard thing.

I don’t get the celebrity culture here. I don’t doubt it exists elsewhere, but just seems more vapidly pervasive here.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:29 PM

1,954 posts, read 700,567 times
it is be'cos MSM has nothing to talk about

Old 02-23-2021, 08:32 PM

2,005 posts, read 761,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Lemme guess, you think the Kardashions are talented?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies