Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 08:37 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I can tell it like it is: I don't give a damn about it. I'm tired of hearing about it. I've done not a damn thing to be accused of having anything to do with it or be forced to listen to the bilge constantly.

If you can find anyone guilty of a crime that is provable in a court of law, go for it. Prosecute them. Otherwise shut up about it. Quit blaming an entire race for something that is perpetrated by a tiny minority of that race. You people have the "a Mexican robbed the gas station, therefore all Mexicans are thieves" syndrome BIG TIME. You even have a set of scriptures now promoting that philosophy.
Thank you, you've just made my point quite nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 08:37 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
If you go back on this site a few years, I'd have been saying the same thing. All these right wingers are just being triggered by a handful of youtube videos that circulate like wildfire. this kind of nonsense existed on college campuses 30 years ago and they are just looking for something to get angry about.

I no longer believe this. There is a concentrated effort to get this nonsense into the mainstream, and the Floyd killing was capitalized on to launch the campaign. You can't deny this is what is happening when it's become standard dogma in the media and it's now being pushed as corporate training.
Yeah, it isn't just fringe crazies, this is mainstream now. I wonder if there is some kind of hidden agenda behind it.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
As a person who's always leaned left, you can only ignore it for so long unless you go into a cabin in the woods. I hear rumblings of it in my sons schools. Speaking up against it is going to have risks. My conservative neighbors would be shocked to hear me being the one going against it.
They are seriously indoctrinating young children now.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:43 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you saw some of the social media of school admins and board members, you might not say that.
Why, do they have AIDS?

Old 02-24-2021, 08:46 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Thank you, you've just made my point quite nicely.
Seems I didn't. You indirectly accused a pigeonhole class of people of not being able to tell it like it is. I told it like it is. Therefore your point was rendered inaccurate.

And as is nauseatingly typical, you didn't counter even one of the points made in my post. Shall we play musical chairs now?

Old 02-24-2021, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Seems I didn't. You accused a pigeonhole class of people of not being able to tell it like it is. I told it like it is. Therefore your point was rendered inaccurate.
Well, it seems that when others "tell it like it is" and you don't agree with it, you get all indignant and nurse a grievance. Thanks for playing.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I would posit that those who are "fragile" are the ones who whine and caterwaul the loudest. And who would that be? It's certainly not Joe and Joan American who are too busy getting on with living their lives and feeding their families to worry about a fabricated victimization. Nope, not them.

So who is fragile? I'll tell you: a small percentage of blacks who are obsessed and a small percentage of whites (often referred to as "wokes" and "sjw") who are obsessed. They need to find a more productive use of their time, rather than whining about how picked on they are. They are not picked on at all, but they sure make themselves easy to be hated.
The wokes and sjw are NOT a small percentage. They are pretty much ALL the Democrats, as far as I can tell. This is a MAJOR movement now.

It started decades ago, and it did make sense at a time when blacks were often treated unfairly. But now it has a new incarnation, which I think is crazy.

I grew up in the 1960s, and even then anti-racism seemed kind of crazy to me. In the family I was raised in, NOTHING was more imporrtant than anti-racism. It was the only moral question ever discussed in my family. There was never any mention of religion or spirituality, or other kinds of morality. There was only one commandment -- Thou shalt not hate blacks. (maybe we called them negroes back then).

So now we have that same monomaniacal focus on race, and it has captivated half the country. Maybe it's kind of a replacement for religion, for people who think religion is crazy. I was raised to think religion is crazy.

As an adult, I eventually rejected all that anti-racist fanaticism. Of COURSE it's important not to be a racist, but other things are important also. I have often heard anti-racists make fun of people who are less educated, who speak a lower class dialect, who are missing teeth. They often make agist remarks. They seem to think unkind bigotry is just fine, AS LONG as it is not directed at blacks (or browns, or Asians, etc.)

I have been accused of being a racist several times in the past year, simply because I am not a Democrat, and because I was not outraged about the George Floyd killing.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, it seems that when others "tell it like it is" and you don't agree with it, you get all indignant and nurse a grievance. Thanks for playing.
You issued the challenge, not me. I proved you wrong. From what perspective do you expect me to "tell it like it is"? Yours? Someone else's? If so, you are living in somewhat of a fantasy land. "Telling like it is" involves someone making a statement in the first person based on their own opinions. And as I said when I was "telling it like it is," I don't really care about your opinion any more than you care about mine. It was simply a response to your inaccurate statement.

And again, not a peep about the contents of that post. Just a typical leftist diversion. Let's argue about grammar now, shall we, since we just finished our game of musical chairs. Perhaps we could play pin the tail on the donkey after that. Anything to avoid the actual issues.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The wokes and sjw are NOT a small percentage. They are pretty much ALL the Democrats, as far as I can tell. This is a MAJOR movement now.

It started decades ago, and it did make sense at a time when blacks were often treated unfairly. But now it has a new incarnation, which I think is crazy.

I grew up in the 1960s, and even then anti-racism seemed kind of crazy to me. In the family I was raised in, NOTHING was more imporrtant than anti-racism. It was the only moral question ever discussed in my family. There was never any mention of religion or spirituality, or other kinds of morality. There was only one commandment -- Thou shalt not hate blacks. (maybe we called them negroes back then).

So now we have that same monomaniacal focus on race, and it has captivated half the country. Maybe it's kind of a replacement for religion, for people who think religion is crazy. I was raised to think religion is crazy.

As an adult, I eventually rejected all that anti-racist fanaticism. Of COURSE it's important not to be a racist, but other things are important also. I have often heard anti-racists make fun of people who are less educated, who speak a lower class dialect, who are missing teeth. They often make agist remarks. They seem to think unkind bigotry is just fine, AS LONG as it is not directed at blacks (or browns, or Asians, etc.)

I have been accused of being a racist several times in the past year, simply because I am not a Democrat, and because I was not outraged about the George Floyd killing.
You're right, it is pretty much all the left. I don't know that it is because all of them actually feel anything, though. It's probably because leftists are all too keen on jumping upon any bandwagon their puppet-masters roll out. Bottom line is that they are using racism to fight racism. And they are too dimwitted to see that will get them nowhere besides right back to a mirror image of what they are supposedly trying to "correct." Nothing solved. Insanity: bashing your head against the wall repeatedly and expecting to not have a headache next time.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:03 PM

Quote:
You issued the challenge, not me. I proved you wrong. From what perspective do you expect me to "tell it like it is"? Yours? Someone else's? If so, you are living in somewhat of a fantasy land. "Telling like it is" involves someone making a statement in the first person based on their own opinions. And as I said when I was "telling it like it is," I don't really care about your opinion any more than you care about mine. It was simply a response to your inaccurate statement.

And again, not a peep about the contents of that post. Just a typical leftist diversion. Let's argue about grammar now, shall we, since we just finished our game of musical chairs. Perhaps we could play pin the tail on the donkey after that. Anything to avoid the actual issues.
Well, you obviously seem to care a lot, hence your indignant rejoinder - with a whole lot of words but saying little of content except to express how upset you are.

Game, set and match. Again, you're eminently doubled down again to prove my point. Shall I send you some hankies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies