Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 05:51 AM

62 posts, read 23,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Do you really not realize what she was saying to him? Let me translate it for you:

I’m sorry, but people have rightfully concluded that she felt she was threatening him with assassination by police for annoying her. She should not be in legal trouble but she earned her public scorn. He didn’t ruin her life, he merely taped her highly inappropriate interaction with him. He texted that video to his sister who put it on social media. Did it blow up worse than it should have? Yes. I do wish instead that it could have been a vehicle for us to have a much needed discussion about the impact of subtle bigotry. The timing on this, unfortunately for her, was such that it gave a very eye opening glimpse for many white people of how someone is able use a person’s black skin to threaten them.
What region of the world do you live? Bluegrass country?

Look here is one of the many many attacks in New York City:
[url]https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-york-city/3246927-brooklyn-video-surfaces-cyclist-being-severely.html[/url]
Review that video and tell me it was “Karens” fault for wigging out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 06:00 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
I think you are right about that but she already paid the piper. This spoiled brat bird genius guy was left off the hook for some reason, we don’t know why. We don’t know why he is giving dogs treats in the park while he says he is bird watching.

The guy is a straight up dirtbag who then went on TV looking all spiffy and innocent. He is a dirtbag.
That would be because he was innocent. He did nothing wrong and, truthfully, was a decent enough person to try stopping it from getting worse. He got blow back for saying enough has happened and for refusing to cooperate with the DA.

Did you not pay attention to the story this summer. He is a bird watcher, he was a long standing crusade against people letting their dogs off leash in the park (which is illegal there). His way of getting them to mend their ways was to lure the dog to him by giving them treats and telling them if he were a different kind of person that he could have harmed their dog or stolen it so maybe they ought to keep the dog on the leash the whole time, after all. Apparently he started doing that after feeling threatened by loose dogs a couple of years before and not having the police respond to calls about the loose dogs. I don’t know why you are all up in arms with this guy, he is a decent, law abiding, tax paying citizen who was just trying to enjoy the park in the way the city had said he would be able to. She was the one who thought laws shouldn’t have to apply to her and was the one in the wrong in multiple ways.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:02 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Agree but Birdman maybe instigated and provoked looking for a Kodak "Karen" moment.
I agree. While the "karen" clearly didn't initially leash her dog, he was clearly harassing her until she did. Then Karen just flipped out and tried to file a false police report.

They both perfectly represent the idiocy of America:

1. People who don't leash their dogs
2. People confront others about leashing their dogs, instead of mind their own business
3. People who record the conflict
4. People who make false police reports

Old 02-24-2021, 06:04 AM

Quote:
What region of the world do you live? Bluegrass country?

Look here is one of the many many attacks in New York City:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...-severely.html
Review that video and tell me it was “Karens” fault for wigging out.
Kentucky, not that it matters, if I’m reading your “point” correctly, since I lived in the DC area for 8 years and taught in the rough part of the city a couple of years.

If Karen was that worried about her safety she should have had her dog on its leash, as required by New York City laws.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:07 AM

Quote:
That would be because he was innocent. He did nothing wrong and, truthfully, was a decent enough person to try stopping it from getting worse. He got blow back for saying enough has happened and for refusing to cooperate with the DA.

Did you not pay attention to the story this summer. He is a bird watcher, he was a long standing crusade against people letting their dogs off leash in the park (which is illegal there). His way of getting them to mend their ways was to lure the dog to him by giving them treats and telling them if he were a different kind of person that he could have harmed their dog or stolen it so maybe they ought to keep the dog on the leash the whole time after all. Apparently he started doing that after feeling threatened by lose dogs a couple of years before and not having the police respond to calls about the lose dogs. I don’t know why you are all up in arms with this guy, he is a decent, law abiding, tax paying citizen who was just trying to enjoy the park in the way the city had said he would be able to. She was the one who thought laws shouldn’t have to apply to her and was the one in the wrong in multiple ways.
Leave enforcing the park laws to the park police.

Do not feed strangers pets food, it could be poisoned. A person can poison a pet like that in seconds.

Especially do not feed strangers dogs in a manner that displays malicious and obviously creepy intent.

He was not bird watching. Stop saying he was bird watching.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:07 AM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:

Did you not pay attention to the story this summer. He is a bird watcher, he was a long standing crusade against people letting their dogs off leash in the park (which is illegal there). His way of getting them to mend their ways was to lure the dog to him by giving them treats and telling them if he were a different kind of person that he could have harmed their dog or stolen it so maybe they ought to keep the dog on the leash the whole time after all. Apparently he started doing that after feeling threatened by lose dogs a couple of years before and not having the police respond to calls about the lose dogs. I don’t know why you are all up in arms with this guy, he is a decent, law abiding, tax paying citizen who was just trying to enjoy the park in the way the city had said he would be able to. She was the one who thought laws shouldn’t have to apply to her and was the one in the wrong in multiple ways.
This is where he lost me. It is extremely creepy behavior. I always enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your opinion but I disagree in this case. It goes without saying that her behavior was atrocious but I do not think he is innocent in this situation.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:13 AM

The Amy woman made a false report. But I think the birdman dog enforcement guy presented his own version of a false report as well.

And sorry, the link above was removed by YouTube. It was a black man smashing a white man repeatedly with a baseball bat smashing his bones, an attempted murder in New York. Now you can go crickets and duck out, Oldhag.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This is where he lost me. It is extremely creepy behavior. I always enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your opinion but I disagree in this case. It goes without saying that her behavior was atrocious but I do not think he is innocent in this situation.
Yeah, I wouldn’t do it either and, you are right, he shouldn’t have been doing it. Legally, though, there is no law against giving other people’s dogs treats. I don’t think that was a great way to deal with the loose dogs but I do get his frustration. I knew someone who has been attacked by dogs while trying to jog in parks and even down the street on multiple occasions - a lot of dogs, even ones that were normally friendly, did not like our friend for some reason. I do wonder if Mr. Birdwatcher is also one of those people.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
The Amy woman made a false report. But I think the birdman dog enforcement guy presented his own version of a false report as well.

And sorry, the link above was removed by YouTube. It was a black man smashing a white man repeatedly with a baseball bat smashing his bones, an attempted murder in New York. Now you can go crickets and duck out, Oldhag.
He didn’t call the police so how did he do a false report? He didn’t report anything. He recorded an interaction with another person, which no one has said or implied was altered. What exactly was false?

And, what does a video of black thug hitting a white man with a bat have to do with a black Harvard educated mathematician feeding treats to a white woman’s dog? The only thing in common between the two is that they are black males. Do you think all black males need to be treated as if they were the one hitting that guy with a bat? Should we start assuming all white males need to be treated as if they are serial killers?

Old 02-24-2021, 07:14 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
There was no victim. Just a clash of entitled idiots...
If she tried to a false police report on him, then he’s the victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies