Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 10:27 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,071,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Better jollof rice there than Nigeria too.
Oh no, You've brought up the most forsaken of topics. If you enjoy a dull soup maybe you'll enjoy their rice more .

Ghana might be more developed overall, might be much lower in crime. Might have a better University system. But their rice is flat-out not comparable to Nigerian Jollof rice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 10:32 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,071,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
Being a racial/ethnic minority in any nation is probably strange for most.
It makes sense that people will gravitate to places where there are others like them.
He'll still be an ethnic minority in Ghana, theirs's only a couple thousand African Americans there although its growing every year.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:42 AM

45,581 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Hey - give him credit for backing it up... assuming he follows through. I wonder if he will return here to earn money...

From the link...

Last month, in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. day, the musician wrote an emotional letter to the late civil rights leader and addressed the lack of racial advancement since the fight for equality, which began in the U.S. in the mid-1950s.

"Dear Dr. King, I met you when I was 14 years of age," he began. "You were a true hero and you became an inspiration."

Wonder later said, "It is painful to know that needle has not moved one iota. For 36 years, we've had a national holiday honoring your birthday and principles, yet you would not believe the lack of progress. It makes me physically sick. I am sick of politicians trying to find an easy solution to a 400-year problem."

The needle has not moved one iota...
  • A black president for eight years
  • athletes and entertainers make enough money collectively to handle reparations by themselves
  • his own career - able to make a ton of money being blind
  • a black female VP
  • wages for black folk were at record levels under Trump
  • a ton of black owned businesses

I don't know what he is looking at... Is it perfect? It will never be perfect.

Oh.... he's looking at the politicians. That's the problem. They don't want progress. They need the racial discord.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It almost sounds like he is a black nationalist. You know, the black equivalent of the evil white nationalist?
Whenever you hear the line about 400 years, that's a clue that the black liberation theology is in play somewhere. That's the theory that the slavery in the Bible by the Egyptians for 400 years were likely black folks, instead of the fledgling nation of Israel.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:44 AM

1,301 posts, read 665,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
He'll still be an ethnic minority in Ghana, theirs's only a couple thousand African Americans there although its growing every year.

He'll be among fellow members of his larger African racial group, I think that was the point of him moving there, to live around Africans.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:46 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Ebony and Ivory
Live Together in Perfect Harmony...

He sang it, but doesn't believe it.
He sang....

Ebony and Ivory live together in perfect harmony.....

Oh Lord, why can't we?

Old 02-24-2021, 10:49 AM

62 posts, read 23,038 times
I feel bad waking up this morning, reading this news, and having to call Stevie Wonder a dirtbag. But it’s true. Why would the guy announce his leaving, when Stevie has been out of the limelight for like 25 years? I mean the guy is an undisputed true musical legend and I grew up loving his music.

Why are musicians making these statements?

Last night a band that I liked my whole life sent these woke email blasts to the fanbase. I had enough of their opinions, and unsubscribed. Why are musicians doing this it’s beyond me.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:56 AM

1,301 posts, read 665,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
He sang....

Ebony and Ivory live together in perfect harmony.....
A look back in human history and this has NEVER been true, for any racial or ethnic groups.
There has always been racial and ethnic conflict.

From a biological viewpoint, birds typically congregate among members of their own flock.
Wolves hang with wolves, not with Coyotes.

Humans are the only creature that violates natural principles, to our own detriment.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:59 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Good for him. He and his family are free to live wherever they please.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:00 AM

754 posts, read 485,976 times
If African Americans are wanting to move to majority black countries surely the Caribbean would be better fit?

Old 02-24-2021, 11:00 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Better jollof rice there than Nigeria too.
The best jollof I’ve had was from Liberia. IJS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies