Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 09:26 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,989,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
No. This stuff is very real in the more blue school districts in the United States. Your children are exposed to it constantly.
True. I followed the St Paul MN school district rush down the rabbit hole of "racial justice" a decade ago, and see sister city Minneapolis woke pursuit of the same nonsense now.

Quote:
I think people who live in red and purple areas of the country really have no idea what's going on in the blue areas.
Glen Singleton and his Pacific Education Group has reaped millions in tax dollars from woke white parents in urban environments. Glen S. is a brilliant capitalist, selling the "cure" for white guilt to millions of useful idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 09:46 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
They are not doing that. So your point is moot.
whether they are doing it or not is immaterial to the question of whether they can do 'whatever they want.'
clearly they cannot, and only a fool would believe otherwise.

Old 02-24-2021, 12:33 PM

1,478 posts, read 478,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I have read the book.

A short synopsis of it is that there is no cure for white privilege/supremacy. White self flagellation and groveling is the new normal, with no end in sight.

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of white leftists that agree with this.
Have you ever noticed that when you set your wake up alarm on these clocks, it only greets you with a rude awakening, so you hit snooze, and get another rude awakening. I very rarely use them anymore.

I always liked in the spring, when the doves land on the shed roof outside my window at daybreak.

When God showed Abraham the land, God shared the beginning of sight with him there, as far as his eye could see in every direction.

Old 02-24-2021, 01:05 PM

7,908 posts, read 3,453,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
She is deeply racist and is managing to profit from it. She is truly trying to implement institutional racism. And if you point out her racism that just confirms you are indeed racist.

How do liberals fall for this??
Only the dimmer ones really fall for it. The smarter ones realize it is bull but also realize it is an unstoppable weapon for winning a culture war. Typically this means when someone is spewing this nonsense you are either dealing with a dim bulb or an intelligent psychopath.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:12 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
So, what? Private Corporations can do whatever the hell they want. This is economic freedom. And if you as an Coca-Cola employer doesn't like it, you can get another job.
Imagine if there was a required diversity and inclusion seminar at your work that said "Try to be less black." You think that would be acceptable and people should just accept it or get another job?

Old 02-24-2021, 05:15 PM

672 posts, read 698,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Imagine if there was a required diversity and inclusion seminar at your work that said "Try to be less black." You think that would be acceptable and people should just accept it or get another job?

While I think the whole premises of a sanctioned seminar about being white is stupid and wrong, black people already know to follow this rule of thought of "Try to be less black" unofficially depending on the job they have and their career aspirations.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The reason it’s back in the news is because this crazy racist woman gets paid millions by corporations for seminars in diversity and inclusion. There was a whistleblower from Coca-Cola who recently showed screenshots of corporate classes they had to take to try to be less white. Perhaps you heard about it?
I was taking inclusion and diversity classes in corporate america 20 years ago.

No one ever told me to 'be less white".

Old 02-24-2021, 05:28 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I was taking inclusion and diversity classes in corporate america 20 years ago.

No one ever told me to 'be less white".
so it's not happening now because it didn't happen to you personally 20 years ago.
got it

Old 02-24-2021, 05:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so it's not happening now because it didn't happen to you personally 20 years ago.
got it
I'm saying diversity and inclusion seminars/classes are not new to corporate america.

I've not seen or heard where anyone was told to be 'less white".

Old 02-24-2021, 05:37 PM

672 posts, read 698,314 times
Quote:
No. This stuff is very real in the more blue school districts in the United States. Your children are exposed to it constantly.

I think people who live in red and purple areas of the country really have no idea what's going on in the blue areas.

I live in a blue county in a red state and in a majority black city and main school district. They have bigger problems to worry about than white fragility honestly. believe it or not black history month isn't even a big deal and wasn't that big of deal when I last was in school a decade plus ago. A friend of mines middle school kid didn't even know who Emmett Till was, which is crazy since he was killed two hours away.

I say this, because every year around February like clock work, there are 20+ threads with 500+ responses about black history month and how it's, racist, or divisive or whatever else. As a black person I may skim some but I just ignore them no point in reading it. As a white person why even entertain someone who tell you to be less white, it's just going to make you angry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies