Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2021, 11:24 PM

21,988 posts, read 15,601,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
And Adam Schiff stated clearly multiple times that he had evidence the President of the United States violated the law with Russia. And he has failed to produce any.

If you don’t give a crap about that, which is much more egregious than some tax returns, then you should really just ****.
Read the Mueller report. But nice deflection. Again. Trump promised he would produce his tax returns many many times and then went all the way to the Supreme Court trying to avoid doing so. No president has gone to such extremes after making such promises numerous times.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:31 PM

4,213 posts, read 1,578,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Well then that also means every member of Congress should be held accountable to the same standards and be required to release their tax returns as well since they pass the legislation laws not the POTUS. Let's see how quickly their tune changes when the microscope of tax audit scrutiny is focused on them.
I'd be okay with that too.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I’m far more concerned about the taxes of the people who actually write the legislation than I am about the person that signs it. Frankly, I’d support making it a law that any tax and investment records of members of Congress and the Senate become public record. We are currently looking at a $1.9 Trillion stimulus bill that was written by people who have gotten extremely wealthy over their years in Washington. Seems like we should know if any of the pork money is going to companies which are in part owned by the people writing it. Or do you think Nancy Pelosi never took advantage of her position to obtain over $100 million in net worth?
What the hell does Nancy Pelosi have to do with this? lol.

I have no problem having the taxes of all members of Congress being public. I think it's a good idea for all the reasons you state above.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:37 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,021,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Read the Mueller report. But nice deflection. Again. Trump promised he would produce his tax returns many many times and then went all the way to the Supreme Court trying to avoid doing so. No president has gone to such extremes after making such promises numerous times.
Trump used the "routine audit" excuse to stall for time because he never had any intention of releasing his taxes. Now after ten years of a "routine audit" time has run out. Even if there's nothing in his taxes to prove criminality (and I'll bet there is plenty) they will at the least be highly embarrassing to him by showing that he is no where as rich as he claims.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:38 PM

16,237 posts, read 5,818,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatecake1977 View Post
Maybe because a person's tax returns are their own business...... Just a thought......
While I detest Trump with all my being, I actually support his refusal to submit his tax returns. I would have done the same as he one this one.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:41 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,088,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Actually, it kind of IS our business. When the guy who signs the legislation can literally save himself MILLIONS of dollars or make himself MILLIONS of dollars by passing laws that are useful to him, but harmful to the rest of the country... it would help if we knew exactly what he was doing, tax wise. As President, he had MASSIVE power to sign bills to serve him. The people who voted him in should be able to know about this.
The executive branch does NOT create laws and can only pass laws CREATED by the legislative branch.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:42 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,088,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Becaue he is a lying cheat... and being scared, is a big chicken ___!
You have PROOF of this? Take it to the IRS...

Old 02-24-2021, 11:49 PM

50,055 posts, read 46,553,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
While I detest Trump with all my being, I actually support his refusal to submit his tax returns. I would have done the same as he one this one.
Our returns are no ones business. Those that don't make enough to get taxed sure want to know though, huh.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
The executive branch does NOT create laws and can only pass laws CREATED by the legislative branch.
That's pretty much what i said.

He "SIGNS" the laws. Nowhere in that statement does it say, or infer, that he creates laws. That's what the legislative branch is for.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:58 PM

16,237 posts, read 5,818,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Our returns are no ones business. Those that don't make enough to get taxed sure want to know though, huh.
There are always those who just need to pry into other's business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies